Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's the deal

Started by Piggfoot, September 28, 2017, 11:04:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 29, 2017, 09:29:06 am
The overall record will be close to the same if this season isn't a total collapse.

How about seeing what happens in the next 9 games?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogtimes

September 29, 2017, 10:47:17 am #51 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:35:31 am by Hogtimes
Quote from: Piggfoot on September 28, 2017, 11:04:28 pm
Yes it is CBB's fifth year and during that time Arkansas has not produced a D-Mac or a Matt Jones, or a Ryan Mallet. Additionally, notwithstanding Drew Morgan, neither has Arkansas produce the number of NFL quality recievers we enjoyed before Bielema. We've produced good players, just not the numbers.
Agim looks the part but by himself he can't replace Philon and Flowers together.

While we have not had the numbers of star quality Arkansas players, Coach Bielema has brought in better out of state players than we've seen before.

This year we have started over with our defense. We've hired a new Coordinator and installed a new scheme. Fans unrealistically have hoped this new scheme would magically improve our defense and I believe it will with time just don't expect it over night.
The boys have had to learn new assignments and in a way they are all first year players.

So while fans are disappointed, they have had ample venting time. You may say you direct your ire toward the coaching staff, but like your children when there is disharmony in the family the kids will take the brunt of it.

All you have to do is to look into the eyes of the kids and listen to their words when interviewed and see the pain they are feeling.
They know mistakes have been made and they feel badly about it They  are trying to improve. We need to support them and stop the mouthing.

Well pity...pity. These players are not kids, they are men.  Guys their age are dodging bullets and land mines and sleeping in tents in Afghanistan and other parts of the world fighting  for freedom. And we are suppose to look into the eyes of football players that are living the life of riley in opulent dorms with the best of everything and feel sorry for them.  Today's  athletes are  among the  the most coddled people the world has ever known.

redleg

What are we all going to do if Bielema is the coach in 2018 (which he will be) and the Hogs win 10 games in the regular season? Will we still want him fired, then? Or will we want him to stick around? I am curious to see what his offense does without a QB named Allen.
Just to clarify, I am not saying that is going to happen, I am just asking for curiosities sake.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

KennyForAD

Is tĥis a ĵoke?  Year 5 and we have the worst line in football.  hello?