Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should have seen this coming...

Started by MagnasHog15, December 30, 2016, 11:34:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnasHog15

We all should have seen this coming with these last two games. It goes way back to the TCU game. Second half collapse but the only difference is TCU was horrible enough to let us win. The lack of adjustments have been happening all year. We either come out firing the 1st half and blow the 2nd half or don't even show up at all. We sometimes didn't eve look like we had a game plan.

On another note, could the conservative play calling on both sides in the 2nd half be because Bielema came to both coordinators and made the suggestion/told them to? I don't know but just a thought.
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: MagnasHog15 on December 30, 2016, 11:34:36 am
We all should have seen this coming with these last two games. It goes way back to the TCU game. Second half collapse but the only difference is TCU was horrible enough to let us win. The lack of adjustments have been happening all year. We either come out firing the 1st half and blow the 2nd half or don't even show up at all. We sometimes didn't eve look like we had a game plan.

On another note, could the conservative play calling on both sides in the 2nd half be because Bielema came to both coordinators and made the suggestion/told them to? I don't know but just a thought.

We threw passes on the first drive of the second half, backed up at our 20, I wouldn't call that conservative.

cj_sez

It's not just this season. The Hogs have lost games that were close at half-time and the other teams have made adjustments that allowed them to put Arkansas away in the second half in Bielema's previous seasons. If his plan works for an entire game, then fine. BUT...if other coaches make adjustments he seems to lack the capability of shifting the scheme to counter. This season is worse for we have gone from losing the half-time close games to losing the big lead at half-time games. Add in the horrible mauling by Auburn. It's time for Bielema to go, but I doubt we will see that coming.

XXL TideFan

He is just not a very good coach. You guys deserve better.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: XXL TideFan on December 30, 2016, 12:14:20 pm
He is just not a very good coach. You guys deserve better.
Reckon you could talk Nick into coming over?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Jim Harris

Quote from: MagnasHog15 on December 30, 2016, 11:34:36 am

Arkansas's offensive playcalling in the second half was conservative? Had they just run three downs and punted and not turned the ball over and just played field position, they might (and I emphasize might) have held on to win. Maybe you saw the three interceptions and the fumble after a third-down pass, all setting up VaTech touchdowns.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

NoogaHog

I was a CBB supporter until now. Mainly because we seemed to be improving and doing it with high character kids. Now I am disgusted. We are not improving and the character factor can be questioned. (Although I think several of these players seem to be stand-up guys, like RW3, J-RED, and AA). I will continue to root for him and support him as long as he is our coach, but I don't think he needs to be our coach.

The 2nd half collapses have been a running theme all 4 years. The Rutgers game, 2 of the MSU games, Toledo, 3 of the aTm games, the TCU game this year even though we won, now Missouri and VPI.

I'm ready for something else. Another 3-4 year rebuild? IDK, but let's see.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

italian9005

I get sick of bielema letting off the gas. he's done it with 2 coordinators. he gets a lead and tries to run the clock out and ends up losing. this idiot had 2 possessions with chances to score before 2nd quarter was over and he didn't try either time to put points up. he's a loser just like his teams have been

ricepig

Quote from: italian9005 on December 30, 2016, 01:53:57 pm
I get sick of bielema letting off the gas. he's done it with 2 coordinators. he gets a lead and tries to run the clock out and ends up losing. this idiot had 2 possessions with chances to score before 2nd quarter was over and he didn't try either time to put points up. he's a loser just like his teams have been

He doesn't call the plays.