Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football News ASK CFN includes a question on the Hogs

Started by Nutt_Hate_Me, September 02, 2005, 02:40:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutt_Hate_Me

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Ask_CFN/Ask_CFN.htm

"As an Arkansas Razorback football fan, it seems as if every year I think to myself, "we are going to be good next year", but it never pans out.  Of course I have no great expectations this year but probably more than most.  In your opinion, do you feel that Arkansas can ever become a national title contender?  I understand that Arkansas might not sound like a desirable place for a recruit to come, but hey, Fayetteville is a lot more fun than Norman and they seem to do alright. – JB

A: Without giving away any names for fear of angry e-mails, you can find a lot of college towns that aren't exactly San Diego that have great football teams. Arkansas always seems to be just this close under Houston Nutt, but it doesn't seem to get the three-to-five killer, top notch superstar recruits to take the program to another level. It would be nice if the team had one thing it did really, really well to hang its hat on. Arkansas can always run the ball, but so can just about everyone else in the SEC. How many more years will Nutt get to have his big magical season? I always get the sense that Hog fans are a bit grumbly and many are ready for a change to try to get from point B to C.
It's great to be home.

OklaU

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on September 02, 2005, 02:40:03 pm
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Ask_CFN/Ask_CFN.htm

"As an Arkansas Razorback football fan, it seems as if every year I think to myself, "we are going to be good next year", but it never pans out. Of course I have no great expectations this year but probably more than most. In your opinion, do you feel that Arkansas can ever become a national title contender? I understand that Arkansas might not sound like a desirable place for a recruit to come, but hey, Fayetteville is a lot more fun than Norman and they seem to do alright. – JB

A: Without giving away any names for fear of angry e-mails, you can find a lot of college towns that aren't exactly San Diego that have great football teams. Arkansas always seems to be just this close under Houston Nutt, but it doesn't seem to get the three-to-five killer, top notch superstar recruits to take the program to another level. It would be nice if the team had one thing it did really, really well to hang its hat on. Arkansas can always run the ball, but so can just about everyone else in the SEC. How many more years will Nutt get to have his big magical season? I always get the sense that Hog fans are a bit grumbly and many are ready for a change to try to get from point B to C.

Norman may not be "fun", but Fayetteville isn't "more fun".  Aside from that, Norman is a sub of OKC which has quite a bit of stuff to do.

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

3kgthog

All college athletes need to have fun is some clubs, some dumb sorority girls, and booze.  Obviously Fayetteville has quite enough of all three.  Another reason to wonder why our recruiting has sucked. 

Porquemada