Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 06:29:30 am

Today is a bad day

Started by Hog Solo, December 29, 2016, 10:05:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Solo

Football and basketball.  Good god what has happened?

AirWarren

The Boar War

There's a common denominator between the two.

go hogues

Quote from: The Boar War on December 29, 2016, 10:06:06 pm
There's a common denominator between the two.
Fayetteville, Arkansas.

A no man's land of recruiting.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hog Solo

Quote from: go hogues on December 29, 2016, 10:07:14 pm
Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Screw that.  You realize we have won championships here while nwa was whiter right? 

hoghearted

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:09:03 pm
Screw that.  You realize we have won championships here while nwa was whiter right? 
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

AirWarren

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:09:03 pm

1964 hahahahaha. Fake.

Dr. Starcs

I suggest not supporting continued mediocrity anymore financially. The only way the higher ups will listen is when the bottom line is effected.

Basketball, football and baseball if it ever get to that point.

The Boar War

Fayetteville, Arkansas.

That's a convenient excuse.  Recruits will come to Fayetteville.  They have to have a reason to but they will come.

AirWarren

Quote from: The Boar War on December 29, 2016, 10:13:39 pm
That's a convenient excuse.  Recruits will come to Fayetteville.  They have to have a reason to but they will come.

Hammock laying in trees, canoe riding, and "fayettechill" only go so far.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Boar War on December 29, 2016, 10:13:39 pm

Then someone still hasn't given them a reason.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Solo

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:15:13 pm

How many national championships did Arkansas win in cross country and track?  I'll let you deduce the ratio of minorities on those teams and the minorities in nwa while that dynasty was built.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:05:19 pm
Football and basketball.  Good god what has happened?

They both played good competition.  That is what happened.

In the case of Virginia Tech's football team, they are probably better this season than any other SEC football team not named Alabama (yes, this VATech team could probably beat LSU).

The Boar War

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:15:13 pm

As opposed to the bright lights of Opelika and Starkville?  Northwest Arkansas isn't growing 4 star recruits on trees but neither is Northeast Oklahoma and it doesn't seem to be killing OSU.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:18:59 pm
How many national championships did Arkansas win in cross country and track?  I'll let you deduce the ratio of minorities on those teams and the minorities in nwa while that dynasty was built.

The thing is. No one cares about track and cross country.

AirWarren

Quote from: The Boar War on December 29, 2016, 10:21:06 pm
As opposed to the bright lights of Opelika and Starkville?  Northwest Arkansas isn't growing 4 star recruits on trees but neither is Northeast Oklahoma and it doesn't seem to be killing OSU.

Osu kills it in recruiting in Texas. And their coach is a good one with oil money backing. We don't have either.

Nwa money < oil money. Period.

cosmodrum

We went full Arkansas today. We are who the universe thinks we are.
Go away, batin'

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

AirWarren

Neednewcoach

I'm just tired of the same ole same ole. Sometimes it's just hard to be an Arkansas fan. I'm going to bed because tomorrow is a new day.

Hog Solo

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:21:46 pm
The thing is. No one cares about track and cross country.

Not the point.  You said we couldn't get the athletes to the hill, you made it so that we couldn't get people of color to the hill. I posted where we have and have had success of recruiting athletes  to the hill. You sir are despicable beyond means .

AirWarren

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:35:52 pm
Not the point.  You said we couldn't get the athletes to the hill, you made it so that we couldn't get people of color to the hill. I posted where we have and have had success of recruiting athletes  to the hill. You sir are despicable beyond means .

We can't and ever get great football players there in that no man lands. Period.

Hog Solo

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:37:35 pm
We can't and ever get great football players there in that no man lands. Period.

Fine.  That's on coaches not on the location of campus.  Get the right coach and you will get the right outcome.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:40:38 pm
Fine.  That's on coaches not on the location of campus.  Get the right coach and you will get the right outcome.

Since when?

cosmodrum

Move the campus to Marianna and we'd immediately get better at recruiting, with any coach.
Go away, batin'

hogsfan31

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:34:13 pm
Not to everyone. Hold on tight to that 64 crap. Ain't coming back.

Not "holding" on to it. You claim the title wasn't real, but it is. Just because it wasn't the AP title, it still exists. Saban sure accepted their trophy a few years back. http://www.timesdaily.com/archives/nick-saban-accepts-national-championship-trophies/image_57b9b906-32d8-5240-8c70-8a37e927eae0.html
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Boar War

Quote from: hogsfan31 on December 29, 2016, 10:42:27 pm
Fire Jeff Long

That's the common denominator I was referring to.  Average results are celebrated.  7-6 seasons seem like real accomplishments.  One NCAA tournament appearance in five years is rewarded with a contract extension.

Hog Solo

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 29, 2016, 10:41:48 pm
Move the campus to Marianna and we'd immediately get better at recruiting, with any coach.

Lordy..  College sports truly depends on the coach.  Again look at the track and cross country program. This is Arkansas but we are getting championships in both in this obese state?  insane.  Get a coach that can win games and be a leader here and we can win games in football again.  Leadership is truly lacking.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:48:28 pm
Lordy..  College sports truly depends on the coach.  Again look at the track and cross country program. This is Arkansas but we are getting championships in both in this obese state?  insane.  Get a coach that can win games and be a leader here and we can win games in football again.  Leadership is truly lacking.

Fayetteville is Mars to the recruits we want.
Go away, batin'

TulsaJack32

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 29, 2016, 10:11:40 pm
I suggest not supporting continued mediocrity anymore financially. The only way the higher ups will listen is when the bottom line is effected.

Basketball, football and baseball if it ever get to that point.

At any other school I would agree with you but no one is going to basketball games and we are still in the same spot. 

lasthog

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:26:07 pm
Osu kills it in recruiting in Texas. And their coach is a good one with oil money backing. We don't have either.

Nwa money < oil money. Period.

The Waltons spill more than Boone Pickens has.  But I like Boone, and he's doing alright.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 10:10:33 pm
1964 hahahahaha. Fake.

Since the OP mentioned basketball too how bout 1994?

That real enough for ya?
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 29, 2016, 11:23:28 pm
Since the OP mentioned basketball too how bout 1994?

That real enough for ya?

A lot more real than 64.

RazorWest

Quote from: lasthog on December 29, 2016, 11:17:47 pm
The Waltons spill more than Boone Pickens has.  But I like Boone, and he's doing alright.

Yes, but the Walton's could care less about U of A athletics.  Boone loves him some OSU sports.  People seem to talk about Wal-Mart, Tyson, and JB Hunt like they are the financial backing to the Athletic program.  They all give millions to the education at the U of A, but not really to the athletic program.

AirWarren

Quote from: RazorWest on December 30, 2016, 07:59:05 am
Yes, but the Walton's could care less about U of A athletics.  Boone loves him some OSU sports.  People seem to talk about Wal-Mart, Tyson, and JB Hunt like they are the financial backing to the Athletic program.  They all give millions to the education at the U of A, but not really to the athletic program.

Why would they? It's been a joke for decades.

Hogarusa

Hogs were underdogs in both games as unranked teams playing ranked teams. It blows, especially after that 24-0 lead, but I dont think it requires a history breakdown of
minorities living in NWA.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Razorbackers

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 30, 2016, 08:18:40 am
Hogs were underdogs in both games as unranked teams playing ranked teams. It blows, especially after that 24-0 lead, but I dont think it requires a history breakdown of
minorities living in NWA.

See you got the quick twitch muscle fibers...

Cobbler

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 29, 2016, 10:20:49 pm
They both played good competition.  That is what happened.

In the case of Virginia Tech's football team, they are probably better this season than any other SEC football team not named Alabama (yes, this VATech team could probably beat LSU).

Tennessee smoked them earlier this year.

Redhogs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:17:10 pm
Then someone still hasn't given them a reason.
How about the idiots doing the recruiting? Been to Auburn lately? Or half the SEC college towns, no better than Fayetteville.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 10:48:28 pm
Thank you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogpowr

Welcome Coach Bielema!

Ironhawg

Fayetteville, Arkansas.

If this is the truth then Arkansas needs to get out of the SEC and go to a conference where it can actually compete, like maybe Conference USA.

woodhog14

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2016, 07:51:20 am
A lot more real than 64.

Why are you a Razorback fan? Seriously? You bitch about everything with the program, want more games in LR for some reason. You are miserable. Go be a fan of some other team.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Redhogs on December 30, 2016, 09:28:22 am
How about the idiots doing the recruiting? Been to Auburn lately? Or half the SEC college towns, no better than Fayetteville.

Kids, by and large, are attracted to traditionally rich programs close to home.  We offer neither.  Most really aren't too concerned about the pretty campus.  Not hard to figure that out.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HS25driver

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 29, 2016, 11:03:36 pm
Fayetteville is Mars to the recruits we want.
Alex Collins say Hi

-phil

AirWarren

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 30, 2016, 09:48:12 am
Why are you a Razorback fan? Seriously? You bitch about everything with the program, want more games in LR for some reason. You are miserable. Go be a fan of some other team.

Dude. Don't get upset.

lasthog

Quote from: RazorWest on December 30, 2016, 07:59:05 am

I'm sure you're correct.

I was responding to a very negative human that was running down all things Razorback, including NWA.

Wasting my time, I know..

Dirty

Just need Ice Cube to change his lyrics.