Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No search committee spells one thing

Started by 007 License To Squeal, November 24, 2017, 08:04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

cal34

That's what i got out of the whole thing. 

DoctorSusscrofa

So you're calling the interim AD a liar?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Mr Jade

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 08:07:43 pm
So you're calling the interim AD a liar?

She also said that Bielema wasn't fired until today, that the decision was made today. So, yeah, I am. She's doing PR speak, how many times do big corporations tell lies? Constantly. It's just PR speak.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 24, 2017, 08:08:34 pm
Nope.  I think a deal is pending....

She said otherwise. She said the search begins tonight. Either it's already pending or she told the truth.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 24, 2017, 08:10:12 pm
She also said that Bielema wasn't fired until today, that the decision was made today. So, yeah, I am. She's doing PR speak, how many times do big corporations tell lies? Constantly. It's just PR speak.

Oh yeah. Bingo.

DoctorSusscrofa

Ok. You say she's a liar. I got you loud n clear.

lasthog

Guess the letter had been written just in case. Like newspapers write some obits of famous oldies prematurely, just have to wait to appropriate time to publish.

hoglady

We may have a particular coach in mind who may have said they would come - it's not a done deal until the press conference is called. Pretty fluid until that point - verbal stuff means nothing. Things can change on a dime.
What do ya'll expect her to say?
Until it's a done deal - we have a coaching search going on.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Mr Jade

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 08:11:50 pm
Ok. You say she's a liar. I got you loud n clear.

Unless you are Will or Julie (and I know Will very well), you don't need to be offended. She's lying, and doing her job.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Pretty sure it's one of two people.  If option A doesn't accept, option B definitely will.

Now, what two guys would accept th Arkansas job without an AD firmly in place?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

buldozer

Her exact words were not exactly firm on she was going to do the hiring. She said she was doing the search..... no matter what she said, she is not going to be hiring the next razorback football coach. We already been down that road and it didn't turn out well....

jnhogs

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 08:10:39 pm
She said otherwise. She said the search begins tonight. Either it's already pending or she told the truth.

Maybe she is going to start "searching" for a coach who plays Alabama tomorrow or one that lives in Memphis... she didnt say specifically What she was searching for or how long it would take.... she couldn't  say, oh we've already decided...

Tarheelhawg

I liked the confident smile that the interim AD had when asked if she had a short list of coaches.  I agree based on the body language etc.; she has it narrowed down in my opinion.  However, like the previous poster stated it is a fluid situation: it is not a done deal yet but close.  So yeah, the search is wide open.   

WilsonHog

Y'all are smarter than this, no?

She can't say, "Oh, yeah, we've narrowed it down to two coaches. Just waiting to see what happens in the Iron Bowl."

She can't say that we're going to convene a search committee over the weekend and then announce our next coach three days from now.

So what do you do? You use language that says everything and nothing at the same time. You use language that you can later spin however you need to in order to fit what actually transpires.

I thought she did well.

codeHog

kp72204

You guys are blind... Coincidence that Kelly ain't in Florida, only if you head is in sand. Lol

Hawg Red

What are the odds she will be named the new AD?

HF#1

I sure hope so and I hope it is a good one.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 08:27:46 pm

She can't say, 'Oh, yeah, we've narrowed it down to two coaches. Just waiting to see what happens in the Iron Bowl."

She can't say that we're going to convene a search committee over the weekend and then announce our next coach three days three days from now.

So what do you do? You use language that says everything and nothing at the same time. You use language that you can later spin however you need to in order to fit what actually transpires.

I thought she did well.

Same here.  She's smart and she was prepared.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 24, 2017, 08:04:21 pm
New HC is already a done deal.
Yep. i will never believe an interim A.d. will hire the next coach. i think whoever it is has already said yes.i could be wrong,but that's my feeling.

Qbackinman

It has to be someone who is still coaching his team, so can't announce hire just yet, if decision is already pretty much done.

Rayzback

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on November 24, 2017, 08:31:45 pm

Looks like most of the threads in Hogville were addressed...  "Bad way to be fired", "not a win at all cost program", "understands arkansas", "buyout",  "AD search", etc.  No mention of Coke, so a little disappointed :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 08:27:46 pm

She can't say, "Oh, yeah, we've narrowed it down to two coaches. Just waiting to see what happens in the Iron Bowl."

She can't say that we're going to convene a search committee over the weekend and then announce our next coach three days from now.

I thought she did well.

A lot of folks just don't understand this sort of thing has to work.

She did fine in an awkward situation as an interim AD. The safe organizational thing to do would have been to just read the statement and not taken questions.

tbailey

Exactly!  I told my wife as I was watching,  this reminds of being in a meeting at work with the Big Wigs!

Pecos Hog

Tough to be her that last few days.    I thought she did a very good job in the presser.    I'm very upbeat.   I think we're about to get us a great coach.   

greenie

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 24, 2017, 08:39:36 pm
Tough to be her that last few days.    I thought she did a very good job in the presser.    I'm very upbeat.   I think we're about to get us a great coach.

It's laughable that she claims to be involved in anything but keeping the seat warm. Her press conference reminded me of Alexander Haig.  She's either a narcissist or a liar...or we have idiots running the show.

HognitiveDissonance

This is another lesson in why so much of what you read and hear is completely meaningless.
Not saying press conferences are worthless...but it's one level above that.
One always has to read between the lines and infer the truth.
She said all the right things.
Let's assume there is a short list right now(I don't know that for sure). She can't come out and say that, are you crazy?

The point is that public figures can not say what is on their mind. All you hear is 'coachspeak'.
Do you think CBB has some regrets? Of course. How many is he going to admit to publicly, though? It makes him look weak
Do you think a coach is ever going to say publicly that his guys have no chance? Instead, you'll hear coachspeak like 'we gotta get better...we gotta go back to work and correct some things...' rather than 'we're totally outmatched most games' or 'we can't stop anyone'.

The only times I ponder what a coach says is when you sometimes read those anonymous takes by coaches on opponents' teams, like you sometimes read in pre-season magazines. You'll see some candor in those sometimes.

Inhogswetrust

I have no problem with that. I actually expect PR speak in certain situations. It sure as heck beats controversial blabber our a slip of the tongue.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

We will be fine the Pope has spoken!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.