Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS BOARD OF TRUSTEES NEED TO MEET IMMEDIATELY TO FIRE JEFF LONG AN BIELEMA

Started by Westcoasthog, December 30, 2016, 12:00:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

The Arkansas Board to Trustees need to me today Friday, December 30, 2016 to
fire Jeff Long the Athletic Director and fire the Football coach Bret Bielema. 

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

onebadrubi

They told me if you would donate $150,000 to the buyouts they would meet and consider it.  But until you donate 1% they aren't interested.

hogcard1964

They need to, but they won't.  SEC Network is also indicating he'll be fired.  Bielema not Long.  Actually Long's name didn't even come up.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 30, 2016, 12:11:18 pm
They need to, but they won't.  SEC Network is also indicating he'll be fired.  Bielema not Long.  Actually Long's name didn't even come up.

Bielema won't stick around if there is much more heat, he will go to an Iowa or Iowa state type team where he can overachieve in an easier environment.

moses_007

Bielema's SEC record:  Year 1.... 0 SEC wins.    Year 2... 2 SEC wins.  Year 3... 5 SEC wins.  Year 4....3 SEC wins.  That's only 10 SEC victories in his four year tenure... an average of 2.5 SEC wins per year.

This doesn't cut it folks.  I remember the days (in the 60s and 70s....) when I EXPECTED an Arkansas win every single week.  Now I expect a loss every single week.

Bielema has absolutely sunk the football program.  He has to go, regardless of the buyout.  Let Jerry Jones, the Tysons and Waltons anty up to get him gone.

jacobp

The problem is that some of you think the waltons, hunts, tysons, etc. care enough to put up that kind of money to remove a coach

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 30, 2016, 12:11:18 pm

Lol

elksnort

Love the all caps. Was about to get excited, but then reality sets in.

hogsanity

What has Long done that, based on the job description of the AD, would warrant his being fired?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawganatic

Quote from: jacobp on December 30, 2016, 12:29:54 pm
The problem is that some of you think the waltons, hunts, tysons, etc. care enough to put up that kind of money to remove a coach

No the problem is most on this board expect somebody else to put up the money, while not contributing a dime to the program...

hawgon

One thing that is different from the Nutt deal is that it seems that the national press actually expects a firing and that it would be justified.  The perception this time seems to be not that Arkansas fans are crazy but rather that the coach is squarely on the hot seat and deserves to be there.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hoggish1

Quote from: jacobp on December 30, 2016, 12:29:54 pm

For the Waltons the money needed to remove those two is less than pocket change or pocketbook change for any one of them.  Just saying...

jacobp

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 30, 2016, 12:38:55 pm
For the Waltons the money needed to remove those two is less than pocket change or pocket book change for any one of them.  Just saying...
That's true. But what's not true is that they would pony it up so we can fire a coach.

cj_sez

When you are paid to do a job, you should do the job to the best of your ability. If your effort is not your best, you should be removed from the job. If your best is inadequate, you should be removed from the job and replaced with someone with the ability to do the job properly with consistent success.
If he led a group who supervised manufacturing artificial heart-valves and too often, those valves were defective, he would be replaced.

No one should keep a job when they prove incompetent.

hogsanity

Quote from: cj_sez on December 30, 2016, 12:46:36 pm
When you are paid to do a job, you should do the job to the best of your ability. If your effort is not your best, you should be removed from the job. If your best is inadequate, you should be removed from the job and replaced with someone with the ability to do the job properly with consistent success.
If he led a group who supervised manufacturing artificial heart-valves and too often, those valves were defective, he would be replaced.

No one should keep a job when they prove incompetent.

Have you stopped to think that there is much more to being the AD than the record of the football team, and that, perhaps, he is fulfilling the requirements of being the AD to the satisfaction of his boss?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: jacobp on December 30, 2016, 12:41:31 pm
That's true. But what's not true is that they would pony it up so we can fire a coach.

Correct, I love how HV says "pay him whatever to lock him up", no, "have the Waltons buy him out", always spending someone else's money.

Medic821

3kgthog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 30, 2016, 12:38:55 pm
For the Waltons the money needed to remove those two is less than pocket change or pocketbook change for any one of them.  Just saying...

And we know that (outside of Bud) none of the Waltons care much at all about donating big sums to Razorback sports. If we needed a new library or addition to the WCOB, maybe we'd see a check.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 12:49:53 pm
Correct, I love how HV says "pay him whatever to lock him up", no, "have the Waltons buy him out", always spending someone else's money.
I wonder is the Waltons even give a rat's tush about the Razorbacks. They are busy buying fine art and pissing off the East coast establishment (which I kind of like). Crystal Bridges, give it a look. Great place.

I do think that Long and/or whomever provided CBB with an overly generous contract.

cj_sez

Quote from: hogsanity on December 30, 2016, 12:48:35 pm
Have you stopped to think that there is much more to being the AD than the record of the football team, and that, perhaps, he is fulfilling the requirements of being the AD to the satisfaction of his boss?

You assumed I meant the AD position. I was thinking of Bielema who does not have a record of adequacy at Arkansas.

popcornhog

Quote from: Westcoasthog on December 30, 2016, 12:00:57 pm
     The Arkansas Board to Trustees need to me today Friday, December 30, 2016 to
fire Jeff Long the Athletic Director and fire the Football coach Bret Bielema.

All Caps?!

Must be serious.
WPS

ricepig

sickboy

Firing Jeff Long would be a catastrophic PR nightmare. You can't fire the guy who is the head of the playoff committee and who's one of the most respected AD's in the country. If you wanna really scare the hell out of prospective AD's and head coaches... that's a good way to set your program back even further. If you think the Arkansas fanbase looked crazy flying banners with Nutt... this would be 10 million times worse.

If you want Long gone... you gotta hope he's offered another position that he takes on his own accord, or that we secretly, behind closed doors, help broker.

Either way, getting rid of Long is a very, very, very risky move.

Bielema on the other hand is totally different conversation.

longpig

Quote from: hogsanity on December 30, 2016, 12:33:07 pm
What has Long done that, based on the job description of the AD, would warrant his being fired?

Other than his creepy smile, the inexplicable one sided buyout is my only gripe with lil Jeffrey. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogsanity

Quote from: cj_sez on December 30, 2016, 12:56:44 pm
You assumed I meant the AD position. I was thinking of Bielema who does not have a record of adequacy at Arkansas.

Yes I was talking about AD, but how do you know BB has not done exactly what his bosses have asked of him?

ricepig

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2016, 01:01:01 pm
Firing Jeff Long would be a catastrophic PR nightmare. You can't fire the guy who is the head of the playoff committee and who's one of the most respected AD's in the country. If you wanna really scare the hell out of prospective AD's and head coaches... that's a good way to set your program back even further. If you think the Arkansas fanbase looked crazy flying banners with Nutt... this would be 10 million times worse.

If you want Long gone... you gotta hope he's offered another position that he takes on his own accord, or that we secretly, behind closed doors, help broker.

He isn't the head of the CFP committee anymore, just on the committee.

HoggyCat

Let's see. Dismissed rape. That alone should have him gone.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

MrKlem10

Long burnt that bridge with the Waltons when he messed with their sky box in the arena....

Marshfieldhog

They just need to start with Jeff Long and then let the new guy work there way to CBB and Mike Anderson. If one of them turns it around then great, if not then see ya. Jeff Long is the problem, no expectations for wins/losses and you get average at best results.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2016, 01:01:01 pm

Firing Long would be a minor blip in the world of college football. We can EASILY find a better replacement.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

PEOPLE SAYING IT'S OK TO FIRE A COACH AND SPEND TENS OF MILLIONS IN DOING SO ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ELECTED TRUMP THINKING HE WASN'T GOING TO FATTEN THE POCKETS OF BILLIONAIRES AT THEIR EXPENSE.

Good lord.
[CENSORED]!

Jack The BN

I think our only chance is to get Rick Laweson in here. Whatever it takes. $9 million and a lifetime supply of Cocaine and snickers bars if that what we have to do.

He's our only shot at winning.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

hawgon

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 30, 2016, 01:37:53 pm
PEOPLE SAYING IT'S OK TO FIRE A COACH AND SPEND TENS OF MILLIONS IN DOING SO ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ELECTED TRUMP THINKING HE WASN'T GOING TO FATTEN THE POCKETS OF BILLIONAIRES AT THEIR EXPENSE.

Good lord.

Well, at least Hillary understood the value of keeping the big donors happy.

PonderinHog

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

longpig

My only legal experience has been on the receiving end.  The way I see it, what we get for the $15.4 is a conference noncompete.  Could this be renegotiated?  I mean, who cares at this point if Bert goes directly to an SEC program?

ATLHog

Quote from: Josh Goforth on December 30, 2016, 12:14:57 pm
Bielema won't stick around if there is much more heat, he will go to an Iowa or Iowa state type team where he can overachieve in an easier environment.
Yeah I've started wondering about this as well. How much can CBB (and Jen) withstand when the mob gets bigger and bigger and angrier?

Youngsta71701

Sure why not fire Bret Beilema and Jeff Long... ???

It was Coach B that got the ball stripped from Morgan setting up Virginia Tech's first touchdown.
It was Coach B that fumbled the ball at the one yard line taking away possible points and giving the momentum back to us.
It was Coach B that told Allen to throw those three interceptions in the second half.
It was Coach B that got all of those pre-snap false start penalties in the second half getting us behind the chains.
It was Coach B that got that PI penalty in the second half.
It was Coach B that told Brooks Ellis to horse collar the kid in the second half.

Sure, why not fire him. He was the one guy on the field doing all of things that contributed to us losing this game. Jeez...Come on people...This loss was almost all on the players. I know some of you guys have an agenda when it comes to Coach B but let's get and keep it real. He didn't cost us this game. Or Jeff Long for that matter. That argument is even dumber.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Dirty

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 30, 2016, 02:00:37 pm
Sure why not fire Bret Beilema and Jeff Long... ???

It was Coach B that got the ball stripped from Morgan setting up Virginia Tech's first touchdown.
It was Coach B that fumbled the ball at the one yard line taking away possible points and giving the momentum back to us.
It was Coach B that told Allen to throw those three interceptions in the second half.
It was Coach B that got all of those pre-snap false start penalties in the second half getting us behind the chains.
It was Coach B that got that PI penalty in the second half.
It was Coach B that told Brooks Ellis to horse collar the kid in the second half.

Sure, why not fire him. He was the one guy on the field doing all of things that contributed to us losing this game. Jeez...Come on people...This loss was almost all on the players. I know some of you guys have an agenda when it comes to Coach B but let's get and keep it real. He didn't cost us this game. Or Jeff Long for that matter. That argument is even dumber.

He is the one that didn't have the Hogs ready vs Auburn

LSU

Missouri

Virginia Tech

Texas A & M the last two years

No halftime adjustments, so the buck stops with him.

EastexHawg

Who hires coaches?  When was the last time our football and men's basketball teams combined were as bad as they are now?

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2016, 02:25:47 pm
Who hires coaches?  When was the last time our football and men's basketball teams combined were as bad as they are now?

2004 and 2005

dsims2k3

Fire Jeff Long and Arkansas would be a laughing  stock. He would be picked up quickly if not hired by  ESPN.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

longpig

Quote from: ATLHog on December 30, 2016, 01:51:24 pm
Yeah I've started wondering about this as well. How much can CBB (and Jen) withstand when the mob gets bigger and bigger and angrier?

We'll hear exactly how she really feels about the 'sweetest fans in the world' and NWA when CBB gets his walking papers.  Can count on that.

Razor1997

Well, we'd be willing to pony up, but none of us happened to be the sucker that gave him the huge buyout in the first place.

ricepig

Quote from: Razor1997 on December 30, 2016, 02:31:27 pm
Well, we'd be willing to pony up, but none of us happened to be the sucker that gave him the huge buyout in the first place.

Well, then you shouldn't expect others to do it, correct?

PonderinHog

You know what the bank robber said when asked why he robbed banks?  "Because that's where the money is!"  Or as my mother said, "You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip."