Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Jones Highlight reel (may cause extreme adrenaline rush)

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, May 03, 2005, 12:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on May 03, 2005, 12:06:59 pm
http://www.jaguars.com/

Prepare yourself before you watch this. What an incredible player!

I have that video.  It was made for scouts.  Starts off with his runs and goes into dropback/rollout throws.  Pretty long.

RebelliousHog

Wow! That was fun!

You know if you added up all the yards MJ actually ran when he was going side to side, he prolly had like a Kajillion yards.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ReturnToDynasty?

BushHawg

that's just awesome!  I hope it does it some more in the pros and makes believers out of everyone.

I couldn't get it to save.  Anyone know how?
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Calvin N Hawgs

We are going to be "Jones-ing" next year for plays like that!  (budum-chi)

HighOnHogs

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Calvin N Hawgs on May 03, 2005, 03:31:59 pm
We are going to be "Jones-ing" next year for plays like that! (budum-chi)

I loved all those type of plays from Matt.  I can watch them over and over, but honestly, I long for the days of "Stoerner to Lucas".

big_red12

that was awesome...i loved the runs and especially the catch made with one hand. That WAS AWESOME!!! I expect he will do great at Jacksonville and represent THE HOGS well. WPS!!!

pigfoot

What a fantastic athlete.  I still can't believe that Sorahan started in place of Matt in some games last year.  Was it an attempt to motivate Matt?  It's an honest question and the answer still escapes me.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Kilgor

Wish we'd have had a QB to throw to him when he was here.  Nice video.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Arkapigdiesel

I have seen those plays over and over and all I can say is:

U
N
B
E
L
I
E
V
A
B
L
E
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

doubleH

i can only think of what if when i see matt break that long one against auburn two years ago.

Hawgdawgrain

PIGG

Nice meaning to the P.O.D. song in the highlights.

"Here come the boys from the south"

Man, when MJ falls back to pass and decides to run, he looks like he could run rings around Michael Vick.  Though I don't care what position he plays, I hope he gets an opportunity at some point to play a little QB.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

PigKuneDo

Quote from: PIGG on May 03, 2005, 10:55:44 pm
Nice meaning to the P.O.D. song in the highlights.

"Here come the boys from the south"

Man, when MJ falls back to pass and decides to run, he looks like he could run rings around Michael Vick. Though I don't care what position he plays, I hope he gets an opportunity at some point to play a little QB.

Yeah, gotta agree with all of that... Especially the music... That's MUCH better than what they had on that first post-draft clip at www.jaguars.com... Eeep...

- Bert

I'M EMBARRASSED

Is it just me or does he look faster on those tapes than it did in real time?  I don't know if it's the quality that's making him a blur, or if it's just him.

Lando Calrissian

They could have sped the tape up.

If it were tape of me running around I'd do the same.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: Barrett Bishop on May 04, 2005, 01:40:53 pm
Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on May 03, 2005, 03:28:48 pm
Quote from: Barrett Bishop on May 03, 2005, 03:08:13 pm
No adrenalitis here!!!

then you're not human.

No, no, no, you don't understand. Have you seen the commercial where the guy can't get excited about anything? He has adrenalities. Since there is no adrenalitis here, it means there is excitement. Jeesh.

Oh OK I get it now.  I'm a little slow.

SultanofSwine

If they sped up the tape, they also sped up the defenders that were getting dusted. Tape speed has no bearing on the fact that he made it a habit of smokin defenders in the open field.

bosshawg38

anyone have a link where you can actually download that same video onto your computer instead of watching it on a website?

Lando Calrissian

September 03, 2005, 03:07:06 am #24 Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 03:10:38 am by Lando Calrissian
Quote from: bosshawg38 on May 04, 2005, 04:15:05 pm
anyone have a link where you can actually download that same video onto your computer instead of watching it on a website?

*bump*

It's one of the greatest highlight reels in the history of highlight reels.

Wouldn't mind having it at my finger-tips either.

I'm just not having any luck finding it here or at the Jags website either.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

DanTheHogFan

uofajoe99

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Lando Calrissian

Damn...just watch the defenders chase him on all of those plays.

It's comedic.

I can't wait until he catches a pass in stride in the NFL, and I'll be disappointed if the Jags don't give him a chance to do that.

So far I've just seen him run a bunch of curl patterns for 10 yds or so.  Let the man run!