Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri State Official Game Thread

Started by WilsonHog, September 03, 2005, 06:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

5 turnovers.If we don't improve quick Vandy will beat us.

HighOnHogs

hogsgrl09

Quote from: Thehammer on September 03, 2005, 08:26:36 pm
Quote from: RedRazor on September 03, 2005, 08:20:31 pm
This might be the beginning of the end for HDN

Nope. Nutt's boss addressed the LR TD club Monday and said he's behind Nutt regardless of this team's record. He further stated that Nutt is the right man for the job at UA.

unfortunately
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

LL COOL HOG

HEY GUYS ITS ONLY ONE GAME WITH A ROOKIE QB AND REVAMPED D.   ARE U SURE THAT U ARE FANS......BUCK UP AND SUPPORT THIS PIG.....YES THEY CAN BE BETTER.....DANG GUYS LETS SEE WHAT THE FINAL SCORE IS BEFORE WE CONDEM THE WHOLE TEAM

ThisTeetsTaken

now we're running the ball to play keep away from a 1-aa team.  I'm ashamed!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hogsgrl09

lol. its ok. we r hogs fans. and gettin mad bc we know that they can do better than this.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

Bomis Hawg

No more scared of the Vandy game than prior to the game.  Had this been the defense of last year (But without MJ on offense), the team might've been crushed.

WilsonHog

Quote from: bigrod155 on September 03, 2005, 08:28:53 pm
HEY GUYS ITS ONLY ONE GAME WITH A ROOKIE QB AND REVAMPED D. ARE U SURE THAT U ARE FANS......BUCK UP AND SUPPORT THIS PIG.....YES THEY CAN BE BETTER.....DANG GUYS LETS SEE WHAT THE FINAL SCORE IS BEFORE WE CONDEM THE WHOLE TEAM

If we were playing a D-I team, I might share your view.

We're not, so I don't.

wallyhog

I'm not sure we'll score again tonight but boy  I hope I'm wrong.

Thehammer

Quote from: RedRazor on September 03, 2005, 08:28:06 pm
Guys these turnovers reflect discipline from our coaching staff...way to many mistakes and turnovers

Yep.   We are awful in the passing game.  Our defense seems out of position at times. I expected our defense to be less than stellar, but I thought we could run the ball effectively enough that our P/A passes would be wide open.  Our kicking game is still awful.  We can't hang on to the ball.   RJ is a disaster for a qb. 

Is everybody happy?

wallyhog

As long as we are winning, regardless the opponent, I'm reasonably happy yes.

wallyhog

Would somebody get Paul some "eyes", our broadcasters, and that's a stretch, are pitiful.

HighOnHogs

Razorback Jedi

LL COOL HOG

I'M JUST LOOKING FOR A WIN.   ANY SPECULATION ON WHY ALEX MORT. APPEARANCE WAS SO SHORT

hogsgrl09

LL COOL HOG

hogsgrl09

hogsgrl09

LL COOL HOG

OkieHog

FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

Thehammer

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 03, 2005, 08:38:40 pm
this is a great game. We're awesome!

Yes indeed.  This may be the best Razorback team ever.   Let's just not play on a wet field anymore. 

hogsgrl09

Quote from: RedRazor on September 03, 2005, 08:40:22 pm
Touchdown Arkansas-Paul Eels....wait he stepped out of bounds...wow Paul

woo settle down...he didnt know....they called it after he went in. lol

Bomis Hawg

Other than the turnovers and the one long TD run, it has not been as terrible as been said.  But, I guess thats your opinion.

wallyhog

The whole package is pretty pitiful, that last report by Quinn was just pathetic. Are the required to be aplogist and rah rah's?

OkieHog

FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

WilsonHog

I love the production from our running game, but our passing game will have to improve significantly when we start playing Division I-A schools.

Whataboar™

September 03, 2005, 08:45:37 pm #177 Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 08:47:52 pm by Whataboar™
Quote from: RedRazor on September 03, 2005, 08:38:13 pm
I love Paul but boy he has really got to work on some of his calling and I thought I would never say that to the voice of the razorbacks. But when he says he is "all the way down to the whatever yard line" and he is only gone two more yards...that is aggravating
At this point, I accept Paul for what he is _ an aging play-by-play legend, whose mere presence still stirs emotion in me with every call.
He's obviously past his prime, but I don't care. It's Saturday. It's Hog football and Paul's in the booth.
All is well in my book.

"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

Bomis Hawg

Howard nearly going for 7 a pop, 7/47.

Hillis and Felix Jones: combined for 21 for 270 and 2 TD!

hogsgrl09

Quote from: Whataboar™ on September 03, 2005, 08:45:37 pm
I love Paul but boy he has really got to work on some of his calling and I thought I would never say that to the voice of the razorbacks. But when he says he is "all the way down to the whatever yard line" and he is only gone two more yards...that is aggravating
At this point, I accept Paul for what he is _ an aging play-by-play legend, whose mere presence still stirs emotion for me with every call.
He's obviously past his prime, but I don't care. It's Saturday. It's Hog football and Paul's in the booth.
All is well in my book.

i luv paul....nothing is wrong with him i think....its not quite rzrbk football without listenin 2 him.
yeah he may say things like that but hes just gettin excited....which is what we (as hog fans) should all b like. yeah...i understand ur not watchin it and u have 2 listen 2 him on the radio...but if u dont like they way he reports...go listen 2 someone else.

Hog Bounty Hunter

3 guys over a 100? When has that ever happened?

wallyhog

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 03, 2005, 08:47:44 pm
At this point, I accept Paul for what he is _ an aging play-by-play legend, whose mere presence still stirs emotion for me with every call.
All is well in my book.

i luv paul....nothing is wrong with him i think....its not quite rzrbk football without listenin 2 him.
yeah he may say things like that but hes just gettin excited....which is what we (as hog fans) should all b like. yeah...i understand ur not watchin it and u have 2 listen 2 him on the radio...but if u dont like they way he reports...go listen 2 someone else.
He's just hard to keep up with, they must have crappy spotters. Not like you have a lot of choices of who to listen to ya know?

hogsgrl09

BigPapaHawg

Yep sounds like Howard is looking good, but another Peyton Hills TOUCHDOWN!
WOO PIG

hogsgrl09

Quote from: wallyhog on September 03, 2005, 08:50:40 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 03, 2005, 08:47:44 pm
All is well in my book.

He's just hard to keep up with, they must have crappy spotters. Not like you have a lot of choices of who to listen to ya know?

lol. yeah thats tru.

wallyhog

I wonder how many players we've used on both sides of the ball?

Bomis Hawg

Peyton Hillis   14   136   9.4   3
Felix Jones   8   138   17.3   1
Darren McFadden   4   14   3.5   0
De'Arrius Howard   10   118   11.8   0

Not a bad group tonight.

Whataboar™

"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

wallyhog

Well you can tell he loves Hog football and he do get excited! At this point it's a comfortable win, just wish we hadn't given up so many points. We'll have to work on that and we need a passing game that will keep other teams honest in the way the defense us.

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

Bomis Hawg

Dedrick Poole   3   14   4.7   0 receiving with 1 rush for 4 yards.

Whataboar™

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 03, 2005, 08:52:57 pm
Peyton Hillis   14   136   9.4   3
Felix Jones   8   138   17.3   1
Darren McFadden   4   14   3.5   0
De'Arrius Howard   10   118   11.8   0

Not a bad group tonight.

The running game is looking pretty damn good!
WOO PIG

Bomis Hawg

I thought Arkansas had three 100 yard rushers against Ole Miss in 7 OT?  Guess they mean in regulation.

hogbalz

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

wallyhog

Lanny

Great day for College football when Zero U loses at home.  Arkansas needs to find a qb this year that can make a pass over 20 yards.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bomis Hawg

2001 v. Ole Miss: Talley 114; Jones 110; Cobbs 100.

Guess that the LSU game was the last regulation one.

Thehammer

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 03, 2005, 08:45:23 pm
I love the production from our running game, but our passing game will have to improve significantly when we start playing Division I-A schools.

You should run the ball against teams like Mizzou State.  Have three players who've rushed for 100 + yards tonight.  We know one thing --  we can run the ball.  We already knew that. 

The difference (we were led to believe) is that we would see a more stuctured offense using timing pass patterns and throwing the ball all over the place to keep teams from ganging 8 men in the box. 

Really disappointing night.

wallyhog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 03, 2005, 08:58:40 pm
2001 v. Ole Miss: Talley 114; Jones 110; Cobbs 100.

Guess that the LSU game was the last regulation one.
Pretty quick to the record book, quite impressive