Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Hog Fans Willing To Pay More @ The Ticket Booth To Help Buyout Bret?

Started by Sportster365, December 30, 2016, 01:29:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay more for game tickets if it gave Long an option to replace CBB?

Yes
No

Sportster365

At 72000 seats and 6 home games plus the WMS game the 15M dollar buyout wouldn't seem so unattainable after all.

NuttinItUp

Start a Kickstarter or GoFundMe to get the money and see if anyone donates.

I highly doubt it.

havok

I sense it is going to be a bit more difficult next season to fill those seats. 

Sorry to say..but the Team and coaches have a long way to go toward wining back the fans to the point they are willing to shell out money to see the product on the field..  Because lord knows CBB should personally reimburse every Ark fan for the cost of what they spent going to that bowl game.

depressed_fan

Quote from: havok on December 30, 2016, 04:19:33 pm
I sense it is going to be a bit more difficult next season to fill those seats. 

Sorry to say..but the Team and coaches have a long way to go toward wining back the fans to the point they are willing to shell out money to see the product on the field..  Because lord knows CBB should personally reimburse every Ark fan for the cost of what they spent going to that bowl game.

yea we will certainly see about that. The last home game was sold out and most the games were sold out this year.

More than likely I'll bet on the daddies just wanting to take the munchkins to a Hog game or show off his trophy skank wife. Maybe so these guys can have a guys day at the ball yard throwing back beers. Do those 72k that filled the seats this year really care about the outcome of the scoreboard?

Redhogs

Quote from: Sportster365 on December 30, 2016, 01:29:16 pm
At 72000 seats and 6 home games plus the WMS game the 15M dollar buyout wouldn't seem so unattainable after all.
The fans did not make the hidious deal, Long did, that's the moron that should be reaching in his pocket.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Be cheaper to pay for a headhunter to convince an NFL team to hire him. I'm thinking Buffalo
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

NATEHOGG216

Funny, I actually talked with my dad today about wheather or not we would renew our tickets next year. We have had the same seats for over 20 years. Our decision hasn't been made yet but I will tell you that only twice in all these years have we thought about it. The other time, the fans FINALLY convinced the ptb to lose hdn before we decided to not renew. Long probably has one more year of us throwing money away before we come to our senses, but I'm not sure.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

I wasn't asked my opinion just before he was hired.  But yeah, I would pitch in but only if I had a bit of say in at least who makes the next decision on who is hired and what they receive in compensation.  Hiring BB, at the prices paid was a horrible deal.  The man is just not worth the price paid and never was. This hire would be like paying $300.00 bucks for an advertised super great meal and then being taken to McDonalds for a Happy Meal.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on December 30, 2016, 08:02:33 pm
I wasn't asked my opinion just before he was hired.  But yeah, I would pitch in but only if I had a bit of say in at least who makes the next decision on who is hired and what they receive in compensation.  Hiring BB, at the prices paid was a horrible deal.  The man is just not worth the price paid and never was. This hire would be like paying $300.00 bucks for an advertised super great meal and then being taken to McDonalds for a Happy Meal.

Well, that's an opinion for sure.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 12247 on December 30, 2016, 08:02:33 pm
Hope you got the chicken nuggets!

elksnort

Quote from: Redhogs on December 30, 2016, 04:33:02 pm
The fans did not make the hidious deal, Long did, that's the moron that should be reaching in his pocket.
I was thinking the same thing, whether right or wrong.

ricepig

Hogfan1660

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 30, 2016, 04:27:38 pm
yea we will certainly see about that. The last home game was sold out and most the games were sold out this year.

More than likely I'll bet on the daddies just wanting to take the munchkins to a Hog game or show off his trophy skank wife. Maybe so these guys can have a guys day at the ball yard throwing back beers. Do those 72k that filled the seats this year really care about the outcome of the scoreboard?

The 4 games I made this year said it was a "sellout" but the upper level wasn't full by long shot. Unfortunately as long as it's considered a sellout there won't be any changes.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on December 30, 2016, 08:13:20 pm
The 4 games I made this year said it was a "sellout" but the upper level wasn't full by long shot. Unfortunately as long as it's considered a sellout there won't be any changes.

Which side?

Dirty

Why buy tickets? That will prove nothing.  Empty seats will be noticed.

The Hawg Marshal

PonderinHog

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 30, 2016, 08:36:26 pm
Does buyout money come from the gate receipts?

It would come from the RF, more than likely, they guarantee the vast majority of the contract.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 08:39:01 pm
It would come from the RF, more than likely, they guarantee the vast majority of the contract.
Exactly.