Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still shaking my head this morning.....

Started by 007 License To Squeal, December 30, 2016, 06:46:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

How does a team play so well in the first half, then just totally and completely collapse at halftime?

C...O..A...C...H.....I...N...G  !!!!!

Period......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

lefty08

Good level headed post after sleeping one off
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Lanny

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 30, 2016, 06:46:00 am
How does a team play so well in the first half, then just totally and completely collapse at halftime?

C...O..A...C...H.....I...N...G  !!!!!

Period......
How does a AD give a horrible coach a huge buyout?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Shrevepork

We're the talk of the sports world this morning. Dang it.
Where did the fight go? What happened in the locker room at half time that took the wind from the sails?  Were they physically spent?
The offensive line quit-Allen's performance tanked-it snowballed into bedlam on our side of the ball and party time on the other side.
This team needs some serious psychoanalysis.
That said. A big WPS for 2017. It's got to be better than this.

Piggfoot

They got sleepy after eating those peanut and jelly sandwiches.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

CrookedSquealliry

Did anyone else hear those turds chanting SEC SEC SEC SEC? 
They didn't beat us, we were in our own circular firing squad.   

b-ball coach

I can handle a tough loss, and I can handle the disappointment of being a life-long razorback fan. What I don't like are the excuses, cockiness for no reason, and statements like Coach B made at half to Jerry Punch last night, "We will play a 4 quarter game I guarantee it." To me it's the same as "came her to to win the SEC."

Empty promises with no accountability and a brashness that's inexcusable. Running your mouth publicly with no one holding you accountable and not owning up when you clearly cannot backup your statements- that's what I'm fed up with as a Razorback fan. We didn't play 4 quarters, he didn't own up and won't. If you lead an organization, team, or business and you continually run your mouth without results, you lose the respect of those in the organization and those outside who support you. If our head coach wanted to take the high road and be humble, our kids would would too. The clear lack of discipline starts at the mouth of our head coach and runs down to our players.

We will recover and support the team as true Razorback fans do; but supporting the coach will be a challenge.

nchogg

I can also handle a tough loss. But I saw things change toward the end of the 2nd quarter. Then it got continually worse from beginning of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game. I don't know what was being said on the field but both offense and defense seemed intimidated. We lost our composure.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Lanny on December 30, 2016, 07:17:40 am
Because he is a horrible AD.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on December 30, 2016, 07:34:33 am
Did anyone else hear those turds chanting SEC SEC SEC SEC? 
They didn't beat us, we were in our own circular firing squad.   
They were chanting ACC, not SEC.

fullfan

Similar to the postings here...it's called over-reaction.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: fullfan on December 30, 2016, 08:23:08 am
Similar to the postings here...it's called over-reaction.

or maybe some of us are not part of the low expectation culture that seems to have an excuse for every Long and BB failure.

The_Iceman

Something has gone wrong with Dan Enos, but no one has been blaming him for anything.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 30, 2016, 08:27:55 am
Something has gone wrong with Dan Enos, but no one has been blaming him for anything.

You are correct, Sir.......both sides of the ball collapsed..

CrookedSquealliry

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 30, 2016, 08:18:35 am
They were chanting ACC, not SEC.

My bad.  Thought they were rubbing it in.  Deservedly. 

BassinHawg

He has been wrong since he tried to run it up the middle three times on the goal line against A&M!

He is not without blame. Teams learned how to make half time adjustments against his anemic scheme.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

island hog

It's extremely difficult to overcome the turnovers ... This team goes as our QB play goes. Period. I really like AA but he's got to improve his decision making.

Inhogswetrust

A huge buyout shouldn't be given period. Buyouts should not last past their regular contract length and amount. IF coach is paid $3 million a year and has three years on his contract the buyout should be the same for that year and time length and each year different based on the number of years left.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SpaCityHawg

gchamblee

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 30, 2016, 08:26:17 am
or maybe some of us are not part of the low expectation culture that seems to have an excuse for every Long and BB failure.

no, but you are part of the culture that blames everything on 2 men you hate regardless of whether its a them problem or a something else problem. this morning confirms it, im taking a break from hogville. you guys have gone full retard. im sure ill be missed. one less poster for you doom and gloomers to tussle with in your crusade to fire everyone and hire gruden. have fun with it. you have lanny on your side now so banning the rational people should be fun.

Redhogs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2016, 09:49:23 am
A huge buyout shouldn't be given period. Buyouts should not last past their regular contract length and amount. IF coach is paid $3 million a year and has three years on his contract the buyout should be the same for that year and time length and each year different based on the number of years left.
Something needs to change, at least here, we a now being held hostage by this clueless windbag. Anyone who heard his comments after the game should be deeply troubled by the direction and the future of the program with him as the leader.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

BrianG

Fat Bert does it again.  Pigs got better results with car salesman Houston Nutt.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: gchamblee on December 30, 2016, 09:53:37 am
no, but you are part of the culture that blames everything on 2 men you hate regardless of whether its a them problem or a something else problem. this morning confirms it, im taking a break from hogville. you guys have gone full retard. im sure ill be missed. one less poster for you doom and gloomers to tussle with in your crusade to fire everyone and hire gruden. have fun with it. you have lanny on your side now so banning the rational people should be fun.

1.  The Razorback program is bigger than any AD or Coach.
2.  I won't miss you.....YOU are the basher....YOU are the smug "holier than Thou" type......

arslp

You're not rational; you're a know-it-all smart ass.  Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split ya.....  The first time you ever said anything to me it was hateful - because I didn't like the defense...  then you said I was using the fact I was a female.  Let me tell you one thing, sunshine; your gender doesn't factor one bit into your arrogant make-up.  You'd be an ass with any genitalia.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

seasonhog

Maybe getting a kickback.........remember....  Smith / Long

sickboy

To be fair... hiring isn't a science. Bielema was the head coach at another solid Power 5 program, coming off three Rose Bowl appearances. I'm sure at the time we were looking at a long list of coordinators who were "up and coming" and then all of a sudden Bielema's agent reaches out and says, "Hey, I got a coach with three consecutive Rose Bowl appearances and 3 Big 10 titles who wants to coach at your school." Not to mention, Bielema's name was constantly in the jumping to the NFL conversations at the time... it makes sense why you wouldn't commit to a guy with that resume unless we had an assurance he was going to stick around to rebuild the program.

I've hired people who on paper who were sure fire bets... and they've fizzled out faster than a Tijuana mule. And I've taken chances on people who seemed to have "it" and they've fizzled out faster than a Tijuana mule.

Hiring just isn't a science or we'd just go find the guy who can take 3* recruits and turn those guys into 5* guys competing for championships. 

seasonhog

Quote from: Redhogs on December 30, 2016, 09:56:12 am
Something needs to change, at least here, we a now being held hostage by this clueless windbag. Anyone who heard his comments after the game should be deeply troubled by the direction and the future of the program with him as the leader.

Long is the first to be replaced.......the #1 problem.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2016, 09:49:23 am

His buyout has never been larger than the yearly compensation x years left on his contract. And for anyone referring to it as a huge buyout it is standard for the industry, except for a coach moving up from a lower level and getting his first shot at a P5 job.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

seasonhog

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2016, 12:50:29 pm
To be fair... hiring isn't a science. Bielema was the head coach at another solid Power 5 program, coming off three Rose Bowl appearances. I'm sure at the time we were looking at a long list of coordinators who were "up and coming" and then all of a sudden Bielema's agent reaches out and says, "Hey, I got a coach with three consecutive Rose Bowl appearances and 3 Big 10 titles who wants to coach at your school." Not to mention, Bielema's name was constantly in the jumping to the NFL conversations at the time... it makes sense why you wouldn't commit to a guy with that resume unless we had an assurance he was going to stick around to rebuild the program.

I've hired people who on paper who were sure fire bets... and they've fizzled out faster than a Tijuana mule. And I've taken chances on people who seemed to have "it" and they've fizzled out faster than a Tijuana mule.

Hiring just isn't a science or we'd just go find the guy who can take 3* recruits and turn those guys into 5* guys competing for championships.

Our Tijuana mule is loaded down with our money........4 million + is heavy.....

sickboy

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 12:53:34 pm
His buyout has never been larger than the yearly compensation x years left on his contract. And for anyone referring to it as a huge buyout it is standard for the industry, except for a coach moving up from a lower level and getting his first shot at a P5 job.

There's no point. Most people don't even know what his buyout clause says, let alone how a buyout works and what's tenable by the University in these situations. People are angry so they're latching onto to buzzword topics to help fuel their anger. Which is completely natural. But the majority don't even know what the buyout situation is -- they just know other people are pissed off about it, so they must be pissed off about it too.

sickboy

Quote from: seasonhog on December 30, 2016, 12:56:19 pm

Our Tijuana mule is loaded down with our money........4 million + is heavy.....

Not that heavy.

rude1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 12:53:34 pm
This simply isn't true, you don't up the buyout on your own end after a 7-6 season, that's the dumbest thing any AD could possibly do, especially when you figure in that he got no commitment from Bret with an equal buyout.  The contract thrown at Bret is what you see a program do after the coach has had an outstanding season or a couple of good seasons, not a frigging 7-6 season!!!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: arslp on December 30, 2016, 12:40:45 pm
You're not rational; you're a know-it-all smart ass.  Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split ya.....  The first time you ever said anything to me it was hateful - because I didn't like the defense...  then you said I was using the fact I was a female.  Let me tell you one thing, sunshine; your gender doesn't factor one bit into your arrogant make-up.  You'd be an ass with any genitalia.
Flat out awesome. Yes he's the most arrogant poster on Hogville...2 thumbs up to you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: arslp on December 30, 2016, 12:40:45 pm

+1000

PonderinHog

Wildhog

At least there's a silver lining.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 30, 2016, 08:12:12 am
Because he is a horrible AD.

But...but...he was on a committee!

You're right.  I'm glad people are starting to realize what a loser we have running things.  Worst combination of football and basketball since Broyles arrived almost 60 years ago.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Redhogs on December 30, 2016, 09:56:12 am

"Anyone who heard his comments after the game should be deeply troubled by the direction and the future of the program with him as the leader."   What are you talking about?  He said he was embarrassed,  he had never seen a collapse like that. He apologized to the fans, and took 100% full responsibility. He talked about recruiting,  and the 4th quarter problems would be hit hard in the off season. What did he say that concerned you?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Wildhog

4th quarter problems have been a recurring theme during Bert's tenure.  Forgive me if I don't take him seriously when he says it will be addressed. I won't even get into recruiting.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on December 30, 2016, 01:51:23 pm
4th quarter problems have been a recurring theme during Bert's tenure.  Forgive me if I don't take him seriously when he says it will be addressed. I won't even get into recruiting.
It will be addressed.  He's going to write another letter.  Stay tuned...

lasthog

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2016, 12:50:29 pm

Thanks for a post from the real world.

EastexHawg

Boo hoo hoo.  You have attacked people for years from your high horse.  Now people are starting to realize those you attacked were right so you're sticking out your lip, packing your toys, and going home.  A simple, "Okay, I admit you guys were right all along" would suffice.

Wildhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2016, 01:53:53 pm
Boo hoo hoo.  You have attacked people for years from your high horse.  Now people are starting to realize those you attacked were right so you're sticking out your lip, packing your toys, and going home.  A simple, "Okay, I admit you guys were right all along" would suffice.

:)
1909/1964/1965/1977

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2016, 01:53:53 pm

+1000

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jim Harris

Quote from: rude1 on December 30, 2016, 01:01:42 pm
This simply isn't true, you don't up the buyout on your own end after a 7-6 season, that's the dumbest thing any AD could possibly do, especially when you figure in that he got no commitment from Bret with an equal buyout.  The contract thrown at Bret is what you see a program do after the coach has had an outstanding season or a couple of good seasons, not a frigging 7-6 season!!!!!

Yeah, but that 7-6 season was more promising than this 7-6 season. ;)
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

k.c.hawg

Quote from: rude1 on December 30, 2016, 01:01:42 pm

It simply is true and is a matter of public record. Any dumbass could look it up. You might not like the fact he got a "contract extension" but the terms of his buyout did not change. Simple math......if he is fired for the university's convenience (Without Cause) he will be paid the amount of his yearly compensation for the number of years left on his contract. So very simply, yearly compensation X years left on contract = buyout. As stated previously.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

porkrindjimmy

Dan Enos has been handcuffed.

PRJ

PonderinHog

Sivad

Quote from: island hog on December 30, 2016, 09:44:02 am
It's extremely difficult to overcome the turnovers ... This team goes as our QB play goes. Period. I really like AA but he's got to improve his decision making.
He's hot and cold. His giveaways killed us last night. Wonder if he'll start in 2017?