Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 14, 2024, 03:09:51 am

Chromecast

Started by Doebuck, March 04, 2014, 08:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doebuck

I know this not hogville related but thought might get some info..Hooked chromecast up and it will let me cast from a youtube video using cast icon on video but if I cast from a website using cast icon in top right  it will say lost connection in a couple seconds...Has anyone experienced this..Bought it to try and watch the game tomorrow from espn3 will there be a cast icon on the feed or will I have to use the one in upper right corner...
Thanks if any responses

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Doebuck

Never mind did some more research and it is common error...Just have to give it a night to receive updates and update after installing...After a night of sitting worked fine..

superior_wang

id LOVE to find the folks that made chromecast and beat hell out of them with a tire iron. its so damn frustrating.... connected one minute, not the next... crazy. yes, definitely ass kicking worthy.

Breems

I've enjoyed mine. It works fine.

I really wish Google would've released a more flexible SDK so that various app developers could install Chromecast plugins. I'd love to have one for VLC Media Player.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PorkRinds

Quote from: Breems on March 11, 2014, 09:00:29 pm
I've enjoyed mine. It works fine.

I really wish Google would've released a more flexible SDK so that various app developers could install Chromecast plugins. I'd love to have one for VLC Media Player.

I do believe this was just done, so there are some more apps and compatible services on the way.  Or so I've read.