Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well that was an ugly loss

Started by Lanny, December 29, 2016, 09:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I don't understand the 2nd half collapse this year.  I have been saying all year this is a very slow team.  Bielema may be a fun person to visit with but his recruiting and motivation is beyond horrible. 

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RebelliousHog

i have remained neutral during all this, but something has to be done. New coaches, new AD. Whatever it takes. The annoucers mentioned BB standing alone on the siderline. Here's what bothers me. Do you think Saban would be just standing there? Would azny coach just stand there.? I'm like many. I don't know if I can watch this anymore.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

dhizzle

Yep needs to be some butt chewing sometimes.

EastexHawg

Yes, but the thought of Long hiring his replacement is at least as scary as keeping Bielema.  Frying pan...fire.

lutherheggs

I would like to be in Wilsonhog's living room now. I'm sure he has torn up all of his Razorback memorabilia and is maybe a hour away from wishing he had not. Would be a great hour to watch the meltdown!

JOKERHOG

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 29, 2016, 09:12:05 pm
Yes, but the thought of Long hiring his replacement is at least as scary as keeping Bielema.  Frying pan...fire.

That scares me too.  Long and BB need to be fired at the same time and the new AD hire the new FBall coach.  Long benefitted from giving us a self imposed death penalty.  Time for someone else to employee him
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hoggie17

Giving Long another chance at hiring a HC is scary.

grayhawg

With about 1/2 of what we are paying the coaches we could probably buy some good players. Then take the other 1/2 and improve the coaching staff.

Beaverfever

Don't tell the guys on the recruiting board that BB's recruiting has been awful.  They'll lash out at you.

GTOWNHOG

It was an UGLY season.... I fear that 2017 will be more of the same....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Atlhogfan1

Embarrassing to lose to espn whore frauds after being up 24 at half.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Prestworthy

Poker_hog

Bert thought alverez was holding him back when it was actually the opposite
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Redhogs

They both need to be run out of town on a rail...yesterday. No wait, time for raises all around, and let's up that buy out while we are at it.. that's what's required when you are building it the "right" way. ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawghiggs

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 29, 2016, 09:26:28 pm
He may be.  Took wrong job at wrong time.

Never miss a chance to run down the Razorbacks program.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Lanny on December 29, 2016, 09:01:26 pm
I don't understand the 2nd half collapse this year.  I have been saying all year this is a very slow team.  Bielema may be a fun person to visit with but his recruiting and motivation is beyond horrible. 

As the old sayin goes "players play and coaches coach " In the second half of the last two ball games nither one has occurred . You would have thought after Mizzou we might have learned...nada , not a drop.

A few things noticeable in both. We are not mentally tough, not alabama mental tough on either side of the ball. The defensive coordinator has to go with out question, they guy has no plan. Enos need to get a drift about protecting back field. We have no running game tonight at all, simply zilch ?

halftime talks and speeches or what the hell needs to change and in a hurry. you could go in there and talk  about how to kill roaches, etc and do better.

These last two games is as bad as it gets folks ?? the bowl 2nd half meltdown was five weeks after mizzou 2nd half no show.

stop the rant, back to notables >  take care of the ball, take care of the ball, take care of the ball !!!

My advice , whom nobody cares to hear. is I would go home get out the strongest drink, cry, scream, cuss, break some dishes and take a long hard look at my ugly self in the mirror and say WTFJH ?

Then tomorrow I would call the asst coaches. send them into a room alone and have them write their fail this year, the players fail this year. I would call in the players and tell them the same, their fails, the coaches fails.

I would summarize all the info, drop scholies, drop coaches that are not pulling their weight. I would apologize to my school, my fans, my family and take personal oath, if I can't improve this by next year, I would get the hell out of dodge on my own.
go hogs go !

coolbreeze3279

You can say it was an Arkansas 2nd half meltdown but I think it was a VT 1st half meltdown..  JMO.  Now, recruiting might have been a miss. Until Arkansas gets better talent on the field,  it will be very tough for us fans. Motivation?  Maybe

hawg IQ

Quote from: coolbreeze3279 on December 29, 2016, 09:59:01 pm
You can say it was an Arkansas 2nd half meltdown but I think it was a VT 1st half meltdown..  JMO.  Now, recruiting might have been a miss. Until Arkansas gets better talent on the field,  it will be very tough for us fans. Motivation?  Maybe
did you watch the same game I saw
go hogs go !

coolbreeze3279

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 29, 2016, 10:00:13 pm
did you watch the same game I saw

Yes.. once they got pressure they brought the heat.  What do you think we could have done different coach?

Tejano Jawg

Well, I'm about ready to roll the dice on that one.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Bubba's Bruisers

Who in the world would we get to replace BB?  It would be an up and comer at best.  Probably too early for that just yet.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: coolbreeze3279 on December 29, 2016, 09:59:01 pm

Tonight, like AU and MO games, wasn't about lack of talent.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hogist

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:19:01 pm
Who in the world would we get to replace BB?  It would be an up and comer at best.  Probably too early for that just yet.

Literally anyone

ImHogginIt

We are an SEC school that Petrino proved could be a top 5 team. We can do better. We need a real AD first. A Pepsi loving AD is not who we need making hires.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

They get way ahead, start playing conservatively which allows the other team to start making plays, then they panic and start falling apart.   Wash rinse and repeat.

When Austin gets that exasperated look on his face, the wheels are about to come off.

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 29, 2016, 10:22:30 pm
We are an SEC school that Petrino proved could be a top 5 team. We can do better. We need a real AD first. A Pepsi loving AD is not who we need making hires.

Sure, Petrino could. Now who are we going to get on his level?  I mean us getting him was petty much a fluke.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time.  Dude was desperate and would have taken any major college job available in an effort to get out of Atlanta.  Now if only that's repeatable.

cosmodrum

We take on the personality of our HC. Fired up, playing lights out, then one pop in the mouth we fold our arms and pout in the corner.
Go away, batin'

coolbreeze3279

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:20:33 pm
Tonight, like AU and MO games, wasn't about lack of talent.

I disagree... but yes we might have won/lost some we shouldn't have.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Hire me. I'll come stand on the sidelines and stare off in space for less than half of what he's making.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GoHogs1091

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on December 29, 2016, 09:19:37 pm
It was an UGLY season.... I fear that 2017 will be more of the same....

Bielema getting out-coached by Barry Odom is all that needs to be known about this season.

Not surprising that Bielema got out-coached by Justin Fuente.

Serious attention to coaching and preparation is more important than a reality t.v. show, more important than going to Justin Moore concerts, and more important than tweeting recipes.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:29:29 pm
Sure, Petrino could. Now who are we going to get on his level?  I mean us getting him was petty much a fluke.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time.  Dude was desperate and would have taken any major college job available in an effort to get out of Atlanta.  Now if only that's repeatable.

Well we know Bielema is not the answer. Hell... Nutt was better than CBB. There are coaches that would love an SEC job. Petrino proved you can win at Arkansas. Fans that don't think we can get a damn good coach suffer from AID ( Arkansas Inferiority Complex )

alohawg

The biggest problem with this team is mental, mentally fragile vs mentally tough. This is squarely on the coaches.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

reddogjcss

There's not a doubt in my mind that Fry was reason Wisconsin has a winning program, it was not Coach B.
He wanted away from Hayden telling him what to do and now he's wishing Hayden would tell him what and how to do it.
You do the same thing over and over you will get the same results. Stupidity.
5 losses was the same melt down, and no changes what so ever.
Something has to change and I really don't think Coach B can change.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: reddogjcss on December 29, 2016, 10:49:56 pm
There's not a doubt in my mind that Fry was reason Wisconsin has a winning program, it was not Coach B.
He wanted away from Hayden telling him what to do and now he's wishing Hayden would tell him what and how to do it.

Fry? Germans?  ;)

Just kidding, I know you meant Barry Alvarez
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ImHogginIt

Quote from: reddogjcss on December 29, 2016, 10:49:56 pm

Alvarez... not Fry

pigture perfect

The difference between aTm and the Razorbacks? An Aggie fizzles out at the end of the year and the Hogs flame out at the end of games.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on December 29, 2016, 10:24:25 pm
They get way ahead, start playing conservatively which allows the other team to start making plays, then they panic and start falling apart.   Wash rinse and repeat.

When Austin gets that exasperated look on his face, the wheels are about to come off.
This is pretty accurate, AA has a huge problem with emotions!

WashUhog6

I had that same thought watching Jim Grobe on the sidelines for Baylor the other night. I can easily understand the Bielema hiring even though I had to make myself try to learn and like it, but the attempts at Tommy Bowden and Jim Grobe have me afraid of what would come next.

I think you can put those 3 together and see exactly the kind of coach Long looks for. Even Bielema is a bit of an outlier with that group because, like him or not, he was very successful at Wisconsin--I just didn't really think he was a good fit at Arkansas, and I'm sure that's something I'll continue to wait on since he's not going anywhere for a while. Those 3, however, all share that they are experienced head coaches at P5 schools with 2 of the 3 being proven mediocre at best commodities. Again, Bielema's resume packs a lot more punch than Bowden or Grobe, so I'm not saying they're all the same. But I do think it shows that Long highly values head coaching experience at large schools, even if their results aren't much to write home about.

If Long were in charge of another coaching search, I'm sure he'd be looking for similar candidates and we'd probably come up with something much closer to Grobe and Bowden than Bielema, unfortunately. Bielema has been frustrating, to say the least, but I'd much rather stick with him than end up with another coach in that archetype.

Bebop

gchamblee

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 29, 2016, 10:47:43 pm
Well we know Bielema is not the answer. Hell... Nutt was better than CBB. There are coaches that would love an SEC job. Petrino proved you can win at Arkansas. Fans that don't think we can get a damn good coach suffer from AID ( Arkansas Inferiority Complex )

if this is true, why werent they lining up for the job after we fired petrino? i mean, petrino proved we can be elite, recruited a crap load of elite skill position talent, already started the winning and then vacated the job leaving it open for any elite coach that wanted it....... yet none wanted it. hmmm.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Prestworthy on December 29, 2016, 09:23:38 pm
CBB is a good coach guys.

He's a good guy. He's a very average coach. His coaching record clearly shows that

ImHogginIt

Quote from: gchamblee on December 29, 2016, 11:17:29 pm
if this is true, why werent they lining up for the job after we fired petrino? i mean, petrino proved we can be elite, recruited a crap load of elite skill position talent, already started the winning and then vacated the job leaving it open for any elite coach that wanted it....... yet none wanted it. hmmm.

Hmmmmm.... and you have proof of who was on little Jeffie's coaching list ?

gchamblee

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 29, 2016, 11:20:04 pm

Hmmmmm.... and you have proof of who was on little Jeffie's coaching list ?

of coure not. im just pulling stuff out of my butt like you are. however, this awesome job was vacated by an lite coach and you act like he proved they should be lining up for the job. so where were they? can you explain why none came knocking?

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:29:29 pm

49ers not looking too hot

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: gchamblee on December 29, 2016, 11:22:12 pm

of coure not. im just pulling stuff out of my butt like you are. however, this awesome job was vacated by an lite coach and you act like he proved they should be lining up for the job. so where were they? can you explain why none came knocking?

You'd be surprised at the coaches who secretly were interested.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JOKERHOG

Quote from: gchamblee on December 29, 2016, 11:17:29 pm

We don't know who wanted it but we know who JL hired

gchamblee

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 29, 2016, 11:25:11 pm
We don't know who wanted it but we know who JL hired

so you dont know, but youre pretty sure long skipped over elite coaches to hire bret. got it :)

EastexHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on December 29, 2016, 11:22:12 pm

You have no idea who would or wouldn't have been interested in the job.  Look, we get it.  Like many, you have painted yourself into the "Long made all the right moves, including hiring Bielema" corner and you're never going to give the people who said we were headed for a half decade or more of mediocrity the satisfaction of admitting they were right.