Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well that was an ugly loss

Started by Lanny, December 29, 2016, 09:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Quote from: gchamblee on December 29, 2016, 11:22:12 pm

of coure not. im just pulling stuff out of my butt like you are. however, this awesome job was vacated by an lite coach and you act like he proved they should be lining up for the job. so where were they? can you explain why none came knocking?

Petrino did not vacate the job. Boosters who wanted more access to the  program and an AD intimidated by a coach made a big deal of the Jessica crap to get rid of the best coach on the planet. They purposely made screwing a hot blonde a public fiasco to rid themselves of Petrino. Winning programs sweep that under the rug. Embrace mediocrity folks.

lechon

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 29, 2016, 11:30:12 pm
Petrino did not vacate the job. Boosters who wanted more access to the  program and an AD intimidated by a coach made a big deal of the Jessica crap to get rid of the best coach on the planet. They purposely made screwing a hot blonde a public fiasco to rid themselves of Petrino. Winning programs sweep that under the rug. Embrace mediocrity folks.

Hot? maybe average at best
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

EastexHawg

I don't know about best on the planet, but when we made the decision to fire Petrino over that situation a lot of us knew we were self imposing the death penalty.  12-28 in SEC play since shows we were right.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: lechon on December 29, 2016, 11:41:50 pm
Hot? maybe average at best

It was Petrino. She was a 6 ft blonde 25 yr old with a tight bod. To him she was smoking !

ImHogginIt

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 29, 2016, 11:43:52 pm
I don't know about best on the planet, but when we made the decision to fire Petrino over that situation a lot of us knew we were self imposing the death penalty.  12-28 in SEC play since shows we were right.

Yes sir. And people want to give us crap about it  ;D

BigSexyHog

CBB is a loser.  Always has been always will be
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Atlhogfan1

Petrino would have had he remained coach with the 2012 and 13 defenses. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 29, 2016, 11:50:33 pm

Bull

EastexHawg

Pretty easy to claim, but impossible to prove.  All we know for sure about any coach is what he actually did/does.

Razor1997

We should just learn to be happy with an 8 or 9 win season.

Petrino getting us to finish at #5, with our butts thoroughly whipped by #'s 1 and 2 but wins over everyone else we faced, is as good as it will ever get for us, and it probably won't ever be that good again.

jgphillips3

Bielema's two best defenses were made up off those Petrino players. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 30, 2016, 12:18:04 am

People don't want to accept the truth

RME

Ring-a-ding. People rave about the 2014 defense. Whose players were those again? The guy who left the cupboard bare?

Yeah, the cupboard's been stocked full since then, hasn't it?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 30, 2016, 12:23:35 am
Ring-a-ding. People rave about the 2014 defense. Whose players were those again? The guy who left the cupboard bare?

Yeah, the cupboard's been stocked full since then, hasn't it?

Screw the Petrino haters. They deserve Bielema.

Atlhogfan1

Best?   Relative description I guess.  The 14 defense was made to look good by playing some ** qbs the last half of the season. 

The defense was dropping off in 12 and 13. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RME

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:26:44 am
Best?   Relative description I guess.  The 14 defense was made to look good by playing some ** qbs the last half of the season. 

The defense was dropping off in 12 and 13.

Yeah, because Frank statistics and rankings right?

Weren't we almost one of the worst defense statistically this year? Guess it was only because we were playing really good QBs.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 12:26:31 am
Screw the Petrino haters. They deserve Bielema.

Don't hate Petrino. Not stupid enough to dream about what he was going to do at Arkansas because he wasn't. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 30, 2016, 12:29:06 am
Yeah, because Frank statistics and rankings right?

Weren't we almost one of the worst defense statistically this year? Guess it was only because we were playing really good QBs.

?   Yes we were. What does that have to do with the decline that was coming in 12 and 13?

RME

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:30:33 am
?   Yes we were. What does that have to do with the decline that was coming in 12 and 13?

Are we really gonna start talking about defenses from 3 and 4 seasons ago? As if that isn't enough time to flip darn around?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 30, 2016, 12:31:49 am
Are we really gonna start talking about defenses from 3 and 4 seasons ago? As if that isn't enough time to flip darn around?

I didn't bring up BP. Talk to the posters who did. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:29:08 am
Don't hate Petrino. Not stupid enough to dream about what he was going to do at Arkansas because he wasn't.

I bet he would have averaged 10 wins each of the past 4 years. Maybe have beaten Bama once. That's a whole lot better than fat boy will ever do. Fat boy will never win 10

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 12:34:33 am
I bet he would have averaged 10 wins each of the past 4 years. Maybe have beaten Bama once. That's a whole lot better than fat boy will ever do. Fat boy will never win 10 at Arkiesaw

Laughable. But the humor is needed tonight. Don't join Ben and Guv. 

mckinneyhog5

Fire long and hire the best AD out there then let him hire the best coach available who wants the Arkansas job. After all that we'll be back in 5 years discussing the poor sucker who took the job and can we afford his buyout. Rinse, wash, repeat.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:35:58 am
Laughable. But the humor is needed tonight. Don't join Ben and Guv.

So you are a fan than believes we can never have 10 win seasons at Arkiesaw on a consistent basis ? Personally other than Petrino I believe Gus could do that. And believe me I don't care for Gus The Baptist, Hell I despise all Baptists, but I would love to see him as our HC  :-* :-* :-*

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 12:41:18 am
So you are a fan than believes we can never have 10 win seasons at Arkiesaw on a consistent basis ? Personally other than Petrino I believe Gus could do that. And believe me I don't care for Gus The Baptist, Hell I despise all Baptists, but I would love to see him as our HC  :-* :-* :-*

Changing your statement?   We can have 10+ win seasons.  We will at some point.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:44:49 am
Changing your statement?   We can have 10+ win seasons.  We will at some point.

Perhaps I'm misreading your post

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 12:46:37 am
Perhaps I'm misreading your post

I believe it is laughable to think BP would have avg 10 wins over last 4 seasons.  He probably would have won 10 again at Ark at some point. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 29, 2016, 10:22:30 pm
We are an SEC school that Petrino proved could be a top 5 team. We can do better. We need a real AD first. A Pepsi loving AD is not who we need making hires.
Hey, I like Pepsi!

In all seriousness Va Tech played horrible the first half and we played horrible the second half.  If Morgan actually scores on that bomb I bet we win the game.  Regardless the offense did absolutely nothing the second half outside of that play and we could not run the ball in either half.  The difference in the first half is the line blocked for Allen.  On defense we are just not very good as we saw all year.  Va Tech would beat us 4 out of 5 times IMO.  Now Mizzou is another story.  We are better than them for sure. 

Maybe I'm a "glass half full" guy but I still think we will be better next year.  We have to be able to run the ball at least a little against good teams and of course improve the defense.  That is the top priority.

wachhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 12:34:33 am
I bet he would have averaged 10 wins each of the past 4 years. Maybe have beaten Bama once. That's a whole lot better than fat boy will ever do. Fat boy will never win 10
I was at that game tonight, sitting 10 rows behind the bench and Fat Boy. Wonder if he knows how stupid he looks in that get-up he wears? Especially the red pants. Geeez, what an embarrassment!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2016, 12:49:21 am
I believe it is laughable to think BP would have avg 10 wins over last 4 seasons.  He probably would have won 10 again at Ark at some point.

I believe he would have averaged 10 wins and given Saban fits most years and win 1 out of 4. I would take that any day over Bielema's average.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 30, 2016, 12:56:12 am
Hey, I like Pepsi!

In all seriousness Va Tech played horrible the first half and we played horrible the second half.  If Morgan actually scores on that bomb I bet we win the game.  Regardless the offense did absolutely nothing the second half outside of that play and we could not run the ball in either half.  The difference in the first half is the line blocked for Allen.  On defense we are just not very good as we saw all year.  Va Tech would beat us 4 out of 5 times IMO.  Now Mizzou is another story.  We are better than them for sure. 

Maybe I'm a "glass half full" guy but I still think we will be better next year.  We have to be able to run the ball at least a little against good teams and of course improve the defense.  That is the top priority.

I would like to think you were right but we had a lot of SR's on this team on both sides of the ball. If we had a lot of young talent that could do better they would have been out there tonight. Our future is bleak under CBB.

gchamblee

lol ok nm. had no idea you were cray cray

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 01:11:42 am
I believe he would have averaged 10 wins and given Saban fits most years and win 1 out of 4. I would take that any day over Bielema's average.

If you want to run him down, that's cool.  At least get the facts straight.  BB came closer to beating Bama than Petrino did, and minus one game for each coach, Bama has owned us...not even close games.  If you're going to find something to allude to by making Petrino far superior to BB, that's not the place to make your case. 

As fans, what we have to do is support the players, and our coach.  You can disagree, but he's not going anywhere with a $15.4 M buyout.  You can whine, complain, cuss, and let it ruin your day every day, but even if you were willing to write the check for the buyout, I think there are people in place who still want to see how this plays out long term.  They want to see how longevity will pan out.  I don't think it will get much better, but I also understand their desires when you look at the potential hires that we could attract.  Especially for what it would cost now in the competitive salary range, and AFTER we will have taken a $15.4 M hit.  The only way he goes anywhere is on his own accord, because he's young and has something to prove, and believes this is no longer the place to do it....or if he has a few losing seasons with 4-5 wins, attendance drops dramatically, and the cost of his exit seems more logical in lieu of losing revenue through lost fan interest.   

Arkansas, minus a brief period in the 60's, has never proven to be a powerhouse in football.  We have to have upper classmen, a few difference makers, and a great coach to rise up and compete with the big boys.  Can that change, and can we become a recruiting juggernaut and build a team with depth and talent that competes at the highest level every year?  The deck is stacked against us, but I do still believe we can jump up and compete at the highest level a time or two every decade, and be above average the remainder of the time.  I'm not convinced we have the coach in place to do that currently...we'll know in the next two seasons.

What we do know is...a top coach matters.  Michigan is a great example with Harbaugh, and so is Washington with Petersen.  Both are on the rise, and both have top flight coaches that came in when the chips were down, and they turned them both around seemingly overnight.  I have no idea if we can lure a coach of anywhere near that caliber, but unless something unexpected happens based on what I've seen thus far, I guess we'll find out.         
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 30, 2016, 01:36:51 am
If you want to run him down, that's cool.  At least get the facts straight.  BB came closer to beating Bama than Petrino did, and minus one game for each coach, Bama has owned us...not even close games.  If you're going to find something to allude to by making Petrino far superior to BB, that's not the place to make your case. 

As fans, what we have to do is support the players, and our coach.  You can disagree, but he's not going anywhere with a $15.4 M buyout.  You can whine, complain, cuss, and let it ruin your day every day, but even if you were willing to write the check for the buyout, I think there are people in place who still want to see how this plays out long term.  They want to see how longevity will pan out.  I don't think it will get much better, but I also understand their desires when you look at the potential hires that we could attract.  Especially for what it would cost now in the competitive salary range, and AFTER we will have taken a $15.4 M hit.  The only way he goes anywhere is on his own accord, because he's young and has something to prove, and believes this is no longer the place to do it....or if he has a few losing seasons with 4-5 wins, attendance drops dramatically, and the cost of his exit seems more logical in lieu of losing revenue through lost fan interest.   

Arkansas, minus a brief period in the 60's, has never proven to be a powerhouse in football.  We have to have upper classmen, a few difference makers, and a great coach to rise up and compete with the big boys.  Can that change, and can we become a recruiting juggernaut and build a team with depth and talent that competes at the highest level every year?  The deck is stacked against us, but I do still believe we can jump up and compete at the highest level a time or two every decade, and be above average the remainder of the time.  I'm not convinced we have the coach in place to do that currently...we'll know in the next two seasons.

What we do know is...a top coach matters.  Michigan is a great example with Harbaugh, and so is Washington with Petersen.  Both are on the rise, and both have top flight coaches that came in when the chips were down, and they turned them both around seemingly overnight.  I have no idea if we can lure a coach of anywhere near that caliber, but unless something unexpected happens based on what I've seen thus far, I guess we'll find out.         

Facts support Petrino as the superior coach. The only thing keeping Bielema here is fans that accept him as our best option. Any fan that supports him accepts mediocrity in the same way fans accepted Nutt. When the powers that be see that the fan base has turned he will be gone. Those of you making excuses are responsible for his continued employment.

moses_007

I think Jeff Long offered the job to Petersen, and he turned it down.  I've wished many times Bielema had never written that handwritten letter to Long.  We clearly have the wrong football coach, ladies and gentlemen, and we can't even run him off (like we did Nutt... ) because of Long's stupidity in putting such a huge buyout in his contract.

Jeff Long is great at building facilities, but he hasn't proven worth his salary in hiring head coaches.

3kgthog

After going all day and night at work without knowing the score, I wish I hadn't bothered coming home and watching that embarrassment.

NOW you BB supporters see what kind of coach you've got.  Bielema has a weak minded team being lead by one hell of an average coach.

Keep your 1-0 and uncommon bullcrap gimmicks used to disguise his common coaching. Stop telling me how wonderful he is because of graduation rates. If you truly care about that, go thank the real leaders of young men and women. They're called professors. They'd probably appreciate you changing your football donations to the academic side.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2016, 01:16:24 am
I would like to think you were right but we had a lot of SR's on this team on both sides of the ball. If we had a lot of young talent that could do better they would have been out there tonight. Our future is bleak under CBB.

An example of what you said is moving a second year defensive lineman to starting offensive guard because the Olinemen you recruited weren't as good. This has baffled me all year. Really? All these guys you recruited and they can't beat out basically a trainee.? And I'm not knocking the kid. He's improved. The point is we shouldn't have had to make that move.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: Razor1997 on December 30, 2016, 12:16:27 am
We should just learn to be happy with an 8 or 9 win season.

we've had an 8 win season once in the last five years.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 30, 2016, 10:24:35 am
we've had an 8 win season once in the last five years.

Folks it was mistake to get rid of Petrino if you want top ten type teams.  Petrino was a little on the sleeze , lets face it he was. I myself could have lived with it, most fans couldn't.

I've worked in and around the good ol U of A and believe me there a lot of sleeze to go around up there.  Most folks live in some dream like ivory tower where they think all is fine and well, when it really isn't. All that being said the program is what it is.
not much change anywhere in near future should be expected either.

most times you get what you pay for, maybe not just yet with BB ?
go hogs go !

AirWarren

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:19:01 pm
Who in the world would we get to replace BB?  It would be an up and comer at best.  Probably too early for that just yet.

How about P.J. Fleck at Western Michigan?

HotlantaHog

Pete Carroll comes to mind as one of many who wanted the Arkansas job over the years and didn't get it...

Dabo Swinney came out of nowhere and has Clemson in the final 4 two years in a row.

With the right coach, and Arkansas's tradition, there is no doubt we can do better than this. But I agree with the posters who say they are not sure Jeff Long has it in him to pick the right coach.

EastexHawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 30, 2016, 12:38:31 am
Fire long and hire the best AD out there then let him hire the best coach available who wants the Arkansas job. After all that we'll be back in 5 years discussing the poor sucker who took the job and can we afford his buyout. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Keep doing what we're doing and don't try something different because it might not work.  Seems like a solid plan to me.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: coolbreeze3279 on December 29, 2016, 10:37:27 pm
I disagree... but yes we might have won/lost some we shouldn't have.

Average recruiting ranking last five years:  VT 29th in the nation.  Arkansas 24.5 in the nation.  I know it's not an exact science, but how can you say that they have more talent than us? No statistic bears that out.  We had as good or better talent on the field last night that got outplayed and out coached, both last night and in the Mizzou game.  Whatever else you take away from that is up to you, but I don't see how that can be disputed. We may not have the talent to consistently compete with Alabama, but we have as much or more talent that VT.  We just got out "adjusted" and out played.