Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belk Bowl is on SEC Network right now…if you want to relive the nightmare

Started by Tejano Jawg, December 30, 2016, 11:03:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

I turned it on a few seconds into the 2nd half...first play I saw was the 3rd and 19 pass to Morgan. The one that he fumbled. VT passes to the right, then the left—we were giving them a 20-yard cushion—then QB runs 5 yards for the score. It was that fast.

Our next possession was the long pass to Morgan. The one that he fumbled, out of the end zone. I had forgotten these 2 catastrophic plays, by the same player, were in consecutive series. What did Morgan drink at halftime?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Danimal

No thanks -- we'll have plenty of chances to do that next season....

PonderinHog

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and the second half was in full swing.  No thanks.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Danimal on December 30, 2016, 11:05:03 am
No thanks -- we'll have plenty of chances to do that next season....

I hear you. I'm just wanting to try and spot other details, when thing started turning (psychologically). You can see their tempo pick up after their first score. Every play they made gave them more fire.

Following Morgan's second fumble, they punt. Our next series was the "almost targeting" on Reed's catch. A series later, Austin gets pressure and throws a terrible pass that was picked off. Our receiver was covered up by 2 VT guys. Awful. They put a nice drive together including a 30 yard pass across the middle, then Ellis's horse collar. They score fairly quickly...24-14. They had all the momentum and confidence at this point.

Our next series didn't last long...right out of the gate, Austin throws the short pass to Cantrell that was picked. 3 TURNOVERS IN 11 SNAPS. They score the next play...24-21. We were done. There are teams with more guts that can fight back from a bad stretch...but that's not us.

Morgan's 2 fumbles stopped our O on our first 2 possessions. Austin's 2 picks did the same and gave them scores (as did Morgan's first fumble). This is where you're just wanting someone else to step up and make a play...maybe someone on defense. VT's go-ahead drive consisted of sharp pass completions and long runs where they broke several tackles.

More than anything, through this period, we never got the feeling our coaching staff tried to take control back. Getting beat by a superior team is one thing, but this is hard to take.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Danimal

Bottom line -- our offensive and defensive linemen are too overweight/outta shape to play more than 1 half of good football against most teams. An old-school Big 10 strength and conditioning program won't cut it in todays game.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Pigsknuckles

No thanks, I think I'll just stand in the yard, pinch myself with pliers, and toss lawn darts randomly in the air.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Ironhawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 30, 2016, 11:03:14 am
I turned it on a few seconds into the 2nd half...first play I saw was the 3rd and 19 pass to Morgan. The one that he fumbled. VT passes to the right, then the left—we were giving them a 20-yard cushion—then QB runs 5 yards for the score. It was that fast.

Our next possession was the long pass to Morgan. The one that he fumbled, out of the end zone. I had forgotten these 2 catastrophic plays, by the same player, were in consecutive series. What did Morgan drink at halftime?

Why sure thing!  Right after I reenact the last time I smashed my thumb with a hammer and my last root canal!