Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas loses to Tennessee

Started by Hogtied85, February 24, 2013, 06:05:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

Tom Collen says this is a rebuilding year!!! WTH! What does he mean by this? I am totally confused by this statement. He has experienced players on his team that played last year and so does Tennessee. He said that his team is overachieving this year.

3kgthog

Why so serious? Ladyback history should've told you that an SEC collapse was a given. The Collen ceiling was reached last season. Accept it and life will be ok again.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 24, 2013, 09:34:35 pm
Why so serious? Ladyback history should've told you that an SEC collapse was a given. The Collen ceiling was reached last season. Accept it and life will be ok again.

This always happens.  Move along - nothing to see here.

Westcoasthog

Again as I say Tom Collen needs to go- bring on Kim Mulkey of Baylor, or bring back Gary Blair who contract at the time was not renewed by Bev Lewis
the then Womens Athletic Director, and the Former Chancellor John White who
was always meddling in the Athletic Department.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 25, 2013, 03:30:52 am
   Again as I say Tom Collen needs to go- bring on Kim Mulkey of Baylor, or bring back Gary Blair who contract at the time was not renewed by Bev Lewis
the then Womens Athletic Director, and the Former Chancellor John White who
was always meddling in the Athletic Department.

Why would Kim Mulkey leave a successful program she built to come here and start at the ground floor all over again?  Money?  Arkansas is not going to spend the kind of money it would take to get Mulkey here on a sport that does not produce revenue.  Gary Blair has got to be around 67-78 years old.  He is a good coach, but is getting kind of long in the tooth to start all over again.  Plus, his conference record at Arkansas wasn't all that hot. 
IMHO Arkansas needs to go out and get a hungry, young coach who is a crazy-good recruiter to make the women's program at least competitive.

Westcoasthog

IronHawg you do not know what you are talking about - Kim Mulkey of
Baylor would come to Arkansas put up the money you will see, also Gary Blair
would certainly reconsider and come back to Arkansas from Texas A&M.

Ironhawg

February 26, 2013, 09:48:57 am #6 Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:41:03 pm by Ironhawg
Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 25, 2013, 07:18:10 pm
     IronHawg you do not know what you are talking about - Kim Mulkey of
Baylor would come to Arkansas put up the money you will see, also Gary Blair
would certainly reconsider and come back to Arkansas from Texas A&M.

Try reading my post again.  I said Arkansas would never put up the kind of money needed to get Mulkey to leave Baylor.  And you've got to admit, Arkansas as a program offers little more than a massive challenge in getting them from middle of the pack to the upper echelon of the SEC.  Gary Blair might return to Arkansas but why bring him back?  Sure he was popular, but the reality is that while at Arkansas his SEC record was 54-75.  Second, he is nearing 70 years old.  Why not bring in a youngster who is a proven recruiter?

edt

Collen needs to be sent down the road kicking cans.

Iwastherein1969

how about letting the women play intramurals and forget it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

psycHOGlogist

I'm a little puzzled by the OP. Of course this is a rebuilding year, and it was always going to be. Look at what graduated last year. Ricketts, Daniels, and Harris -- all very consistent, very solid multi-year starters -- all graduated, and Dominique Robinson's career has basically been cut short by injury. What we are left with is Watkins, whose inconsistency has been a complete mystery, Williams, who is an undersized but worthy player in the post, and a bunch of role players. Berna is a nice pass-first PG, but she is not an offensive weapon, and the other players are either undersized guards or seriously inexperienced (Bowen, Gatling, Wolff, Bailey). Of course it's a rebuilding year. I'm not sure I would say that they are over-achieving, and it's fair to question who we are "rebuilding" with (though Wilson has had a very impressive second half of the season), but if anyone expected a repeat of last year with this year's team, they misjudged this year's roster.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 27, 2013, 01:27:36 am
I'm a little puzzled by the OP. Of course this is a rebuilding year, and it was always going to be. Look at what graduated last year. Ricketts, Daniels, and Harris -- all very consistent, very solid multi-year starters -- all graduated, and Dominique Robinson's career has basically been cut short by injury. What we are left with is Watkins, whose inconsistency has been a complete mystery, Williams, who is an undersized but worthy player in the post, and a bunch of role players. Berna is a nice pass-first PG, but she is not an offensive weapon, and the other players are either undersized guards or seriously inexperienced (Bowen, Gatling, Wolff, Bailey). Of course it's a rebuilding year. I'm not sure I would say that they are over-achieving, and it's fair to question who we are "rebuilding" with (though Wilson has had a very impressive second half of the season), but if anyone expected a repeat of last year with this year's team, they misjudged this year's roster.

+1
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kennymayne

Why don't they try and go get Foley from UALR? That man can coach.

Ethan2010

Becky brown, star city.  I kid I kid.

Dr. Starcs

If you're gonna get Becky brown she better be Kevin Frouds assistant. He has owned her in head to head matchups. But I will agree, she's very good.

The_Iceman

I think its just time for a change. I like Tom Cullen, but we can do better.