Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Microsoft.NET Framework updates?

Started by swohog, October 17, 2013, 11:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swohog

Okay not the most computer literate here and computer is old but I just got a lot of updates and I am not sure what they are.  The all seem to be related to this Microsoft.NET Framework and I have no clue what that is and if I need these or not.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

OakTreeHawg

Microsoft.NET Framework is a layer between the program and the Windows that allows us programmers to build apps faster.  A properly built app will run fine after the update.  Microsoft.NET Framework is typically installed by a program that needs it and then gets updated by Microsoft Update.

Many people are anti-updates because the updates have broke something in the past.  I am pro-update.  I want the latest fixes (and bugs) Microsoft can give me.

Doug

.NET updates also allow Windows to interact with several programs better, as well as help patch the bridge between minor updates and major updates for Windows.

I would heavily recommend that you install all updates from Microsoft (be it for Windows or Office)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

swohog

Okay thank-you very much appreciate the info and tips from both