Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance for the game...

Started by kingguter, September 02, 2005, 10:54:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingguter

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold or how many people are expected to be there?

Biggus Piggus

I bet you attendance takes a significant hit due to the post-hurricane disruption and spike in gasoline prices.  Plus fears of gasoline shortages.
[CENSORED]!

Inigo Montoya

Silly question here, what do you think the chances are of getting a free ticket into the game Saturday if you wait around the gates till the last minute? 

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Tomcat on September 02, 2005, 11:17:09 am
hmmm, what is the name of that fancy lighter? hmmmm..... oh yeah, it's ZIPPO!!! LOL

yeah yeah ...  I want to see the game I really do.  Do I want to pay $35 to see us beat Missouri.  Nope. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on September 02, 2005, 11:15:33 am
Silly question here, what do you think the chances are of getting a free ticket into the game Saturday if you wait around the gates till the last minute?

I got 2 last year on the shuttle riding up from the parking lot.  Lower section west side gola line.  Not great seats, but they were free. 

I dont expect freebies tomorrow night, but i dont expect to pay $35 each either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GorillaJMonsoon

I usually watch for someone thats holding up a couple tickets and I get a running start behind them and snag them as I run by.  I usually pick someone old or who has obviously been drinking to increase my chances of getting away cleanly.  Once I get far enough away, I sell them to someone else and then buy two more later.  That way I don't get caught sitting in the stolen seats.  I leave that to the people I sold them to.  Of course I am joking but I think it would work, or maybe I would get tackled and beaten by a mob of good folks who witnessed the theft, who knows.  I am just bored at work and am brainstorming ways for you to get into the game.  Please don't try this because I would feel terrible if I read about it in the paper, unless you were tackled and beaten by a mob of good folks...

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 02, 2005, 01:57:39 pm
I usually watch for someone thats holding up a couple tickets and I get a running start behind them and snag them as I run by. I usually pick someone old or who has obviously been drinking to increase my chances of getting away cleanly. Once I get far enough away, I sell them to someone else and then buy two more later. That way I don't get caught sitting in the stolen seats. I leave that to the people I sold them to. Of course I am joking but I think it would work, or maybe I would get tackled and beaten by a mob of good folks who witnessed the theft, who knows. I am just bored at work and am brainstorming ways for you to get into the game. Please don't try this because I would feel terrible if I read about it in the paper, unless you were tackled and beaten by a mob of good folks...

Will keep that in mind  :D

HogDodging

Quote from: jacob on September 02, 2005, 11:01:18 am
Dudley Dawson said (a couple of days ago on sports wrap) the Athletic Dept was expecting around 70,000 judging by the ticket sales.

Dudley, aka Wally Jr., is nuts.  If 55,000 show up I'll be surprised.  It's the last three day weekend of the summer, the team we're playing is a D-1AA school, and gas prices are through the roof.  I don't see 70,000 coming for the game.
And, yes, I'll be there.

DarkHelmet

Quote from: jacob on September 02, 2005, 11:01:18 am
Dudley Dawson said (a couple of days ago on sports wrap) the Athletic Dept was expecting around 70,000 judging by the ticket sales.
it will not even be close to 70000 i bet..

even without the hurricane. 

but i will be there, with my beads on :)

idochog

I'll be there, Im actually bringing myself and 3 others.
I love Jesus!

Since 1894

Is anyone NOT coming up who planned on it because of the gas prices???  I keep hearing that as an excuse but so far, I have seen anyone admit that it is the reason for their NO SHOW.

For me and my house, tailgating starts shortly after noon and WE WILL BE THERE.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Mike_P

Quote from: Since 1894 on September 02, 2005, 04:45:45 pm
Is anyone NOT coming up who planned on it because of the gas prices??? I keep hearing that as an excuse but so far, I have seen anyone admit that it is the reason for their NO SHOW.

For me and my house, tailgating starts shortly after noon and WE WILL BE THERE.

I'm one who's not coming who might have come if not for the gas prices. I have one son who has a football scrimmage early Saturday and I can umpire a few baseball games and make apprx $100. I thought about missing the scrimmage and passing on the umpiring to drive up with my older son but I figure with the gas prices someone's trying to tell me something. And Saturday is my birthday too!

sowmonella

Is there a better way to celebrate a birthday than too watch the Hogs kick some arse? The gas issue is minor. At a buck more per gallon, a 400 mile round trip will only cost you about $16. This is based on 25 MPG. Come up the hill and celebrate. I expect about 70,000. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

mikeirwin

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 02, 2005, 03:06:58 pm
Who really knows, sum1 will just look around and say............blah blah blah thousand?! That will be about it.... Just ask Mike I. He'll tell you the same thing! I say it is about 64,838..... sure they counted the last 38?
That's exactly how it will happen. Kevin Trainor will ask a few people in the press box who don't know. Then he will average it out from people who don't know. The "official" attendence will always be high. They'll call it 70 thousand whether it's close to that or not.
Remember the spring game that was seen by 11 thousand (24 thousand if you're Rick Schaeffer) ? There might have been 11 thousand within a 10 block radius of the stadium but no way were 11 thousand people watching that scrimmage.

pork-e-pine

I considered coming but am not mostly because of gas.  I am a grad student in dallas with a long weekend and considered making a trip to the hill but the 100 on gas puts to much of a dent in the budget.
Not complaining but you asked.
Love the hogs will be listening on the net. Free for the last time.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 02, 2005, 06:42:40 pm
I considered coming but am not mostly because of gas. I am a grad student in dallas with a long weekend and considered making a trip to the hill but the 100 on gas puts to much of a dent in the budget.
Not complaining but you asked.
Love the hogs will be listening on the net. Free for the last time.

Ride with ImHogginIt. 

I actually considered driving my Accord to save some on gas prices, but I don't think I can get all of the crap for tailgating in it.  It will probably be me, my daughter, and all of my crap in my beautiful crew cab Ford Super-Duty.  I just figured out the difference in gas mileage and it will cost me approx. $20 more for the extra diesel versus the gas saving Honda.  As much money as I have tied up in tickets and all the extras of being a good Hog fan that $20 more doesn't seem that bad.  At least I won't have to pay for Hotel or restaurant.

pork-e-pine

I am still planning on taking the trip I planned to the hill.  If it is just 20 I can deal with it.  But I was just started thinking about going yesterday. This is where the gas prices effect attendance.  It is one thing to just up and go if you can do it for around 100.  It is another thing altogether if it is like 200.  But I am just a student.  maybe when i get out and have a real job things will look different.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: kingguter on September 02, 2005, 10:54:41 am
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold or how many people are expected to be there?

There are a lot of folks already here at Road Hog Park. I had thought that with the high fuel prices and the opponent being Missouri State that the attendance might fall off.  There are a few vacant spots, but the Park is actually quite full.  If the response here at Road Hog Park is any indication, don't be surprised if the attendance isn't around 70K.

Oklahawg

That 70K can count band, vendors, people doing traffic, etc. Anyone at the game in one capacity or another. It also includes tickets sold, but not used, if they choose to.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra