Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about substituting

Started by Piggfoot, December 30, 2016, 09:52:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

I can remember some substitution for a few players but I don't remember many. I don't recall any online substitutions and very few in the defense. I was thinking Bielema was going to develop a platoon system. How much did we do?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 30, 2016, 09:52:55 pm
I can remember some substitution for a few players but I don't remember many. I don't recall any online substitutions and very few in the defense. I was thinking Bielema was going to develop a platoon system. How much did we do?

Where did you read about a platoon system, first I've ever heard of it, especially if you are talking o-line. We rotate the d-line all game, using 10-12 guys.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 09:56:15 pm
Where did you read about a platoon system, first I've ever heard of it, especially if you are talking o-line. We rotate the d-line all game, using 10-12 guys.

A few years back there was talk of a platoon system on the OL. Basically used to keep guys fresh.  Had lots of arguments here about how that's not how it worked.  I was on the side that said CSP and CBB were working toward that, but it seems I was wrong.  There is no platoon system in our OL and there
likely won't be unless we significantly improve OL recruiting. Even then there may not be, as it doesn't seem like many teams do such a thing.  I'll admit I was off the mark back then.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 09:56:15 pm
[/quote. I don't think I read it and Bielema may not have used that word but I expected him to substitute more in the online even though we are short of players.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.