Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Bruce Pearl, Jujuan "trash talk an opposing coach", and Vol-thugs?

Started by mathhog, March 15, 2008, 09:07:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

YOU CHOKED!

PEL = 2 SECT WINS IN 1 YEAR
PEARL = 1 SECT WINS IN 3 YEARS

Bye bye #1 seed, hello getting blown out in the second round by the 10 seed (just like 2006!)

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

hogjayhawk

mathhog

hogjayhawk

kimjongsqUeAl

WOOOOOOOO PIIIIIG SOOOOIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!   They were talking that trash weren't they??!!!! 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

mathhog

Quote from: hogjayhawk on March 15, 2008, 09:09:23 pm
PS Jujuan is a thug ...where was he on the last shot

probably mouthing off to steven hill:   "man steve i'll get you next time you're on offe--- oh, wow... we lost"

Rocktownhog

GO HOGS!

Rocktownhog

GO HOGS!

Lard

jj smith is a puss!  He couldn't even play at the cause his wittle wegs were hurting!
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

HogMavFan

The Vols did not choke. They played their best and we still beat them. That is even better than them choking. We finally are starting to play to our potential.

p.s. Jujuan is a dooshbag

Bomis Hawg

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I don't read lips, but it looked like Pel told that kid to "shut the F*** up!"  I freakin love that guy!  GO HOGS!!!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 15, 2008, 09:22:46 pm
I don't read lips, but it looked like Pel told that kid to "shut the F*** up!"  I freakin love that guy!  GO HOGS!!!

Thats what it looked like to me. 
Hill shut 'em up.  ;D

lunchbox72703

mathhog

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 15, 2008, 09:22:46 pm

agreed.

love it!

can you imagine HEATH saying that?

phadedhawg

mathhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 16, 2008, 12:08:02 am
I saw it on ESPN's website earlier.

that's cool.  i like how they pull on the jersey name a lot.... bev does that constantly when he's jacked.

UltimateHog

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't JaJuan a JR, and doesn't Tenn play in BWA next season?
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 16, 2008, 01:52:22 am
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't JaJuan a JR, and doesn't Tenn play in BWA next season?

JaJuan is a SR.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HeyBC

JaJuan Smith is a senior and a heck of a good kid. He plays with passion. He's been a vocal leader for the Vols this year. I think it's funny that he got in a coach's head. I would think a coach should talk to his own players more than the other team's.

idiotghos

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 01:56:05 am
I think it's funny that he got in a coach's head. I would think a coach should talk to his own players more than the other team's.

Call up ol' orange torso and tell him.  Looks like he needs some help coaching so he doesn't repeat tonight.

40MINSOFHELL

JaJuan Smith is a senior and a heck of a good kid. He plays with passion. He's been a vocal leader for the Vols this year. I think it's funny that he got in a coach's head. I would think a coach should talk to his own players more than the other team's.

haha did u see ur coach face after we won...haha

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HeyBCI would think a coach should talk to his own players more than the other team's.

Well, you're wrong.  Pelphery tells his own players the same thing all the time.

And what thing am I talking about?        STFU!

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HeyBC

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 16, 2008, 01:59:20 am
Well, you're wrong.  Pelphery tells his own players the same thing all the time.

And what thing am I talking about?        STFU!

I'm wrong? That means a coach SHOULD talk to opposing players more than his own. I don't get that way of thinking.

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:02:09 am
I'm wrong? That means a coach SHOULD talk to opposing players more than his own. I don't get that way of thinking.

as a wise man once said, "STFU!"

idiotghos

Then again, you don't get SEC tournament wins, either.

Hoggy1

Quote from: idiotghos on March 16, 2008, 02:03:16 am

3....2....1  and the nail has met my head

HeyBC

Quote from: idiotghos on March 16, 2008, 02:03:16 am

No, but those regular season championships are a lot of fun!

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:04:49 am

LMAO...please tell me you didn't just say that.....pathetic

this statement proves my Theory that UT has the most ignorant fanbase in the U.S.

SwinerBock

I would think a player shouldn't be jawing to the opposing coach to begin with, and then staring him down a minute later after hitting a three.

I wish I could have been there after the game at their handshake to hear Pel say "Scoreboard, b****!"

idiotghos

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:04:49 am

Did you already get your ribbon for it?  Enjoy your sweet sixteen meltdown.

No, really.  Why are you even here?  It's bad enough that your team lost, but you're just embarrassing yourself now.

HeyBC

Quote from: SwinerBock on March 16, 2008, 02:06:12 am
I would think a player shouldn't be jawing to the opposing coach to begin with, and then staring him down a minute later after hitting a three.

I wish I could have been there after the game at their handshake to hear Pel say "Scoreboard, b****!"

He's that classy, huh? It's too bad UT and Ark are in different divisions and only get to play once a year. I think this could be a budding rivalry. Pelphrey is the only coach trying to do something similar to what Pearl is doing re: style of play. I look forward to it.

Lando Calrissian

No, you implied that Pelphery berates opposing players but not his own.

He berated JuJuan Smith for doing something stupid, that is, taunting the bench (specifically, Pelphery).

You see, Pelphery has been there and done that.  He has been trying to bash that same mentality into his own team this entire season, so he for SURE isn't going to take it from some kid from an opposing team in a heated game.

------------------------------------------

So, I am truly sorry if you were offended by it.

Surely we can find a way to work through this bitter divide in a civil manner.

Oh yeah, and STFU!

crowe6_1

1. Does a good kid taunt the opposing coach? No. We never claimed that Pel was a good guy (a heck of a coach though)
2. His vocals lead yall straight to a loss.
3. Yea, I think it's funny that he got in our coach's head too. It fired him and the team up. (wrong move on his part)

UltimateHog

LMAO at saying anything about a reg season title...

Oh those poor Tenn fans and their worthless basketball program that's never won anything.

It's almost sad.

And last I checked, Pel isn't copying Pearl moron, you act like Pear invented pressure and up tempo styles...

Maybe you should look up Nolan Richardson, and realize we've ran that LONG before your worthless basketball program has even existed.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

HeyBC

Technically, it's not a "regular season title" it's an SEC Championship. I misspoke. The hardware UT got on Friday was very nice.

HeyBC

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 16, 2008, 02:16:28 am
LMAO at saying anything about a reg season title...

Oh those poor Tenn fans and their worthless basketball program that's never won anything.

It's almost sad.

And last I checked, Pel isn't copying Pearl moron, you act like Pear invented pressure and up tempo styles...

Maybe you should look up Nolan Richardson, and realize we've ran that LONG before your worthless basketball program has even existed.

I think Pel learned his uptempo style from Rick Pitino. I didn't say he was copying Pearl, just trying a similar approach. Should make for some barnburner games the next few years.

crowe6_1

Looks like they just couldn't get it done when it counted
What are they gonna be remembered for.
ARKANSAS KICKING THIER ***

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:18:14 am
Technically, it's not a "regular season title" it's an SEC Championship. I misspoke. The hardware UT got on Friday was very nice.

that sure is pretty, maybe you can put it next to your other SEC championship trophies.......GREAT SARCASM

idiotghos

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:18:14 am

Going to get your tie-for-16th-place-ncaa rings ordered up already to go with it?

HeyBC

Quote from: crowe6_1 on March 16, 2008, 02:21:04 am
Looks like they just couldn't get it done when it counted
What are they gonna be remembered for.
ARKANSAS KICKING THIER ***

You call a one point win kicking "thier" (sic) ***? Uh, okay.

HeyBC

Quote from: idiotghos on March 16, 2008, 02:21:45 am
Going to get your tie-for-16th-place-ncaa rings ordered up already to go with it?

Jealously is an ugly thing.

UltimateHog

HeyBC, speaking of trophies...You know whats even nicer? A National Championship Trophy.

Those sure are sexy, not that you'd know. We've already got a few of those reg season trophies...nothing special.

idiotghos

Hoggy1

mathhog

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:24:01 am
You call a one point win kicking "thier" (sic) ***? Uh, okay.

hey genius

you lost the game by ONE POINT...

wanna know why?

chris lofton, 93% FT shooter, at the line, 50 seconds left for two shots..

first shot?  CLANG!

chris lofton, 40% 3PT shooter, at the 3, 2 seconds left to win the game

shot?  CLANG!

whether you call it an a**kicking or not, it CERTAINLY was a

CHOKE!  GAME ON THE LINE AND ALL POOR TENNIE DOES IS CHOKE!

crowe6_1

If it aint an *** whippin, then why you on our boards crying???

mathhog

***DEAR VOLS,

YOU LEFT YOUR SECTOURNAMENT BANNER AT THE ARENA.

ARENA OFFICIALS WILL BE HAPPY TO MAIL YOUR BANNER TO YOU.

ENCLOSED IS A PICTURE OF THAT BANNER.  HOPEFULLY YOU WON'T CONFUSE THIS BANNER WITH ALL OF TENNESSEE'S OTHER SECTOURNEY "BANNERS" THAT LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE: