Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stirring the Pot

Started by DeltaHog33, September 27, 2017, 01:16:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaHog33

Interesting fact about the Louisville debacle.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/913037614575493120

"Interesting note just pointed out to me. If Tom Jurich gets fired, Bobby Petrino's buyout goes down to $4.25 million this year." @DanWolken

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:21:59 pm
Petrino to A&M?

This chance to prison rape Arkansas every year while Jeff Long is forced to watch from a box?  He would probably coach there the first year or two for free.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 01:25:10 pm
This chance to prison rape Arkansas every year while Jeff Long is forced to watch from a box?  He would probably coach there the first year or two for free.

Never heard BP say anything but good about Arkansas

Also remember this is "nice" Bobby...he's Sampson without his hair now
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:21:59 pm
Petrino to A&M?

I honestly don't think he'll be able to come back to the SEC.

And certainly not in Texas. There are more than a few major HS and HS coaches in Texas than don't like him. At least that was the story when he was here.

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 01:42:35 pm

And certainly not in Texas. There are more than a few major HS and HS coaches in Texas than don't like him. At least that was the story when he was here.

Petrino to Tennessee?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

Dude, Petrino is dead man walking now. Jurich is the only reason he even has a D1 job. Whatever AD is going to come in will go the Baylor route and try to completely change the culture at L-ville. Petrino will not fit that agenda at all. Even if he is clean on the recruiting front, it's a perception issue. And Petrino doesn't have a clean reputation, unfortunately for him.

It's like -- out of all the schools in the world that Petrino could have gone to to revive is career and image at -- he had to choose Louisville.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaHog33 on September 27, 2017, 01:16:31 pm
Interesting fact about the Louisville debacle.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/913037614575493120

"Interesting note just pointed out to me. If Tom Jurich gets fired, Bobby Petrino's buyout goes down to $4.25 million this year." @DanWolken

Bobby is not coming here again.  He happy where he is at.  Rick the Basketball coach is on the hot seat and is good as gone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 27, 2017, 01:47:32 pm

Bobby is not coming here again.  He happy where he is at.  Rick the Basketball coach is on the hot seat and is good as gone.

Dude.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rhames

Petrino is at Louisville because of the AD. Now all bets are off. I could see him leaving.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

gchamblee

Razorbackers

island hog

Petrino to Texas Tech or Boise... he's the perfect coach for high-flying offense oriented conferences. 

sowmonella

No P 5 school with any regard to their reputation will touch BP. Sleazy Jurich was the only one that didn't care.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rhames

Quote from: sowmonella on September 27, 2017, 02:08:25 pm
No P 5 school with any regard to their reputation will touch BP. Sleazy Jurich was the only one that didn't care.

Enough time has passed IMO

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

BadHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 01:42:35 pm

That is completely speculative.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Wildhog

I could see him at several SEC programs.  AD's get over sex scandals after a while.  Especially programs that place a premium on winning football games.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Florida's coach humped a shark.  Petrino will be fine in the SEC.

goodguytex

I wonder if Long did ask Bobby to come back to Arkansas if he'd do it. But I know Long won't. Still.... Interesting to think about.

jabberjawls

This is like seeing hurricane 700 miles away hoping that it will make a turn but knowing, slowly but surely, it is coming right at you....and you feel so helpless.

PossumFan

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 02:13:29 pm
I could see him at several SEC programs.  AD's get over sex scandals after a while.  Especially programs that place a premium on winning football games.

Once again: Petrino's transgression was much more than a "sex scandal."

Razorbackers

Quote from: PossumFan on September 27, 2017, 02:25:39 pm
Once again: Petrino's offense was much more than a "sex scandal."

Exactly. He lied to the commish and to Long, and then lied on TV. He did a lot of crap, and also made no friends along the way. Auburn is the only school that I think would take him, and idk if they would honestly do it, either. They've already had their offensive genius but bad defensive head coach in there, and they're tired of him.

Wildhog

Quote from: PossumFan on September 27, 2017, 02:25:39 pm
Once again: Petrino's transgression was much more than a "sex scandal."

Yeah, but that's not the national perception.  It's all about Bobby and the blonde on his Harley.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 02:28:33 pm
Yeah, but that's not the national perception.  It's all about Bobby and the blonde on his Harley.

But the ADs and the conference remember, for sure.

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 02:31:02 pm
But the ADs and the conference remember, for sure.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly think you'll be surprised at the opportunities that CBP will have.
1909/1964/1965/1977

longpig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 03:13:32 pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly think you'll be surprised at the opportunities that CBP will have.

No doubt, if the choices are limited a big time program will take him over someone less proven.  They can cover their lily white reputation with the contract.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hoglady

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 01:32:29 pm

Never heard BP say anything but good about Arkansas

Also remember this is "nice" Bobby...he's Sampson without his hair now

I agree - the firing has been bad for both of us.
He's fared better than we have - but it took it's toll.
He's still got that sideline fire, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

grayhawg

If I could choose between Petrino and Bielema today it would take about 1/2 second to say Bobby.

hoglady

All you have to do is watch one of Louisville's games - they gush over Petrino the offensive guru, best playcaller in the game, yada, yada, yada. What happened here is like a lifetime ago. He's been to Western Kentucky and Louisville / and has won at both places. Everything has been clean with no scandals.
Plus he's always run a clean program with no NCAA issues.
He'll have opportunities if he wants to leave.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on September 27, 2017, 03:51:15 pm
All you have to do is watch one of Louisville's games - they gush over Petrino the offensive guru, best playcaller in the game, yada, yada, yada. What happened here is like a lifetime ago. He's been to Western Kentucky and Louisville / and has won at both places. Everything has been clean with no scandals.
Plus he's always run a clean program with no NCAA issues.
He'll have opportunities if he wants to leave.

No NCAA scandals.

Both WKU and Lou had coaches before him who had rebuilt the programs and won.  Strong was 23-3 the two seasons before BP return although it was pre ACC. 

As far as BP back to Arkansas it would probably take a lot of forgiveness by a lot of people given he was such an - before his firing.   

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 03:13:32 pm

I'm wrong pretty often tbh.

I think he would have several opportunities to go somewhere else. I just don't think all these SEC schools would be knocking on his door. Auburn and maybe UT. I don't see A&M or Florida making a move for him.

longpig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 03:57:29 pm
No NCAA scandals.

Both WKU and Lou had coaches before him who had rebuilt the programs and won.  Strong was 23-3 the two seasons before BP return although it was pre ACC. 

As far as BP back to Arkansas it would probably take a lot of forgiveness by a lot of people given he was such an - before his firing.

Charlie was HC at Louisville first year in the ACC, lost one game.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: longpig on September 27, 2017, 04:06:58 pm
Charlie was HC at Louisville first year in the ACC, lost one game.

Makes it even more impressive. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:43:57 pm
Petrino to UF?

Well FU is not happy with their current coach, so who knows.

hawgon

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 27, 2017, 04:25:53 pm
Well FU is not happy with their current coach, so who knows.

The sharks would be safer.

jcul28

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'm guessing you have some solid inside sources for that kind of hard hitting information.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

swinemaster

Finebaum said he would be gone at the end of the season and that he doesn't think he will have to go too far.

I think Tennessee would kill for a chance to get him.  And we all know Auburn doesn't have any standards.

I wish we could get him but that would never happen in a million years.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: sickboy on September 27, 2017, 01:47:26 pm
Dude, Petrino is dead man walking now. Jurich is the only reason he even has a D1 job. Whatever AD is going to come in will go the Baylor route and try to completely change the culture at L-ville. Petrino will not fit that agenda at all. Even if he is clean on the recruiting front, it's a perception issue. And Petrino doesn't have a clean reputation, unfortunately for him.

It's like -- out of all the schools in the world that Petrino could have gone to to revive is career and image at -- he had to choose Louisville.

Wrong, there will be schools lined up to hire him. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 04:05:24 pm
I'm wrong pretty often tbh.

I think he would have several opportunities to go somewhere else. I just don't think all these SEC schools would be knocking on his door. Auburn and maybe UT. I don't see A&M or Florida making a move for him.

auburn would sacrifice its grandmother to hire him
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Iwastherein1969

Fire Jeffie Long. We can watch him bring out the real tears instead of the faux tears he produced after firing the third best coach the UA has ever had. Then hire Bobby away from UL. Yes, it can happen if we bring all guns to bear with Wal Mart, a "kneeling" Jerry Jones and a few other big guns we could get Bobby back where he belongs and we would win that elusive SEC Championship.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 03:57:29 pm

They may be a lot more in the forgiving mood after football sucking for 5 years and counting.

247Hog

I'd welcome CBP 110% but doubt it'd happen. You gotta think CBB hates all this going down as it stokes the flames even more.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:47:59 pm
Dude.

With that "Dude" thing do you also crunch your cereal while your innocent daughter is trying to fish? I thought so.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 27, 2017, 06:09:22 pm
With that "Dude" thing do you also crunch your cereal while your innocent daughter is trying to fish? I thought so.

What?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 27, 2017, 06:09:22 pm

Post of the day.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 247Hog on September 27, 2017, 06:05:24 pm
I'd welcome CBP 110% but doubt it'd happen. You gotta think CBB hates all this going down as it stokes the flames even more.
we all have to realize that CBB peaked in year 3 when Hunter Henry, Darius Philon, Trey Flowers, Alex Collins, AJ Derby and Martrell Spaight were all here...and we still went 5-3 in the SEC West with the luckiest OT win over Ole Miss in the history of college football. CBB likely used up every bit of luck he was allowed for the rest of his coaching career in that Ole Miss game (remember the face mask penalty on the first try for the two point extra play). Bobby would come, I know he would. He could finally bring to success on the field because of the facilities that he built based on the belief he and he alone put back into our football program.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.