Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks 2013-14 Season Predictions

Started by sportster365, March 29, 2013, 02:58:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sportster365

So far it looks like the overall consensus for this year is 6-6.  I'd like to see everyone analysis on the reasons why. I can buy a 6-6 record and here's why:

UL Lafayette - Samford - Southern Miss - Should all likely be wins. (3-0)

Rutgers - Didn't do too bad in recruiting and is returning their starting QB. This game will be alot tougher than most think, but I got Arkansas taking this one too.(4-0)

Texas A&M-  We got A&M at home this year, which is a plus, but the key to this one is forcing JF to beat us with his arm. A&M did a heck of job recruiting and will be returning alot of key players. I give this one to A&M. Hogs (4-1)

Florida - If this game was in Fayetville, I'd really like our chances. A win in this game could be the difference in having a 6 win season to an 8 or 9 win season. But I don't want to over-estimate the team so I'll pick the Gators to handle business at home. Hogs (4-2)

South Carolina - Spurrier has two very capable QBs. Shaw should very much improved in the system and their defense should remain as tough as nails. They'll likely have some holes to fill in running game but I think the gamecocks will get their first win in Fayetville for quite some time now. Hogs (4-3)

Alabama - I've always preferred to play them early. In hopes we can catch them off their game some, but I think the Hogs will take this one on the chin. Hopefully we can remain competitive and possibly get the upset. Bama wins it. Hogs (4-4)

Auburn - I like our chances at home against Auburn. The Tigers probably have a worse QB situation than we do. If our defense can handle Gus' misdirection offense and make them throw it then you gotta like Arkansas chances. Hogs win it (5-4)

Ole Miss - This is a game we most definitely can win. I think Freeze has done a most impressive job in being able to change the face of a program so quickly. He was able to turn a 2-10 team around to a 7-6 team in one season. Not even Petrino or Sabin were able to do that in their first years at Arkansas and Bama. He's got something going there..Ole Miss. Hogs (5-5)

Miss. State - We play the bulldogs in LR I think the team pulls together and finds away to win this one. Hogs (6-5)

LSU - I think we have a fighters chance. LSU QB play probably wont change very much, but I expect they'll win in Death Valley. Hogs (6-6)

ADavisTheGOAT

I say we have a chance to beat Ole Miss and Lsu. But these are good predictions!  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RyeHogFan

I agree with all of the wins that you predict but I'm also gonna predict a win over either A&M or SCar as well. 7-5, Music City Bowl

go hogues

Quote from: sportster365 on March 29, 2013, 02:58:37 pm
So far it looks like the overall consensus for this year is 6-6.  I'd like to see everyone analysis on the reasons why. I can buy a 6-6 record and here's why:

Rutgers - Didn't do too bad in recruiting and is returning their starting QB. This game will be alot tougher than most think, but I got Arkansas taking this one too.(4-0)

Texas A&M-  We got A&M at home this year, which is a plus, but the key to this one is forcing JF to beat us with his arm. A&M did a heck of job recruiting and will be returning alot of key players. I give this one to A&M. Hogs (4-1)

Florida - If this game was in Fayetville, I'd really like our chances. A win in this game could be the difference in having a 6 win season to an 8 or 9 win season. But I don't want to over-estimate the team so I'll pick the Gators to handle business at home. Hogs (4-2)

South Carolina - Spurrier has two very capable QBs. Shaw should very much improved in the system and their defense should remain as tough as nails. They'll likely have some holes to fill in running game but I think the gamecocks will get their first win in Fayetville for quite some time now. Hogs (4-3)

Alabama - I've always preferred to play them early. In hopes we can catch them off their game some, but I think the Hogs will take this one on the chin. Hopefully we can remain competitive and possibly get the upset. Bama wins it. Hogs (4-4)

Auburn - I like our chances at home against Auburn. The Tigers probably have a worse QB situation than we do. If our defense can handle Gus' misdirection offense and make them throw it then you gotta like Arkansas chances. Hogs win it (5-4)

Ole Miss - This is a game we most definitely can win. I think Freeze has done a most impressive job in being able to change the face of a program so quickly. He was able to turn a 2-10 team around to a 7-6 team in one season. Not even Petrino or Sabin were able to do that in their first years at Arkansas and Bama. He's got something going there..Ole Miss. Hogs (5-5)

Miss. State - We play the bulldogs in LR I think the team pulls together and finds away to win this one. Hogs (6-5)

LSU - I think we have a fighters chance. LSU QB play probably wont change very much, but I expect they'll win in Death Valley. Hogs (6-6)
I'm with you. 6-6

If Bielema can get this team to 6-6, he deserves SECCOTY honors, in my opinion.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

AFWarrior83

Quote from: go hogues on March 29, 2013, 03:13:08 pm
I'm with you. 6-6

If Bielema can get this team to 6-6, he deserves SECCOTY honors, in my opinion.

So 6-6 meets your expectations, yet he would deserve SECCOTY? LOL! MAybe if he won 10 games... If he takes us to 6-6, then he will meet expectations, anything more would be icing on the cake.
Hogville member since 2005.

Mike_e

I agree with your 6 but I'm kind of looking for three out of four from A&M, SC, OM and LSU.  Probably the last three, I don't think we will have jelled by A&M.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Most Hog fans should think along these lines. I'm trying to be overly optimistic—as if beating Rutgers to go 4-0 isn't enough—and find one more win somewhere to give us 7.

Possibly one big upset? Aggies at home? Gamecocks at home?

footballfan

First year with a new coach, in what was gonna be a rebuilding year anyway, and the players are learning a new system, I am only hoping for .500. I don't think we beat Scar, Bama, A&M, florida or LSU.  The mississippi schools are a tough draw; miss st because mullen has been there and at least been solid and Freeze, frankly, amazed me last year by getting to a bowl game. Rutgers has won at least 8 games every year since 06. That might be tough. Louisiana-Lafayette has a good offense. I would hope we beat Auburn, as they are in the same boat as us. Southern Miss and Samford are gauraunteed wins. Auburn and the Mississippi Schools are the most critical. We beat them, we could get as many as seven wins. Drop 2 out of 3, and I don't see how we go bowling.

sportster365

Quote from: Mike_e on March 29, 2013, 03:42:27 pm
I agree with your 6 but I'm kind of looking for three out of four from A&M, SC, OM and LSU.  Probably the last three, I don't think we will have jelled by A&M.

Not really sure about us beating A&M. They have the potential to be the 2nd best team in the SEC West right now and probably in the entire league right behind Alabama.  And for some reason I think we'd have a better chance against Florida than SC. The Gators just didn't look very impressive to me last year. If Driskell can get it going then that may change quickly. But if we can find a way to beat Florida in Gainsville then it would be a huge momentum builder that could likely propel us pass SC the following week at home. And that could turn the potential 6 to 8 real fast.

GuvHog

I see it 8-4 (9-4 with Bowl win).

UL Lafayette - Samford - Southern Miss - All Wins. (3-0)

Rutgers - Relatively close but a Hog win (4-0)

Texas A&M-  If this game was played in Dallas or College Station it'd be an Aggie win going away but it's not. It's in DWRRS so Aggies bareley escape (4-1)

Florida - In Gainsville?? No Chance (4-2)

South Carolina - Lattimore is Gone and although Clowney is back, they lose some other good players. Hogs win at Home. (5-2)

Alabama - I would love a win here but it isn't happening in Tuscaloosa. (5-3)

Auburn - With the exception being when the Tigers had a freak at QB, the Hogs have taken Malshan's offense apart. Hogs win. (6-3)

Ole Miss - Hogs win comfortably (7-3)

Miss. State - Hogs win comfortably (8-3)

LSU - It's been hard for the Hogs to win in Baton Rouge. Tigers in a close one (8-4)

Bowl game - Win (9-4)
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mrcoolhog55

i AM THINKING EITHER 7-5, OR 6-6. But I find myself disagreeing with you on a couple of games. I think the Hogs can win one game they are not suppose to win, and probably lose one they should not lose, but I may be wrong. I think the Hogs can beat USC-E ,because the gamecocks lost most of their defense, and Lattimore. The game is here as well. So I could see the Hogs go anywhere from 6-6 to 7-5 next year, but hey who knows they might surprise us all with their play. I know the Hogs have 1 heck of a football staff, and a real good head coach in CBB. Go Hogs Go....

bennyl08

ULL will be a decent test early on. If we are able to blow them out like we should, then that is a solid check on the resume for our coaches in their ability to prepare for a game. If JLS was our coach, I would venture to say that we would be the underdog. ULL has had some talented teams the past few season and is fully capable of upsetting a team in our position.

Samford and USM should be walkthroughs.

Rutgers lost the most talented players on defense and their top skill players on offense. They may have as many players drafted this year as Arkansas. Their qb may still give us some fuss, but the massive WR's will be gone. While we lose a lot on offense, we hardly lose anything on defense and while the game may be at Rutgers, defense travels. We have a more talented team than they do, if we have more talented coaches than they do, then we will win.

Texas A&M will interesting one. They lose half of their offensive line, including their best players. They lose their top running back and most of their top receivers, not to mention their OC that made it all happen. They also lose a handful on defense including their stud pass rusher. They return some highly rated recruiting classes, one very talented tackle, and of course the reigning heisman trophy winner. It is in the realm of possibility that we can beat them. However, it is not probable. I think we put up a good fight, though.

Florida: No. Their defense was salty and will likely improve in Muschamps first year. While their offense was hit and miss, they return most of their key players including Driskell who will all be even better in year 3.

SC: If we win at least 6 games, history dictates this must be one of them. They lose their entire two at LB and the only starter returning who's any good is the potential heisman candidate Clowney. On offense, they return a mobile qb who won't throw it past 7 yards downfield and his top targets were running backs last year, who are mostly gone. Thompson should be their starter as Shaw is not very good. Given that this game is in Fayetteville and we could be 4-2 at the time, it should be loud. If our defense continues to improve, our offense should have found a rhythm and should be able to take advantage of their defense. At the end of the day, I think if we what we think we have in coaching staff and players, we should win this game. If we lose, it won't necessarily be a red flag as injuries could quickly dampen the season, we still should win.

Alabama: No.

Auburn: Our players certainly have no fear of Auburn as a team and as previously mentioned, our defense has shut down Gus's offense every single year save for Cam, when they still needed major referee help to win.

Ole Miss: We were the more talented team last year and we showed flashes, but our coaches and several players had already quit by this game. Even then, they still needed a last second field goal to win. While they have one highly rated recruiting class, half of their team was integral in a 0-16 SEC game skid. This should be a good litmus test for our coaches. If we can win this one in Oxford, then we know our coaching staff are keepers as Freeze has proven to be a capable coach so far as well.

Miss St: We should never be blown out by Miss St and our players know that. Regardless of injuries, we should be able to come out and win this one. If we have avoided major injuries to this point, this could be a retaliation game where we try to run up the score at our place.

LSU: I've said it a million times before and I'll say it a million times again. You can throw the records out for this game. They could be 11-0 and we could be 0-11 and it's still a coinflip as for who will win. I think Cam Cameron will be a good boost for their anemic offense, but not even LSU can go unscathed after losing what seems like half of their team to the NFL. In Death Valley will be hard to overcome, but might this be an audition to keep our rights to our only real rivalry game? We could be fighting for a bowl game or grappling for bowl position.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Murr

Fair assessment on those picks.  I think the Auburna and State games come down to health and form more than talent we they meet.

BENTON PIGGEE

6-6.

Wins- Samford, USM, ULL, MSU, Auburn, and either Rutgers or UM.

I wonder how this team will compare to Bobby's first team.

Uncommon

Quote from: sportster365 on March 29, 2013, 02:58:37 pm

+1.  Exactly what I predict as well.

An old hog fanatic

5-7.
I think Rutgers beats at their place.
2-5 in conference. We beat Auburn and Miss State.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

razorbackchamps94

5 and 7 at best , Not seeing how most are saying Rutgers is a win and Ole Miss

Muleriderhog

If we make a bowl game I will be extremly happy and impressed I believe best is 7-5 worst is 4-8

bennyl08

6-6 worst case, 9-3 if football karma repays us for last season with he most probable outcome 7-5.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DLUXHOG

I think...... we're going to suprise people....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

emdavenp

I think we will win every game that we are supposed to, and win one game we aren't (UF, Bama, LSU, A&M). Florida doesn't play well at home. We don't know how good A&M will be either, after losing Kingsbury, Joeckel, and others.

Just my thought.

HogInFlorida

I think A&M at home is the one we have the best chance of winning. Johnny will have a sophomore slump.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

The_Bionic_Pig

5-7 probable but would be ecstatic with a 6-6 record 8)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GuvHog

March 30, 2013, 10:09:19 am #23 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:25:45 pm by Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb
Quote from: HogInFlorida on March 29, 2013, 11:13:46 pm
I think A&M at home is the one we have the best chance of winning. Johnny will have a sophomore slump.

I believe we'll see Defenses play A&M differently this coming season. Johnny football is far more dangerous with his legs than he is passing. Since A&M lost a lot of WRs ofter last season, I believe Defenses will try to contain Johnny Football to force him to win games with his arm rather than bull rush and put pressure on him. If teams can successfully Contain JF, A&M will be in serious trouble IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

swineology

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 29, 2013, 04:07:04 pm

Rutgers - Relatively close but a Hog win (4-0) Loss

Texas A&M-  If this game was played in Dallas or College Station it'd be an Aggie win going away but it's not. It's in DWRRS so Aggies bareley escape (4-1)

South Carolina - Lattimore is Gone and although Clowney is back, they lose some other good players. Hogs win at Home. (5-2) Loss

Auburn - With the exception being when the Tigers had a freak at QB, the Hogs have taken Malshan's offense apart. Hogs win. (6-3)

Ole Miss - Hogs win comfortably (7-3) Loss

LSU - It's been hard for the Hogs to win in Baton Rouge. Tigers in a close one (8-4)

Bowl game - Win (9-4)

5-7

jmingram911

I can see your 6-6 prediction but I'm going to go with 7-5 with a win over either USCe or maybe even TAMU.  WPS!!!

RedyorNot

I'm at 7-5 for the most part with wins over LL, Samford, Southern Miss, Rutgers, South Carolina, Auburn, Miss. State. Potentially 8-5 as I think Ole Miss could swing either way.

Bowl game will be a toss up too.

Horthawg

6-6 maybe 7-5 depending on injuries betwixt then and now.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 29, 2013, 04:07:04 pm

Rutgers - Relatively close but a Hog win (4-0)

South Carolina - Lattimore is Gone and although Clowney is back, they lose some other good players. Hogs win at Home. (5-2)

Ole Miss - Hogs win comfortably (7-3)

Bowl game - Win (9-4)

You can't honestly believe this? Oh wait, you're GUV.

You think we are going to walk into Ole Miss and just "win comfortably?" LOL!

The_Iceman

We should all be happy if we are in a bowl game next season.

LZH

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2013, 04:19:09 pm
We should all be happy if we are in a bowl game next season.

I think we will be.  A good coach and a staff with some discipline would have had us in a decent bowl last year.  I don't think we're all that far off like the 'experts' say.

Professor Psychosis

ULL, Samford & USM - Wins, but don't sleep on ULL.  They've had back to back 9 win seasons and the coach, Hudspeth, stayed.

@Rutgers - I'm saying this is a loss, but we could play well and win.

A&M - They're going to take a step back this year, but I just don't see a win here.

@Florida - Don't think we have a chance.

USCe - While historically we dominate them, I'm giving it to USCe because Spurrier's having a good run right now and Bielema is just getting started.

@Bama - No way.

Auburn - Gotta like the Hogs at home here.

@Ole Miss - Could go either way but I'm giving it to the Wascaly Webels.

Miss St - I think we win.  MSU has peaked under Mullen.

@LSU - Not in Baton Rouge, at least not yet.

5-7, 2-6.

Could beat Ole Miss and Rutgers and go 7-5, 3-5.  Could even upset USCe for an 8, maybe 9 win season with a good bowl matchup.  That would be a phenomenal year after everything that's happened, but after picking 10 wins last year, I've decided to be more guarded in my expectations going forward.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 30, 2013, 10:09:19 am
I believe we'll see Defenses play A&M differently this coming season. Johnny football is far more dangerous with his legs than he is passing. Since A&M lost a lot of WRs ofter last season, I believe Defenses will try to contain Johnny Football to win games with his arm  rather than bull rush and put pressure on him. If teams can successfully Contain JF, A&M will be in serious trouble IMHO.

Swope was a loss for them at WR.  Regarding their WRs this upcoming season, they have the potential of being a very difficult match up for opposing Secondaries.  The following 3 WRs could very well be their starting WRs this upcoming season.

Mike Evans   6'5"  218 lbs.  So.  (he played a lot last season as a Freshman)

Nate Askew   6'4"  220 lbs.  Sr.

Edward Pope   6'4"  170 lbs.  So.

Possible other starting WRs

Ricky Seals-Jones   6'5"  220 lbs.  Fr.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Ricky-Seals-Jones-124950;_ylt=AvCeZS0_1KnbmxbQfXfFzUBDPZB4

JaQuay Williams   6'3"  205 lbs.  (coming in from Prep School)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-JaQuay-Williams-144846;_ylt=AlA_6aRQrDCADUgmKfPuu7NDPZB4   

tophawg19

oh yea of little faith . this hog team has a lot of talent and is going to be very physical . we should have won 7 last year without coaching . i think none of you are giving this coaching staff their due . And promise you they expect 8 or 9 wins at least. we had a bunch of injuries last year and some sorry coaching
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 31, 2013, 04:24:04 pm
I think we will be.  A good coach and a staff with some discipline would have had us in a decent bowl last year.  I don't think we're all that far off like the 'experts' say.

I agree if we still had a veteran offense.  We are very inexperienced at all the offensive positions.

I'm going with 5-7 or 6-6. It all depends on the Rutgers game for me which is in their home.

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dark Helmet Hog

The cupboard is not bare. We have more talent than when CBP took over. Also, I believe some are over estimating the talent of some of our rivals (Auburn for example).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 8-4. Did I mention how much I like Kool-Aid?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DarthSmurf on March 31, 2013, 07:44:48 pm
The cupboard is not bare. We have more talent than when CBP took over. Also, I believe some are over estimating the talent of some of our rivals (Auburn for example).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 8-4. Did I mention how much I like Kool-Aid?

You are right that it is not bare it's just very inexperienced.  Losing basically all of our offensive output from last year and the new head coaches of Texas A&M and Ole Miss is the only reason I believe we have a 5-7 or 6-6 season. 

Cave City Joe

7-5  Disappointed with anything less.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I predict they will participate in every game on their schedule. Beyond that no clue.  Too many unknowns
Let's make some waves.

Fayettechill14

I'd guess 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5. We could end up 9-3 (winning all home games and losing at Alabama, LSU, and Florida). Bielema was dominant at home at Wisconsin and we went 7-0 at home in 2011.

We could also end up as bad as 4-8 (wins vs UL, Samford, USM, and Auburn/Miss State), but that's also unlikely.

My guess is 6-6, going exactly as the OP predicted.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

There's a good chance Johnny football isn't with A&M come time to play them at the rate he's going. You also have to remember what BB did his first year in Whisky. He did quite well for himself.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on March 31, 2013, 08:34:26 pm
There's a good chance Johnny football isn't with A&M come time to play them at the rate he's going. You also have to remember what BB did his first year in Whisky. He did quite well for himself.
with him or without him, we beat the Aggies this year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 31, 2013, 08:50:00 pm
with him or without him, we beat the Aggies this year.

More possible than most think. Aggies are completely rebuilding their defense, and their line won't be quite as good. We could score 31 on 'em...can our d-ends overmatch their tackles?

The_Iceman

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 31, 2013, 04:24:04 pm

It has more to do with the teams we are playing than how good we will actually be. Very tough schedule.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2013, 09:27:33 pm
It has more to do with the teams we are playing than how good we will actually be. Very tough schedule.

This and the players we lost last year.  People keep thinking we are returning the same offensive players as last year.  I hope I am very wrong about this team and we some how win 7-9 games. 

bennyl08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 31, 2013, 09:45:14 pm
This and the players we lost last year.  People keep thinking we are returning the same offensive players as last year.  I hope I am very wrong about this team and we some how win 7-9 games.

Who thinks that? We return almost all of our defense and we return most of our OL. We lose our starter at qb, our top WR, our top 3 rb's, and our top TE (who was out for much of the season). We return the majority of our receiving corp, and several TE's with significant playing time last season, as well as a seasoned fullback. The weakest position will be qb. It is the the norm to have freshman running backs come in and produce at a high level. First years qb's are not the norm, though it does happen about once or twice a year in the SEC.

olivebranchhog

I'm with a lot of people here...6-6 would be understandable this year given the schedule. 7-5 would be the ceiling, imho.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

GalaHawg

WITH HOG COLORED GLASSES:

Sure wins (3-0):

UL Lafayette
Samford
Southern Miss

Toss ups (2-1):

Rutgers
Auburn
MS State

Underdog but winnable (1-2):

TAMU
USCe
Ole Miss

Hoping for moral victories (0-3):

Alabama
Florida
LSU

6-6 plus bowl game in Birmingham 7-6 season...

WITH ESPN FAIRNESS:

Sure wins (2-0):

UL Lafayette
Samford

Favored but loseable (1-0):
Southern Miss

Toss ups (0-1):

Auburn

Underdog but winnable (1-2):

Rutgers
Ole Miss
MS State

Hoping for moral victories (0-5):

TAMU
USCe
Alabama
Florida
LSU

4-8 and no bowl game...

RazorReddie

A lot of thought has gone into some of your picks.  Thanks for sharing.

I am in the camp who thinks there is still an ample amount of "uncoached' and "misused" talent at the U of A and a new staff just might be what the doctor ordered.

I believe the reduction in penalties and turnovers will be a godsend.  Historically, Bielema teams don't give much away.  They make you beat them.

That alone could put them at 6 wins.  Yes we are lacking in offensive skill depth, but it doesn't take much skill for QB's to hand off or WR's to block downfield. 

That simplified approach might not be sound in the long term when trying to beat the most talented teams on your schedule, but it could be exactly what this roster needs in order to be competitive next season.

Just hang on, play it safe, keep it close, and try to make a play at the end or force your opponent into making a mistake.  Not a very sophisticated approach, but I believe we have average to above average offensive and defensive lineman who can at least hold their own up front. 

I say 7 regular season wins and maybe a Minor Bowl win at seasons end for a total of 8 wins in 2013-2014.     
"Life's tough, even tougher if you're stupid"