Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by hogbalz, September 03, 2005, 09:14:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbalz

Anyone know why the game is not on Yahoo sports and also is 103 the only other way to here the game online?
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

arkhogdog61

ARSN   bottom of the page
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

hogbalz

Thanks. I went and you can listen to this game free then you start to have to pay. Membership is 75.00 a year. What is this world coming to when you have to pay that for listening to a football game.O well
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

RzrbckMAJ

I usually don't complain a whole lot but what the hell is this crap about having to pay $75 to listen to the football games online.  Every other SEC team offers their broadcasts for FREE on yahoo sports.  I am in Iraq and the internet is the only way I have to listen to the games and i'll be darned if I pay $75 for it.  This sucks. 
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
-- General George S. Patton, Jr

Ben Steiger

What? Arkansas football is NOT on Yahoo! for free?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

RzrbckMAJ

I stand corrected.  Looks like yahoo is charging this year too.  Oh well, guess i'll just have to rely on Hogwired to get the highlights after the games.  If you're in Fayetteville today, call the Hogs one time for me and if your ever in Iraq you'll know my HWMMV cause it's the one with the Razorback magnet on it.  GHG!!!!
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
-- General George S. Patton, Jr

hogbalz

RZRBCKLT my understanding is you can listen to the first game free then you have to pay. I think it sucks to. I have sirius but of course the razorbacks are the only team left in the sec still not signed. Tough keeping up with the hogs here in South Carolina with no tv games and now this.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

Lando Calrissian

Is the game not carried on 1380 The Ticket?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

101st Hogborne

RzrbckLT, The announcement yesterday on ARSN stated that Military serving overseas will be able to listen free. So you should be good.
Good Luck, Go Hogs and Air Assault!! 

GorillaJMonsoon

Im glad to hear that its free for the folks in the military, that seems like a no brainer. 

hogbalz

I agree and hope that's correct as well as it should be free for them.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

hognelson

Quote from: hogbalz on September 03, 2005, 10:55:37 am
RZRBCKLT my understanding is you can listen to the first game free then you have to pay. I think it sucks to. I have sirius but of course the razorbacks are the only team left in the sec still not signed. Tough keeping up with the hogs here in South Carolina with no tv games and now this.

Hey, are we the only one not signed with sirius?  Did Georgia recently sign?  I too live out of state and have sirius, would be nice to have an outlet to listen to hog announcers.  GHG!!

hogbalz

You are right Georgia is still not signed.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

Hog in MO

Can u not go to the 103.7 (the Buzz in LR) site and listen for free? or are they blacking that out like they do MLB games? I used to listen to the Cubs on the WGN radio web site, now the games are blacked out since MLB started charging a fee for all online broadcasts.

hogbalz

My understanding is that it will be blacked out over the internet unless you pay. Might have something to do with the new  web sight Hogwired {Direct Web Sports} will be using.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

Hog in MO

Quote from: hogbalz on September 03, 2005, 01:20:13 pm
My understanding is that it will be blacked out over the internet unless you pay. Might have something to do with the new web sight Hogwired {Direct Web Sports} will be using.
what a crock - I live 2 hrs from Fay but can't listen to the games without paying. 107.9 out of Fay halfway comes in when the wind blows the right direction.  Just another example of how teams across the board are cutting off the the lower income fans.  Your love and support of a team does'nt matter unless u throw some $$$ in with it. 

Foots

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I don't have a radio in my house so I would listen online. Now I have to pay 75 dollars? With gas prices going up, which will make everything else go up, this is the last thing we need. I'm sure the University could come up with enough sponsers to pay for this.

Ben Steiger

This sucks.

Dumb folks.

This stinks, it really does.

At least our finest get to listen to it free, which is the way it should be, but that's not too much of a consolation prize for us "regular" folks.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Hog in MO

SID's office will play the "cost card" on this one but it won't fly.  Whatever the cost of streaming games is it can be (and probably currently IS) covered by advertising revenue.  Just another way to fleece the fans.  I gave up on complaining about outrageous concession & merchandise prices - I can get around that - but this is completely out of line.  I can go without a coke or a t-shirt if i choose, but they are cutting me and countless other far-flung fans off from the team with this one.  How is this helping to create and sustain a fan base? I'm just lucky ( I suppose) that I'm close enough to attend 1 or 2 games a year.  But this almost chaps me enough to want to give that up in protest.

Hog6

Quote from: Hog in MO on September 03, 2005, 04:25:08 pm
SID's office will play the "cost card" on this one but it won't fly. Whatever the cost of streaming games is it can be (and probably currently IS) covered by advertising revenue. Just another way to fleece the fans. I gave up on complaining about outrageous concession & merchandise prices - I can get around that - but this is completely out of line. I can go without a coke or a t-shirt if i choose, but they are cutting me and countless other far-flung fans off from the team with this one. How is this helping to create and sustain a fan base? I'm just lucky ( I suppose) that I'm close enough to attend 1 or 2 games a year. But this almost chaps me enough to want to give that up in protest.

I'm trying to incite everyone to emial the SID office and complain.  Who knows, if they get enough folks to complain maybe.... I have ESPN Gameplan but even then there are a few games that I have to resort to the Yahoo solution... or used to be solution.