Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This says it all

Started by TXrazorback, December 30, 2016, 08:04:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TXrazorback

Over the past 10 seasons, teams were 3-902 when trailing by at least 24 points. Arkansas, meanwhile, is just 21-8 since 2013 when leading at intermission, which ranks 104th in FBS.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/135520/another-arkansas-collapse-hands-virginia-tech-unlikely-belk-bowl-win

I wonder how much better our record would be if we were able to play full games rather than just a half of quality football.  Speaks volumes about the adjustments that we are NOT making and the adjustments that opposing teams ARE making. 

I like Beliema, but man, something has to give.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Razorbackers

Quote from: TXrazorback on December 30, 2016, 08:04:31 am
Over the past 10 seasons, teams were 3-902 when trailing by at least 24 points. Arkansas, meanwhile, is just 21-8 since 2013 when leading at intermission, which ranks 104th in FBS.

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/135520/another-arkansas-collapse-hands-virginia-tech-unlikely-belk-bowl-win

I wonder how much better our record would be if we were able to play full games rather than just a half of quality football.  Speaks volumes about the adjustments that we are NOT making and the adjustments that opposing teams ARE making. 

Dang Bielema has been sinking this program for the last decade? That's amazing.

HawgcallWPS

I'm not great at math, but I didn't realize it had been a decade since 2013. Time flies I guess. Oh and teams with a 24 point lead at half over the last decade had a 99.5 winning percentage. #uncommon

TXrazorback

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 08:17:42 am
Dang Bielema has been sinking this program for the last decade? That's amazing.

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on December 30, 2016, 08:28:44 am
I'm not great at math, but I didn't realize it had been a decade since 2013. Time flies I guess. Oh and teams with a 24 point lead at half over the last decade had a 99.5 winning percentage. #uncommon

You guys do realize that in the first sentence they are referring to a ten year span for all of college football and in the second sentence how Arkansas has performed since 2013?  Hopefully that clarifies what the article is saying.
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Razorbackers

Quote from: TXrazorback on December 30, 2016, 09:16:36 am
You guys do realize that in the first sentence they are referring to a ten year span for all of college football and in the second sentence how Arkansas has performed since 2013?  Hopefully that clarifies what the article is saying.

Teams are (numbers) when down by (this specific amount) at half. But Arkansas is (numbers) when up (by any general amount).

Not exactly the same thing, regardless.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TXrazorback on December 30, 2016, 08:04:31 am

Not simply adjustments at the half which appear to not exist. It's also lack of motivation at the half and in some cases as with the blowout losses or inexplicable ones to lesser opponents, before the game ever starts OR lack of depth to finish. ALL of which are ultimately the responsibility of the head coach. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Perspective, please.  We just witnessed the greatest comeback in Virginia Tech history, folks.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2016, 09:19:06 am
Not simply adjustments at the half which appear to not exist. It's also lack of motivation at the half and in some cases as with the blowout losses or inexplicable ones to lesser opponents, before the game ever starts OR lack of depth to finish. ALL of which are ultimately the responsibility of the head coach. 

...he doesn't seem to care and if he does, it's not enough to worry about it much.
Fabulously wealthy, life of a rock star, Barbie doll at his side, tv star...where
is the sense that somethings wrong..?
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on December 30, 2016, 09:25:51 am
with a boss that doesn't give a darn.

...haha, yep, so the fleece continues
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Razorbackers

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 09:21:58 am
Perspective, please.  We just witnessed the greatest comeback in Virginia Tech history, folks.

Was it? haha

I mean, for that to happen, their opponent had to have the greatest collapse in VT history hahaha

Pigsknuckles

Really weary of being fodder other teams great memories, and individual performances (ala Tony Temple etc.)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:56:14 am
Was it? haha

I mean, for that to happen, their opponent had to have the greatest collapse in VT history hahaha
It is true, apparently.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/29/no-18-va-tech-stages-epic-comeback-tops-arkansas-35-24/95985042/

:-[   :puke:   >:(   :razorback:

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 10:01:48 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO!  NOT COOL!  You big dummy!  Whatsamatterwityou ???

Razorbackers

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 10:04:21 am
NO NO NO NO NO NO!  NOT COOL!  You big dummy!  Whatsamatterwityou ???

PonderinHog

Razorbackers

onebadrubi

Or one of the greatest collapses in Arkansas football history (in one game).

TXrazorback

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:18:42 am
Teams are (numbers) when down by (this specific amount) at half. But Arkansas is (numbers) when up (by any general amount).

Not exactly the same thing, regardless.

Correct, what they should have done is compared all teams from 2013 vs. Arkansas since 2013.  Either way I imagine that we are worse than the overall sample.