Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report to moderator button never works

Started by Science Fiction Greg, September 15, 2013, 08:54:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Science Fiction Greg

Every time I've ever tried to report inappropriate posts it never works.  It just sits there and spins without ever going through.  Am I doing something wrong?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

1873Hawg

"Everytime"??

This would indicate that you have attempted this more than once.

In all my time here I believe I have reported one post to a mod; the post was highly inappropriate and resulted in a ban.

So my first suggestion would be to reconsider what you believe to be "reportable"; you have been a member since 2009 so you should know what is acceptable and what is not.

If you have done this and still believe that something is over the line you can always send a PM to the mod for that forum.
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

Science Fiction Greg

Yes, everytime.  And I am well aware of what constitutes a reportable post, thank you.  I am not looking for alternatives.  I would like to now if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with the feature.  Thank you for the reply, anyway.

Quote from: 1873Hawg on September 15, 2013, 09:05:06 pm
"Everytime"??

This would indicate that you have attempted this more than once.

In all my time here I believe I have reported one post to a mod; the post was highly inappropriate and resulted in a ban.

So my first suggestion would be to reconsider what you believe to be "reportable"; you have been a member since 2009 so you should know what is acceptable and what is not.

If you have done this and still believe that something is over the line you can always send a PM to the mod for that forum.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

1873Hawg

Don't think you can do it wrong...

I just pressed the button on your post (for testing purposes) and almost instantly got this:

QuoteUse this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.
Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

Enter comment: ______________________________________

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 1873Hawg on September 15, 2013, 09:20:54 pm
Don't think you can do it wrong...

I just pressed the button on your post (for testing purposes) and almost instantly got this:

Yes.  From there I entered my comment and hit submit and it never goes through.  It was that way tonight when I attempted to report a post and I can remember it happening every time I've ever tried.  Probably 5 times total since 2009, but that's just a wild guess.