Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not That it Matters

Started by Dumb ole famrboy, December 30, 2016, 11:45:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumb ole famrboy

But - Drew Morgan's fumble through the end zone - I don't think the ball crossed the goal line inside the field of play - meaning the ball should have been spotted at the 1 foot line or there about.

Dr. Starcs

Ed Cunningham would disagree. Of course, he'd disagree that the earth is round also.

Dumb ole famrboy

I didn't record the game - and cannot find a replay on the net.

PonderinHog

Was it even reviewed?  Inconclusive?  I thought it went out of bounds before the pylon.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2016, 11:47:19 am
Ed Cunningham would disagree. Of course, he'd disagree that the earth is round also.
Ed would argue camera angle.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 11:59:23 am
Was it even reviewed?  Inconclusive?  I thought it went out of bounds before the pylon.
My thoughts also

RebelliousHog

Personally I thought it went over the pylon ( which is in play) then landed out of bounds. I dont fault him for hustling. We've seen guys doing this for years.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PonderinHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 30, 2016, 12:00:50 pm
Ed would argue camera angle.
It seemed like he was in charge of the reviews.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 30, 2016, 11:45:26 am
But - Drew Morgan's fumble through the end zone - I don't think the ball crossed the goal line inside the field of play - meaning the ball should have been spotted at the 1 foot line or there about.
It went through the end zone, just past the orange pylon, and out of bounds. It would have been a touchback and VT's ball.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: lutherheggs on December 30, 2016, 12:09:45 pm
It went through the end zone, just past the orange pylon, and out of bounds. It would have been a touchback and VT's ball.
The ball must break the plane of the goal line - between the pylons - I think the ball went past the goal line outside the field of play (outside of the pylons). Making it a fumble out of bounds - not a fumble through the end zone.

TheEnemy

Looking at where the ball was when fumbled and where it landed....no way it didn't cross the goal line without curving in midair.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 30, 2016, 12:15:52 pm
The ball must break the plane of the goal line - between the pylons - I think the ball went past the goal line outside the field of play (outside of the pylons). Making it a fumble out of bounds - not a fumble through the end zone.
There's a picture or two in the game thread.  Wrong angle though.

Jeffcphog

The ball went out of bounds about the 1 yard line, thn bounced back into the end zone and out of bounds again.  Ball should have been placed at the 1.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 30, 2016, 12:15:52 pm
pylons are in play. How many times do we see guys diving and hitting the pylon and called a TD?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: HenduHog on December 30, 2016, 01:27:25 pm
pylons are in play. How many times do we see guys diving and hitting the pylon and called a TD?
That is true pylons are in the field of play. My perspective was - if Morgan had maintained possession of the ball based on the path the ball took - it would have not been a touchdown.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 30, 2016, 01:32:45 pm
That is true pylons are in the field of play. My perspective was - if Morgan had maintained possession of the ball based on the path the ball took - it would have not been a touchdown.

I disagree but it's a moot point now.

Gonzo

It was certainly close, probably not overturned either way on review IMO.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 30, 2016, 12:17:07 pm
Looking at where the ball was when fumbled and where it landed....no way it didn't cross the goal line without curving in midair.

Need to check the Zapruder film, may have been a magic football

Go Hogs!

seasonhog

Our team momentum changed when BB stop the game 10 min. arguing with the ref......