Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Half time adjustments

Started by RebelW, December 29, 2016, 08:29:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

The opponent makes changes and we remain the same.. Happens every game.

RedRock

Game after game after game after game. Never ends.

rhames

I mean they just can't turn the ball over. Had nothing much to do with adjustments

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hog Solo

Quote from: RebelW on December 29, 2016, 08:29:31 pm

We don't remain the same but regress to a sun belt level team afraid of their own shadow.

The Kig

This wasn't about halftime adjustments.  VA Tech didn't do ANYTHING that made the outcome different.   We simply came put and shat the bed.  Nothing more, nothing less. 
Poker Porker

buldozer

Its time for the university to make an adjustment

elksnort

What are these changes that were made?

hawgtime

I have been saying that for two years now. If we need adjustments, they don't happen. you can clearly see the other teams doing it and then leap frogging us for the wins!

elksnort

What adjustments?
What was needed?

go hogues

Quote from: hawgtime on December 29, 2016, 08:43:43 pm
I have been saying that for two years now. If we need adjustments, they don't happen. you can clearly see the other teams doing it and then leap frogging us for the wins!
Easier to adjust when your talent are 4 and 5 stars vs. 2 and 3 stars.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

WorfHog

WE DON'T MAKE ANY. THIS STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED.

elksnort

Quote from: WorfHog on December 29, 2016, 08:46:21 pm
but I'm asking you what adjustments needs to be made

Redhogs

Quote from: RedRock on December 29, 2016, 08:30:52 pm
Game after game after game after game. Never ends.
And it never will end, until the swamp of losers is drained.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

elksnort

But yet no one has explained what adjustments needed to be made

rhames

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2016, 08:47:02 pm

No answer because it's a knee jerk reaction. We just can't turn the ball over. Period

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 08:32:36 pm
I mean they just can't turn the ball over. Had nothing much to do with adjustments

Really? How good did Bud Fosters Defense play in the second half. How many sacks? Allen running for his life. Running game stuffed both halves and our coaches didn't appear to have a clue as to why. Turnovers cost games but so does a lack of coaching and adjustments.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog Pharm

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2016, 08:54:33 pm

Because you don't need adjustments with a 24 point lead

elksnort

I know one thing we never ran the ball very well and once the passing game was taken away we had nothing

EastexHawg

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 08:55:31 pm

No answer because it's a knee jerk reaction. We just can't turn the ball over. Period

You mean like Virginia Tech did in the first half?  That excuse ain't gonna cut it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 08:32:36 pm

How many times did we run the ball in the second half? We were up 24 points. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog Pharm on December 29, 2016, 08:57:05 pm
Because you don't need adjustments with a 24 point lead

Mizzou and VT says thank you...........

Also a lack of second half fire is to blame. Guess who is held responsible for that lacking.........that's right the coaches.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WorfHog

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2016, 08:47:02 pm

We need to adjust the entire coaching staff.

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2016, 08:56:20 pm
Really? How good did Bud Fosters Defense play in the second half. How many sacks? Allen running for his life. Running game stuffed both halves and our coaches didn't appear to have a clue as to why. Turnovers cost games but so does a lack of coaching and adjustments.

The running game was being stuffed all night.  The turnovers we had were bone headed plays on our end of the field. Even if we punt instead of turning over we pin then back and don't give them the short field.

It's as simple as that.

bollweevil

Yes, Bud Foster's defensive staff did make adjustments.  In the first half, Va Tech played it pretty straight and close to the vest defensively. In the second half, they blitzed from every angle, took Austin completely out of his game, made him rush throws and forced interceptions. Offensively, they went to quicker passes to negate our pass rush, which was pretty effective in the first half. But coming apart in the second half, which we've done our last two games, is about more than halftime adjustments. It's about an attitude and mindset. It's about instilling a competitive fire in our players and creating a mental toughness that seems to be missing. I've been willing to give Bret Bielema the benefit of the doubt considering the state of the program he inherited. But enough is enough.

Redhogs

Quote from: The Kig on December 29, 2016, 08:36:22 pm
This wasn't about halftime adjustments.  VA Tech didn't do ANYTHING that made the outcome different.   We simply came put and shat the bed.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Ah...the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. This has become the most pitiful program in the SEC..BAR NONE. Until this clueless wind bag is done roaming our sidelines, I won't go to or watch another game. Why would a SANE person continue to subject themselves to the incompetence now running the program...they wouldn't. I'm sick of the team I love being nationally ridiculed year after year, it's just easier to ignore them until major changes are made. When being a fan becomes anger and frustration, it's time to spend your time and money on other things. Hope you seven wins a year guys are happy...enjoy.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

EastexHawg

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2016, 08:58:32 pm
I know one thing we never ran the ball very well and once the passing game was taken away we had nothing

The passing game was taken away?  Was that coaching...or dare I say an adjustment...on the part of Virginia Tech?

Ex-Trumpet

None.  None needed to be made.  Second half was perfect.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

elksnort

Not being able to run the ball killed us.
Also, our offensive line, as a unit, is C level.

kodiakisland

I just wonder what we do at halftime.  I'm picturing hookers and blow, and then we have no desire to play anymore.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TNRazorbacker

The problem is halftime isn't long enough. If it was a month we'd have had this one.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 09:00:24 pm

The running game was being stuffed all night.  The turnovers we had were bone headed plays on our end of the field. Even if we punt instead of turning over we pin then back and don't give them the short field.

It's as simple as that.

I mentioned the running game for both halves. That doesn't explain VTs offensive production in the second half. It is obvious their players were more motivated and wanted it more in the second half and they adjusted and we didn't.
One thing I've learned in all businesses I've worked for is don't rest on you laurels. You can't just beat your competition for the first half of the year. You have to beat them both.

HawgcallWPS

When you lose the second half over the course of the season by 100 points you are getting out coached. Large enough sample size I think. Hillary Clinton knows how to manage a 2nd half better than BB.

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2016, 09:06:06 pm
I mentioned the running game for both halves. That doesn't explain VTs offensive production in the second half. It is obvious their players were more motivated and wanted it more in the second half.
One thing I've learned in all businesses I've worked for is don't rest on you laurels. You can't just beat your competition for the first half of the year. You have to beat them both.

Their production came from having a short filed to work from as opposed to starting at their own 15 or 20.

Not to mention the one quick turnover after their score with the screen pass.

Arkansas doesn't turn the ball over 4 times they win. That's not an excuse just a fact.

Razor1997

35-0 in the second half tonight.
56-0 in the second half over the last two games.
84-20 over the last three.
101-23 over the last four.

LJHOG

Quote from: WorfHog on December 29, 2016, 08:46:21 pm
What adjustments to you suggest??  Besides better players that is.  Look Brooks Ellis is still in the game in 3rd and long and empty backfield sets.  That's playing with only 10 on defense in those situations.

HatfieldHog

If you are wondering what adjustments need to be made, the answer is simple.  "Intensity!"  Our staff do not inspire intensity in these players.  Everyone knows that the team that played poorly in the first half, will do some soul searching and intensify what they are doing in the second half.  For some reason, we don't inspire our players to step up to meet the challenge that our opponent will bring in the second half!

This is a Coaching Staff issue! 

Someone has to answer for this lack of finishing ability!
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

iHog

Maybe taking away the slant route over the middle??

The Kig

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 29, 2016, 09:01:11 pm
The passing game was taken away?  Was that coaching...or dare I say an adjustment...on the part of Virginia Tech?

Go ahead...dare, dare...but you would be WRONG. The complete implosion in the 2ND half had ZERO to do with adjustments made by VA Tech.  It was ALL on us.  Adjustments don't make sure handed Morgan fumble.  Adjustments don't make Allen stare in one direction and then throw at the back of a Hog that wouldn't have made the catch even if the defender didn't pick up on the fact that the QB never moved his eyes. 

It wasn't about VA Tech making plays as much as it was...I don't know and hesitate to say this... It was almost like we were intentionally throwing the game.  Can't be what happened, can it?   Blame the coaches all you want for some of this season's stupidity,  but this one was on the players.
Poker Porker

GTOWNHOG

Adjustments???   none.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

rhames

Quote from: HatfieldHog on December 29, 2016, 09:15:58 pm
If you are wondering what adjustments need to be made, the answer is simple.  "Intensity!"  Our staff do not inspire intensity in these players.  Everyone knows that the team that played poorly in the first half, will do some soul searching and intensify what they are doing in the second half.  For some reason, we don't inspire our players to step up to meet the challenge that our opponent will bring in the second half!

This is a Coaching Staff issue! 

Someone has to answer for this lack of finishing ability!

That's not an adjustment

Ours guys just don't know how to finish games and that is on the coaches.

It had nothing to do with us making adjustments and everything to do with us crapping our pants.

elksnort

Quote from: bollweevil on December 29, 2016, 09:00:48 pm
Yes, Bud Foster's defensive staff did make adjustments.  In the first half, Va Tech played it pretty straight and close to the vest defensively. In the second half, they blitzed from every angle, took Austin completely out of his game, made him rush throws and forced interceptions. Offensively, they went to quicker passes to negate our pass rush, which was pretty effective in the first half. But coming apart in the second half, which we've done our last two games, is about more than halftime adjustments. It's about an attitude and mindset. It's about instilling a competitive fire in our players and creating a mental toughness that seems to be missing. I've been willing to give Bret Bielema the benefit of the doubt considering the state of the program he inherited. But enough is enough.
excellent post regardless of whether you're completely correct or not and I think you're probably spot-on thank you

NuttinItUp

Adjustments? We don't need no stinking adjustments!

The Kig

Quote from: WorfHog on December 29, 2016, 08:59:58 pm
We need to adjust the entire coaching staff.

I have seen your posts all season and know you have an axe to grind with the staff, but you only hurt your cause when you spout this stupidity.  This wasn't on the coaches... Other than replacing some of the players (Austin Allen with WHO?) what would the coaches do differently that led to that 2ND half?  This was on the players.   Period.
Poker Porker

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 09:09:05 pm

Their production came from having a short filed to work from as opposed to starting at their own 15 or 20.

Not to mention the one quick turnover after their score with the screen pass.

Arkansas doesn't turn the ball over 4 times they win. That's not an excuse just a fact.

Turnover mattered BUT you are forgetting VTs turnovers in the first half. How many times did we punt in the second half versus the first? Our QB was running for his life in the second half. That's coaching adjustments by bud. Also we couldn't ruin the first half of the second. Why weren't running game adjustments made by our coaches during halftime. Even if they were done they were out coached by Bud and any adjustments AND motivation they instilled. We were not a motivated team in the second half all year. Thats on the coaches.

NaturalStateReb

In the 2nd half, Arkansas' good game plan was eventually overwhelmed by its poor talent and execution.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

dhizzle

Short fields throwing it to the other team will put your d in a bad position.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on December 29, 2016, 09:18:10 pm

That's not an adjustment

Ours guys just don't know how to finish games and that is on the coaches.

It had nothing to do with us making adjustments and everything to do with us crapping our pants.

Running game needed adjusting. Apparently that didn't happen.

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2016, 09:21:24 pm
Turnover mattered BUT you are forgetting VTs turnovers in the first half. How many times did we punt in the second half versus the first? Our QB was running for his life in the second half. That's coaching adjustments by bud. Also we couldn't ruin the first half of the second. Why weren't running game adjustments made by our coaches during halftime. Even if they were done they were out coached by Bud and any adjustments AND motivation they instilled. We were not a motivated team in the second half all year. Thats on the coaches.

No one is arguing that tech didn't make adjustments. Again if arkansas doesn't crap their pants they win.

Not being motivated is not due to hAlf time adjustments.

I'm not saying it isn't on the coaches. But it's not for that reason.

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2016, 09:23:03 pm
Running game needed adjusting. Apparently that didn't happen.

Their adjustment was putting the ball in Allen's hands to make plays. He didn't

Anybody

ADJUST THE COACHING STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  START WITH THE HEAD COACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOGS 2017 !