Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri State Official Game Thread

Started by WilsonHog, September 03, 2005, 06:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Foots

Quote from: Hog in MO on September 03, 2005, 06:54:34 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on September 03, 2005, 06:52:54 pm
Holy Cow...I thought I was listening to a commercial with audio from last year and Matt JOnes. I got damn confused on that one! The frickin Buzz came back to the game late and while the run was in progress!!!
same thing here! all i heard was paul say "Jones, down the sideline..." and i thought it was another promo. was'nt till after he scored that i realized.

I got the same thing from KWYN here in Wynne. I'm ready for McFadden too.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: HoopHog on September 03, 2005, 06:52:54 pm
Holy Cow...I thought I was listening to a commercial with audio from last year and Matt JOnes. I got damn confused on that one! The frickin Buzz came back to the game late and while the run was in progress!!!

I think that got us all.

Foots

The Yahoo! Gamechannel still has the score 7-3. Realtime huh.

YodaHog

Foots

LL COOL HOG

WilsonHog

Nice throw by Mortensen wasted, unless instant replay reverses it.

HighOnHogs

I'M EMBARRASSED

I don't know if anybody else is having to listen to SMS's commentators, but they are the worst that I have ever heard.  Complete idiots.

WilsonHog

This is Peyton's first 100 yard game as a Razorback.

WilsonHog

Just made a 39-yard FG attempt a 44-yard attempt, which we miss. Great.

wallyhog

Lots of different names being called making tackles. I think that's a good thing

Le Hogtre

If we were in Athens this week, we would look like Boise St.

OkieHog

FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

wallyhog

Thehammer

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 03, 2005, 06:18:29 pm
grrr

This game is embarrassing.  We're playing a 1aa school and can't pass block, hold on to the football, take a snap cleanly from under center ---  foolish penalties, poor special teams play.  This game should've been 35-0 by now.    We still can't throw the football worth a hoot.  All we can do is run.   Against a team like Mizzou State, that's good enough. 

But you have to keep this thing in perspective:  Springdale would probably play these guys close. 

wallyhog

It's not very encouraging, we'd best make some progress

hogsgrl09

Quote from: Thehammer on September 03, 2005, 07:22:32 pm
grrr

This game is embarrassing. We're playing a 1aa school and can't pass block, hold on to the football, take a snap cleanly from under center --- foolish penalties, poor special teams play. This game should've been 35-0 by now. We still can't throw the football worth a hoot. All we can do is run. Against a team like Mizzou State, that's good enough.

But you have to keep this thing in perspective: Springdale would probably play these guys close.

amen
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

Bomis Hawg

chiefsfan

UGLY  UGLY   UGLY   UGLY :puke:

This game is UGLY.   All except for our RB's ;D
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Thehammer

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 03, 2005, 07:24:24 pm
Quote from: Thehammer on September 03, 2005, 07:22:32 pm
grrr

This game is embarrassing. We're playing a 1aa school and can't pass block, hold on to the football, take a snap cleanly from under center --- foolish penalties, poor special teams play. This game should've been 35-0 by now. We still can't throw the football worth a hoot. All we can do is run. Against a team like Mizzou State, that's good enough.

But you have to keep this thing in perspective: Springdale would probably play these guys close.

amen
Quote from: wallyhog on September 03, 2005, 07:23:29 pm
Quote from: wallyhog on September 03, 2005, 07:23:29 pm

This experiment with Robert Johnson needs to end right now.   He's not a passer.  The one pass that Mortenson threw was right on the money.   Johnson is a turn over just waiting to happen.

WilsonHog

wallyhog

hogsgrl09

"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

WilsonHog

Hog Bounty Hunter

Jones sounds like he is going to be a stud, I am surprised with our performance so far.

MajorHog

how about a score for the latecomers here?

is Mizzou State REALLY A 1-AA school or was that someone being sarcastic?

MajorHog
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

Hog Bounty Hunter

pioneerhog

Well we can run the ball, what else is new. Now all we need to do is learn how to PASS the ball. Give Barthel a shot and let him see what he can do.

Thehammer

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 03, 2005, 07:26:57 pm
UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY :puke:

This game is UGLY. All except for our RB's ;D

It's the same old deal.   We're going to be a one dimensionial offense.  Robert Johnson is a disaster at qb. 

hogsgrl09

wallyhog

Well until we face a real defense our run offense will look studly. No balance, they'll put eight in the box and beg us to pass.   Can't tell much from this team we are playing.  Hope we get lots of points so lots of kids can get some PT

pioneerhog

28-3 in favor of Ark. I really think Jones is going to be a very good back.

Hog Bounty Hunter

WilsonHog

Quote from: MajorHog on September 03, 2005, 07:29:53 pm
how about a score for the latecomers here?

is Mizzou State REALLY A 1-AA school or was that someone being sarcastic?

MajorHog

Arkansas 28, Missouri State 3 at halftime.

Yeah, they're D-IAA.

wallyhog

So what do you figure our total yardage will be for the game? 500?

Bomis Hawg

This is not a horrible showing.  Ugly at times, yes.  Arkansas is up 28-3 at the break.

It could be worse.  Miss State is up 17-6 at Halftime to Murray State.  Cal was up 10-3 at halftime, but won 41-3.

Felix Jones and Hillis are looking great.  RoJo has been decent.  Monk fumbled one play that should've resulted in points.  And, a missed FG.  Not bad thus far, in my view.

Second half needs to be all points and shut them out.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 03, 2005, 07:32:14 pm
If you can run then why pass?

Because eventually teams much more talented defensively than Missouri State will put eight men in the box and dare us to pass. 

wallyhog

wallyhog

It's pretty obvious we can run all over these chumps.  I'd say getting some of the youngsters some PT is a top priorty.  They say on the radio that Johnson has settled down.  Be interesting to see what he does in the 2nd half.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 03, 2005, 07:33:40 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 03, 2005, 07:32:14 pm
If you can run then why pass?

Because eventually teams much more talented defensively than Missouri State will put eight men in the box and dare us to pass.

Well then we will pass, but I would rather put this game away first. 

WilsonHog

September 03, 2005, 07:37:03 pm #91 Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 07:47:54 pm by WilsonHog
Johnson is 9-14 passing for 56 yards, one TD and one INT.  Mortensen is 1-2 for 25 yards.

Jones has 3 carries for 117 and Hillis has 8 carries for 110.

Monk has five catches for 55 yards and one TD.

First Downs: Arkansas 15, Missouri State 8

Total Yards: Arkansas 323, Missouri State 160

Yards Rushing: Arkansas 242 (on 20 attempts), Missouri State 70 (on 19 attempts)

Yards Passing: Arkansas 81 (10 of 16), Missouri State 90 (8 of 16)

Penalties: Arkansas 4 for 25, Missouri State 3 for 25

We've fumbled four times and lost two, plus one interception.  Missouri State has fumbled three times and lost all three, plus one interception.

pioneerhog

I wonder what Herring is saying right about now. It probably wouldn't be a good place for a little kid to be right now.

wallyhog

Can't be really happy with the start of the game for sure.  These guys should not be able to move a bit on us. That's discouraging.

Lanny

First game jitters however the passing attack is pitiful.  Did anyone watch Mustain earlier today?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ThisTeetsTaken

can I change my prediction for this season's record?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bomis Hawg

Only two passes for Mort, 1/2.

7 tackles for Vaughn.  6 for Sammy O.  6 for Weston Dacus, also.

wallyhog

Hey it could be a lot worse, we could be Bama! Just barely ahead of Middle Tenn. St. 9-7 @ the half

hogsgrl09

Quote from: wallyhog on September 03, 2005, 07:45:03 pm
Hey it could be a lot worse, we could be Bama! Just barely ahead of Middle Tenn. St. 9-7 @ the half
how bout bein the sooners!?

Hog in MO

Quote from: hogsrus5 on September 03, 2005, 07:11:17 pm
I don't know if anybody else is having to listen to SMS's commentators, but they are the worst that I have ever heard. Complete idiots.
tell me about it. the play by play guy has a talk show here during drive-time. No personality whatsoever, even less sports knowledge.