Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday would have been my first game at RRS

Started by Sbrokeski, September 01, 2005, 02:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbrokeski

Been gearing up for the College Football season in my new home of Fayetteville.  Also at the same time learning more about Hog athletics.  Some good friends offered my wife and I their season tickets for the Mizzou St. game.  I was excited unitl I learned the game started at 6 p.m. therefore impossing serious conflict with watching my Aggies at 7 p.m. against Clemson on ABC.  So looks like I'll have to wait at least another weak before my first RRS Gameday.  The Ags are off next week so the chances are good I'll try to make it to the Vandy game.

HighOnHogs

September 01, 2005, 06:36:36 am #1 Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:39:25 am by HighOnHogs
I think A&M will have a really good team this year.  I hope they beat the pads off Texas.  It will probably be a Longhorn or Aggie year this year.  I'm predicted the Aggies to win the conference.

I miss being able to watch the hogs beat Texas teams.

If you want to learn more about hog football try this book that is on sale right now.  I have it and am enjoying the hell out of it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743280520/qid=1125574691/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9594209-7791154?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Biggus Piggus

Any self-respecting human would tape the Texas A&M game and attend the Arkansas game.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 01, 2005, 07:46:35 am
Any self-respecting human would tape the Texas A&M game and attend the Arkansas game.

He is a Texas A&M fan.  Any fan of Texas schools are not human.

arkhogball

Quote from: Sbrokeski on September 01, 2005, 02:40:19 am
Been gearing up for the College Football season in my new home of Fayetteville. Also at the same time learning more about Hog athletics. Some good friends offered my wife and I their season tickets for the Mizzou St. game. I was excited unitl I learned the game started at 6 p.m. therefore impossing serious conflict with watching my Aggies at 7 p.m. against Clemson on ABC. So looks like I'll have to wait at least another weak before my first RRS Gameday. The Ags are off next week so the chances are good I'll try to make it to the Vandy game.

Go buy you a Tivo!

bigt54

Quote from: HighOnHogs on September 01, 2005, 06:36:36 am
I think A&M will have a really good team this year.  I hope they beat the pads off Texas.  It will probably be a Longhorn or Aggie year this year.  I'm predicted the Aggies to win the conference.

I miss being able to watch the hogs beat Texas teams.

If you want to learn more about hog football try this book that is on sale right now. I have it and am enjoying the hell out of it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743280520/qid=1125574691/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9594209-7791154?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I saw the book at Kroger yesterday and I believe it was a little cheaper, new anyway.  Looks like a good read.
"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

HogInMemphis

Been gearing up for the College Football season in my new home of Fayetteville.  Also at the same time learning more about Hog athletics.  Some good friends offered my wife and I their season tickets for the Mizzou St. game.  I was excited unitl I learned the game started at 6 p.m. therefore impossing serious conflict with watching my Aggies at 7 p.m. against Clemson on ABC.  So looks like I'll have to wait at least another weak before my first RRS Gameday.  The Ags are off next week so the chances are good I'll try to make it to the Vandy game.

Who cares? Go post that on an Aggie board.

McKdaddy

Been gearing up for the College Football season in my new home of Fayetteville. Also at the same time learning more about Hog athletics. Some good friends offered my wife and I their season tickets for the Mizzou St. game. I was excited unitl I learned the game started at 6 p.m. therefore impossing serious conflict with watching my Aggies at 7 p.m. against Clemson on ABC. So looks like I'll have to wait at least another weak before my first RRS Gameday. The Ags are off next week so the chances are good I'll try to make it to the Vandy game.
My Ag wife will be Tivo'ing it for our viewing pleasure on Sunday as she will be at the game--of course, she has no choice in the matter.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PigMan

He'll be okay.  He just has not been infected, but he will.

HighOnHogs

PigMan

And, then there is another really bad one that has not cure. SWINETHERIA!!!

GorillaJMonsoon

I care.  He wanted to come see the game which is more than can be said for you. Its sad that an Aggie was more excited to see the hogs play than a razorback "fan".

HogInMemphis

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 01, 2005, 10:42:16 am
I care.  He wanted to come see the game which is more than can be said for you. Its sad that an Aggie was more excited to see the hogs play than a razorback "fan".

I'd be at the game if I lived in Fayetteville, you rube. He lives there and instead is staying home to watch the Aggies on TV...and he posts that fact on a Hog board. Screw him and screw you and your horse.

hogsanity

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 01, 2005, 11:10:10 am
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 01, 2005, 10:42:16 am

I'd be at the game if I lived in Fayetteville, you rube. He lives there and instead is staying home to watch the Aggies on TV...and he posts that fact on a Hog board. Screw him and screw you and your horse.

What did the horse do to deserve THAT
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dotnet

Okay, so this is dumb.  I attend A&M and Saturday is an important game.  But if I was anywhere close to RRS I would tape the game, close my ears when they announce scores, and then go home and watch the A&M game.  I taped the LSU game two years ago when I went to the A&M/Texas game.  It actually is even better because you can fast forward through the commercials.  To sit at home instead of going to any big time college football game is just dumb.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: hogsanity on September 01, 2005, 11:14:53 amWhat did the horse do to deserve THAT

With the gas prices today, we need the horses.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: dotnet on September 01, 2005, 11:16:49 am
Okay, so this is dumb.  I attend A&M and Saturday is an important game.  But if I was anywhere close to RRS I would tape the game, close my ears when they announce scores, and then go home and watch the A&M game.  I taped the LSU game two years ago when I went to the A&M/Texas game.  It actually is even better because you can fast forward through the commercials.  To sit at home instead of going to any big time college football game is just dumb.

I agree it's dumb to be in Fayetteville and stay away from the game to be able to watch another on TV. But several here don't think so and they call themselves Hog fans. Maybe they are, but they obviously are not TRUE HOG FANS.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 01, 2005, 11:38:17 amI agree it's dumb to be in Fayetteville and stay away from the game to be able to watch another on TV. But several here don't think so and they call themselves Hog fans. Maybe they are, but they obviously are not TRUE HOG FANS.

We are talking about  Ark/SW Missouri St.  or Texas A&M/Clemson.   I'm sure the later will be a better and more competitive game.  I'd probably still go to the Arkansas game but I understand why an A&M fan would rather watch his game in real time.  Some of you look for the most insane things to point out a negative in someone. Get a life.

GorillaJMonsoon

HogInMemphis,

You said: "I'd be at the game if I lived in Fayetteville, you rube. He lives there and instead is staying home to watch the Aggies on TV...and he posts that fact on a Hog board. Screw him and screw you and your horse."

You seem to be contradicting your earlier statement that:

"I won't even turn the radio on for the SEMO game and if you flew me in a private jet from Memphis to Fayetteville for it, I'd decline."

Like I said, the Aggie seems to want to go to the Razorback game more than you do.

HaWg 10

Well i for one will be at the razorback game and will not be watching any team from texas
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Ben Steiger

Aggies are certainly much more likeable than Shorthorns.

I'd rather be an Aggie than a Shorthorn, I'd tell you that much.

Hey, he's comin' next week! Better than nothin'! Wouldn't we all too, if given the choice between Arkansas and A&M, chose our Hogs, unless it was a wimpy team, if then? Can't blame the man - he is being loyal!

Gig 'em! I root for the Aggies in the Big 12 primarly. Dad went there for two years, and we visited the campus in December. Other than being chased away from practice by some rude fellow, it was a wonderful visit. So warm, too!

Go Hogs, and Go Aggies!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

GorillaJMonsoon

The same thing could be said for your "nickname" ;)

Ben Steiger

Err. My nickname? The joke eludes me, I am afraid.

HogHeathen

HogInMemphis

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 01, 2005, 12:11:43 pm
HogInMemphis,

You said: "I'd be at the game if I lived in Fayetteville, you rube. He lives there and instead is staying home to watch the Aggies on TV...and he posts that fact on a Hog board. Screw him and screw you and your horse."

You seem to be contradicting your earlier statement that:

"I won't even turn the radio on for the SEMO game and if you flew me in a private jet from Memphis to Fayetteville for it, I'd decline."

Like I said, the Aggie seems to want to go to the Razorback game more than you do.
That is two different scenarios. I'd have to drive to the airport to be flown there and then drive to the game and back from the airport. If I lived there, it'd be a no brainer to attend the game. Sorry your reading comprehension is below standard. Do you have your GED?

GorillaJMonsoon

Ben,

Look at the title of my post and you will see that I was talking to Hogmommy.  I thought she was a hugely obese woman that posted here looking for sympathy, but someone posted a picture of her and she's really a hottie, so I felt a bit deceived.  But I don't think the intent was to be deceptive, in both cases.  It was a bad attempt at humor and I apologize to everyone involved. :P

HogInMemphis

Quote from: HighOnHogs on September 01, 2005, 11:59:01 am
Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 01, 2005, 11:38:17 amI agree it's dumb to be in Fayetteville and stay away from the game to be able to watch another on TV. But several here don't think so and they call themselves Hog fans. Maybe they are, but they obviously are not TRUE HOG FANS.

We are talking about  Ark/SW Missouri St.  or Texas A&M/Clemson.   I'm sure the later will be a better and more competitive game.  I'd probably still go to the Arkansas game but I understand why an A&M fan would rather watch his game in real time.  Some of you look for the most insane things to point out a negative in someone. Get a life.

"I'm sure the later will be a better and more competitive game.  I'd probably still go to the Arkansas game but..."

I'll be sure and let HDN and JFB know that you think the A&M/Clemson game is more important than the Mo St/Ark game. I'm sure they'll appreciate that. You're a true hog fan.

GorillaJMonsoon

September 01, 2005, 01:42:55 pm #28 Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:46:00 pm by GorillaJMonsoon
Memphis,

The hypothetical jet ride would also include a hypothetical limo ride to the airport.  And don't worry about my edumacation, I got plenty of fancy book learnin'.  You made it clear that coming to this game was beneath you even if you were flown here on a jet, don't try and weasel out of it now. 

PS and now you are chastising HOH for saying the game isn't important when you won't even listen to it on the radio*.

*Radio is hypothetical and free of charge.

bknight33

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 01, 2005, 01:40:49 pm
Quote from: HighOnHogs on September 01, 2005, 11:59:01 am

"I'm sure the later will be a better and more competitive game. I'd probably still go to the Arkansas game but..."

I'll be sure and let HDN and JFB know that you think the A&M/Clemson game is more important than the Mo St/Ark game. I'm sure they'll appreciate that. You're a true hog fan.

Hell they dont care.  the tickets are already paid for...and if his buddy is a donor..even better.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 01, 2005, 01:40:49 pmI'll be sure and let HDN and JFB know that you think the A&M/Clemson game is more important than the Mo St/Ark game. I'm sure they'll appreciate that. You're a true hog fan.

You don't read very well do you?  And,  please point out to me where I said "IMPORTANT". 

hogken

If I lived in Austin and Hogs played on TV ! im sorry Im watchin the Hogs or any other city for that matter! cant blame the man! He's just on the wrong board. Let Him go! please! Go my friend in peace! u know not what u do!
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Ben Steiger

PorcineSublime

Well, since I have to work the next week(Vandy). You will have to take up the slack for me. Just remember, You have to call the Hog's and stand up alot. ;) I am going Saturday and think it will be my only game I can go to. Good thing I didn't buy season tix. Maybe someday I get a job that doesn't include weekends. Till then, I will be catching what I can.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Sbrokeski

Howdy.  Glad to see so many replies back from my post, especially positive ones!  Thanks for realizing my loyalty.  I wouldn't want a poser type to come to an Aggie game if that wasn't where his/her heart was.  I'm assumming Hogs would think the same way.  For those who think I still should have gone.....its Mizzou St.!!  It will be uninteresting by half time.  Plus I can't wait another day to see the Ags.  First possible second I can see Fran's boys I will.  No tivo. 
Hogmommy - I used a Thumbs Up emoticon so it would give posters a better sense of what type of thread this was.  I wasn't looking for sympathy.
And as far as taking this to an Aggie board, I would just get applauded and probably chastised for even considering going to the Hog game.  Thought this would be better accepted on Hogville.
So anyway, look forward to next week, good luck against Mizzou St., and yes the tickets were taken by another couple.  They will be there to call the Hogs.
Beat The Hell Outta Clemson!

Doug

Gorilla and HIM, you know what?  Screw you both.  At least you BOTH are close enough to see the damn game.  I've been infected with Hogkickassitis for almost two years now and I haven't been able to attend a single damn game.  Why?  I'm too friggin' far away.

Now knock it off before I start slappin' a headband on both of you and start callin' ya Batmanfan JR and Batmanfan III.

* Douglas walks away cursing and muttering about the whole pissy fight
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)