Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL BELK BOWL GAME THREAD (ARKANSAS/VIRGINIA TECH) ALL POSTS GO HERE

Started by marty houston, December 29, 2016, 02:07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bville_hog

we pull a guard, but no one is assigned to get there person that comes through where he left?

lunchbox72703

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BassinHawg

Hate to see Hogs start with a FG first, seems like every time that happens in a bowl game they get blown out.

#BreaktheTrend
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Hogz87

It's 4 down territory when teams are going this direction probably all the way up to the 15 yard line.

Pig In The City

Dr. Starcs

D looking fast (ish) and physical.

Have a feeling they're gonna target Ellis in coverage all night long.

judgeroyswine

a0ashle

That was a good start, I'm happy! Running QB couldn't get out the pocket? Yes please!

Hogist

Anyone else hear the announcer already start making excuses for VT? "Now we get into that territory where you see who wants to be here..blah blah...tech just lost to clemson blah blah...."

Hogs958

Tequilin' Time

Ben

The wind is going to affect these passes. Arkansas needs to have a good run game
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Hogz87

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Hogist on December 29, 2016, 04:49:57 pm
Anyone else hear the announcer already start making excuses for VT? "Now we get into that territory where you see who wants to be here..blah blah...tech just lost to clemson blah blah...."

So far, they have been very pro-hokie.

bp

Dr. Starcs

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Ben on December 29, 2016, 04:52:11 pm
The wind is going to affect these passes. Arkansas needs to have a good run game

Agreed, but they aren't moving anybody along that line right now.

Dominicanhog

dhizzle

SquidBilly

I wish the announcers would stop highlighting our offensive stats on the year.  It just reminds us how well we would have done with even an average defense.

BassinHawg

hogginbama

Like how the DB gave Hatcher a pull of the hair as he got up to walk away.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Why have we been so terrible getting off blocks on screen plays for several years now?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogs958

ishankem

elksnort

Hogz87

I guess there's just one team playing today, because the commentators have talked about Virginia Tech nonstop.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hogginbama on December 29, 2016, 04:56:55 pm
Like how the DB gave Hatcher a pull of the hair as he got up to walk away.
I caught that too. He needs to holster that mop.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BassinHawg

Hope there was a real good reason for burning that T.O. CBB has a bad habit of that.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 29, 2016, 05:00:05 pm
I caught that too. He needs to holster that mop.
I don't understand why guys want to wear hair like a girl

SquidBilly

Our LBs need to stop engaging blockers and start reading them instead to get an idea of where the play is going.  Once the O-linemen get their hands on our LBs its over and it seems like our LBs are trying to take them on rather than get the ball carrier.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 29, 2016, 04:55:43 pm
I wish the announcers would stop highlighting our offensive stats on the year.  It just reminds us how well we would have done with even an average defense.

Perfect summary of the season. All we needed was an 'okay' one, just not a terrible one.

Danny J

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 29, 2016, 04:58:23 pm
pretty pro VT announcing so far
So far it's sprinkle shoplifting...skipper should have been called for a hold and now how bad our D has been the year. That sums up our coverage thus far

Ugly Uncle

Not bad so far...our defense still a little loose.  Needs to tighten up.
Retired Radio Host

judgeroyswine

Sivad

Quote from: Danny J on December 29, 2016, 05:01:32 pm
So far it's sprinkle shoplifting...skipper should have been called for a hold and now how bad our D has been the year. That sums up our coverage thus far
Along with how great the Thursday night heroes Va Tech transition has been ad infinitum.

Tejano Jawg

With the wind at our back...we need to do something! Send some guys deep.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

judgeroyswine

jgphillips3