Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S'dale-Evangel on now....

Started by WindyCityHog, September 03, 2005, 02:01:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

Let's see what the Bulldogs are made of...

WindyCityHog

Springdale won the toss, and rather than defer, took the kickoff.

Drivng down the field...on Evangel's 24.

WindyCityHog

Damian Williams scores on run from 24 yards out.......7-0 S'dale.  10 plays, 65 yards...

bigred7987

WindyCityHog

Talk about funky formations.....Evangel :o

Lando Calrissian

Evangel is screwed if they plan on running that trick-play crap the entire game.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Hog in MO

I'm no football official, but how are these whacked-out formations Evangel is running legal? they're putting the entire o-line on one side of the center.

Hog in MO

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 03, 2005, 02:23:43 pm
Evangel is screwed if they plan on running that trick-play crap the entire game.
pretty effective so far - but u gotta have some substance to go with it...

hogbalz

Mustain and Norman gonna be a hell of a combo.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Lando Calrissian

We just need to get D Williams to change his mind and we'll be set.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

WindyCityHog

No kidding.....

Is S'dale this good?  ...or is Evangel not that good?

Damian Williams is something else...

Skip Foreplay

I'm an FHS grad bleed purple,  And I'm rooting for Chickendale. I need help.

WindyCityHog

You DO need help....I'm a SHS grad....and during Ronnie Brewer's senior year, I went to a FHS game to see him.....I think the feeling is similar.

Boarcephus

This is the first time I've seen Mustain play and he's look as good as advertised to me.   6/8 for 114 the first quarter.    He ran a little option and it's safe to say he's no Matt Jones on the option but in all fairness, the only way Matt throws the ball as well as Mustain does is in his dreams.

One of the more impressive players on the field is Damien Williams.  Hope he changes his mind and heads to the hill. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

WindyCityHog

Springdale's offense gets all the pub.....but their D ain't half bad either.....They're shutting down a funkified, gimmick offense.

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: WindyCityHog on September 03, 2005, 02:49:44 pm
You DO need help....I'm a SHS grad....and during Ronnie Brewer's senior year, I went to a FHS game to see him.....I think the feeling is similar.
Okay what year did you graduate?

Lando Calrissian

Evangel is a notoriously good team, Springdale is just that much better.

Evangel has got some monsters on that defense too, and Springdale is making it look really, really easy.

Oh, Springdale '98 here.

hawkeyefan17

This is the first time I have seen Mustain and he looks very poised. It is no hype.

I have a couple questions though...

That offense that Evangel Christian runs looks interesting, what do they call it?

Does Ben Cleveland play defense? I thought I heard the announcers call his name while Evangle Christian was on offense.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: hawkeyefan17Does Ben Cleveland play defense?

I think so.

A lot of those guys play both ways.

PorcineSublime

21-0 at the half. Springdale could be up more, had a couple of miscues. Kind of like Siloams game last night. Hard to gauge how good one team is when the other is not good.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: RedRazor on September 03, 2005, 03:23:20 pm
Evangel is a good team...anyone can see that. :razorback:

Regionally, they're higher ranked than Springdale if I'm not mistaken.

Although it's quite obvious which team is better now.

hogbalz

#4 for Sdale looking real good with 2 int.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

WilsonHog

Which teams are interested in Matt Clinkscales?  That kid runs the football HARD.  Looks like just a good, hard-nosed football player.