Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB said this.....

Started by synthartist69, November 24, 2017, 08:36:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

BB said that he wishes that the people who made this decision to fire could have seen what he has accomplished here at Arkansas. This means that the temporary AD had nothing to do with this decision of firing him, although she says that she made this decision after the game. I call BS and that this decision was made at least one week ago if not two weeks ago. I would say that they were on the fence after the Carolina Coastal game but were waiting to see if he could win out the rest of the games, to give them a reason to keep him in respect to the injury bug he was facing. But more than anything, the empty seats were really all they needed to know. With that said, I say that the coach has already been chosen and it is GUS or Norvell, depending on whether or not Gus wins Saturday. Some people are acting like BB is a victim here, are you kidding me??? He made 20 million here and will get another 5 million dollars!!! If I got fired from a 10.00 an hour job the public would say I deserved it.. LOL  I don't hate BB but I am definitely in the camp that he just be let go, but to feel sorry for him??? I feel like I have been lied to by him... We are going to win the SEC, beat em in the trenches but yet I saw the worse offensive line under BB here. And defense.. OMG..... get rid of Rhoads immediately! Probably Enos as well for some of those boneheaded play calls. BB critical decision making has been horrible all the way through this last game.

Wild Bill Hog

Bert may be a lot of things, but a victim is NOT one of them.

cal34

Yes, the same people that Bret didn't get to talk too are the same ones that have probably already chosen the new coach.
I'm thinking its Gus. 

synthartist69

Quote from: cal34 on November 24, 2017, 08:40:09 pm
Yes, the same people that Bret didn't get to talk too are the same ones that have probably already chosen the new coach.
I'm thinking its Gus. 
I would say GUS as well for first choice.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 08:39:43 pm

Much truth in this.
This is my non-signature signature.

Andrew Hogfan

Your last sentence is why he's no longer employed here imho. 
WPS!!!

synthartist69

The thing that bothers me is that they should have hired GUS in place of NUTT. The man was a proven winner even at that point in his career, but I am sure he has now gained some very valuable experience coaching at this level, problem now is that he may be too good for us.

luke hawg

The temporary AD has as much to do with the hiring of the next football coach as I do. An AD isn't necessary because the board and boosters will be running the football program for the foreseeable future. Her press conference made that very clear. A search committee to hire the next figure head at the AD position but my overlords that are using me as a mouthpiece will be hiring the football coach.

DOGALUM

im glad he's gone.....but you are a dik for calling him Bert.   Grow the darn up.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

She really didn't look too happy that she was the one made to fire Bret during her PC.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

go hogues

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 24, 2017, 08:42:34 pm
The thing that bothers me is that they should have hired GUS in place of NUTT. The man was a proven winner even at that point in his career, but I am sure he has now gained some very valuable experience coaching at this level, problem now is that he may be too good for us.
Huh? Wasn't Gus at Strong HS when Nutt was hired?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 24, 2017, 08:49:07 pm
She really didn't look too happy that she was the one made to fire Bret during her PC.
She is in an awful situation. Knowing she's on her way out AND having to do the bidding of a bunch of Arkansas good'ol boys.

If we make the hire in the next few days, I bet they'll let her claim it as an olive branch for the crap she's having to put up with.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: go hogues on November 24, 2017, 08:52:14 pm
She is in an awful situation. Knowing she's on her way out AND having to do the bidding of a bunch of Arkansas good'ol boys.

If we make the hire in the next few days, I bet they'll let her claim it as an olive branch for the crap she's having to put up with.
possibly
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

synthartist69

Quote from: go hogues on November 24, 2017, 08:50:09 pm
Huh? Wasn't Gus at Strong HS when Nutt was hired?
I meant when NUTT was fired... sorry

JackTNHogfan

He's rich and set for life.  Don't feel sorry for him.  Plenty of good coaches have been fired and bounced back.  As long as he doesn't talk crap about us, I've got no beef.  I'm frustrated that he didn't deliver more than he did but sometimes people underachieve and let you down.  He probably feels that way about some of his players and us fans too.   It's just life.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 24, 2017, 08:48:33 pm
im glad he's gone.....but you are a dik for calling him Bert.   Grow the darn up.

Well you are entitled to your opinion.  Grow up and quit worrying about what someone else chooses to do.

synthartist69

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 24, 2017, 08:56:53 pm
He's rich and set for life.  Don't feel sorry for him.  Plenty of good coaches have been fired and bounced back.  As long as he doesn't talk crap about us, I've got no beef.  I'm frustrated that he didn't deliver more than he did but sometimes people underachieve and let you down.  He probably feels that way about some of his players and us fans too.   It's just life.
I agree...and in his mind he probably believed he could get it done.

twistitup

Why does it bother you? If you like correct names, why doglum?
Use your real name big guy...If people want to call him Bert- who cares
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

husker71

Nebraska is going through the same thing as we speak.  Riley is trying to save his job begging for one more year.  He brought in a defensive coordinator from ND and today they gave up nearly 600 yards to Iowa (just like us )   Why is it always the defense that falls apart when a coach is failing??  Maybe effort is down and so is the planning.  I don't know.  I do know that Bowden told Osborne (they were friends) after Fla St had beaten us again in a bowl game that he should think about taking some of those fast offensive players and moving them to defense and that is what they did on there way to multiple NCs.  Maybe it takes longer to get the right players on the defensive side.

DOGALUM

Quote from: twistitup on November 24, 2017, 09:01:02 pm
Why does it bother you? If you like correct names, why doglum?
Use your real name big guy...If people want to call him Bert- who cares
im sure you can see the difference.  If not, well...I'm not surprised. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

razorsharptusk

Arkansas has its man.  Just buying time.
GO HOGS!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 08:57:51 pm
Well you are entitled to your opinion.  Grow up and quit worrying about what someone else chooses to do.

You need to grow up! You are part of the reason people think we're just little ole Arkansas.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 24, 2017, 09:22:28 pm
You need to grow up! You are part of the reason people think we're just little ole Arkansas.

No, no I'm not.  No one really thinks about Arkansas.  If they did, why would I be part of the reason and not you?

RazorbacksFan

Curious: why would she have to leave? Couldn't she accept an opportunity to remain in the department when an AD is selected?

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: razorsharptusk on November 24, 2017, 09:15:43 pm
Arkansas has its man.  Just buying time.

Not sure about that, however, might have their pecking order.

rzrbackramsfan

A not-good coach is though

hogninja

I totally agree it's time for a change and they did let him finish the season, but to throw insults at him as he's leaving is totally schoolyard. He was hired and at the time was considered a very good hire.  Just didn't work out for several reasons. Time to move on with a Little class and look forward to what's next, not take parting shots on a done deal. 8)

shown006

Bielema couldn't even get his own firing right.  Said he was fired "coming off the field" when he was actually called to an office and informed of a decision he already knew.
WPS!

leroyhawg

The timing was not right then, he has learned what it takes to survive in the most hostile environment in the SEC. Perfect timing now or never.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Iwastherein1969

why all the wet eyes for Bielema....Bret got 2.5 million dollars for every SEC win during his years here. You know, I know, hell, even yellow dog knows that Bret would have been gonzo with 10 SEC wins in 4 years, 11 in 5 years with almost half of the 11 wins coming in one season. 
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hoglady

Quote from: shown006 on November 24, 2017, 10:26:38 pm
Bielema couldn't even get his own firing right.  Said he was fired "coming off the field" when he was actually called to an office and informed of a decision he already knew.

That incorrect comment by Bielema is what has caused the negative twitter firestorm against the UA administration. He did later correct that - but damage was already done.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

He also said he would give us something we have never had.  Well yep.  0-8 & 1-7.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

BassinHawg

I kinda think what he accomplished here is what got him fired! He gave Arkansas a lot of things they never had before that for sure. I don't think he has much to hang a hat on with that statement.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

regi

The people who fired him,  did see what he accomplished.  11-29. We all saw it.  This was not a difficult decision.

LZH

I'll say this, the new AD probably wouldn't have been asked to strut into the coach's office on his first day and say "hi I'm Joe Blow and you're fired".

Jimbob111

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 24, 2017, 08:36:29 pm
BB said that he wishes that the people who made this decision to fire could have seen what he has accomplished here at Arkansas. This means that the temporary AD had nothing to do with this decision of firing him, although she says that she made this decision after the game. I call BS and that this decision was made at least one week ago if not two weeks ago. I would say that they were on the fence after the Carolina Coastal game but were waiting to see if he could win out the rest of the games, to give them a reason to keep him in respect to the injury bug he was facing. But more than anything, the empty seats were really all they needed to know. With that said, I say that the coach has already been chosen and it is GUS or Norvell, depending on whether or not Gus wins Saturday. Some people are acting like BB is a victim here, are you kidding me??? He made 20 million here and will get another 5 million dollars!!! If I got fired from a 10.00 an hour job the public would say I deserved it.. LOL  I don't hate BB but I am definitely in the camp that he just be let go, but to feel sorry for him??? I feel like I have been lied to by him... We are going to win the SEC, beat em in the trenches but yet I saw the worse offensive line under BB here. And defense.. OMG..... get rid of Rhoads immediately! Probably Enos as well for some of those boneheaded play calls. BB critical decision making has been horrible all the way through this last game.

Sorry, Bret was gone. It was happening. The one who didn't see that is also gone. Arkansas CAN NOT have a football program this bad.

Dari Nowka just said, and I paraphrase, that "Arkansas doesn't have the tradition and history of an Auburn, of an Alabama, of and LSU"...

Those who think LSU has a better history obviously can't read and obviously are under 40...

THAT is what got Long and his integrity hire fired.

Should have happened long ago.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

rickm1976

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 25, 2017, 12:33:19 am
Sorry, Bret was gone. It was happening. The one who didn't see that is also gone. Arkansas CAN NOT have a football program this bad.

Dari Nowka just said, and I paraphrase, that "Arkansas doesn't have the tradition and history of an Auburn, of an Alabama, of and LSU"...

Those who think LSU has a better history obviously can't read and obviously are under 40...

THAT is what got Long and his integrity hire fired.

Should have happened long ago.

Couldn't agree more.

synthartist69

Quote from: leroyhawg on November 24, 2017, 10:28:34 pm
The timing was not right then, he has learned what it takes to survive in the most hostile environment in the SEC. Perfect timing now or never.
He could have learned that here at Arkansas

synthartist69

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2017, 11:16:56 pm
He also said he would give us something we have never had.  Well yep.  0-8 & 1-7.
At least he didn't give us crabs....

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hoglady on November 24, 2017, 11:10:01 pm
That incorrect comment by Bielema is what has caused the negative twitter firestorm against the UA administration. He did later correct that - but damage was already done.

More of his big mouth causing trouble.  Classy  - NOT!

HawgnCorona

Crappy position to be in but that is how it works in todays world...The one thing that hurts the most is his pride. It comes before the fall. However his wallet should be a soft landing for him.

You cant blame others when you dont take full advantage of the opportunity given.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

nwa_razorback_coffee

He said we were on a steady climb.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: LZH on November 25, 2017, 12:27:51 am
I'll say this, the new AD probably wouldn't have been asked to strut into the coach's office on his first day and say "hi I'm Joe Blow and you're fired".
Jerry Jones did it to Tom Landry

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

mhuff

It's the kind of thing people do behind a screen that they wouldn't do to his face.

I liked coach, but he got paid a lot of money for poor results. He was given plenty of time and didn't get her done. Good luck coach.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: husker71 on November 24, 2017, 09:08:02 pm
Nebraska is going through the same thing as we speak.  Riley is trying to save his job begging for one more year.  He brought in a defensive coordinator from ND and today they gave up nearly 600 yards to Iowa (just like us )   Why is it always the defense that falls apart when a coach is failing??  Maybe effort is down and so is the planning.  I don't know.  I do know that Bowden told Osborne (they were friends) after Fla St had beaten us again in a bowl game that he should think about taking some of those fast offensive players and moving them to defense and that is what they did on there way to multiple NCs.  Maybe it takes longer to get the right players on the defensive side.

It isn't, ask Lester...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sigpooie

Bye burt, thanks for getting more players hurt than any coach we've had. Thanks for losing all the games we should have won. There is some big high schools that could use your talent. Sooooo good luck.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

menehune

He** No!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: shown006 on November 24, 2017, 10:26:38 pm

It was just hyperbole. Its that simple. Like me saying you are the worst poster on the planet.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hogcards

It's a new day and we now have a promising future again.

Be glad he's gone.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

moses_007

Who cares what BB had to say?  He's gone.  Good freaking riddance.