Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OU scouting report?

Started by Modsquad24, December 14, 2007, 07:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

December 14, 2007, 07:28:51 pm Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:30:33 pm by Modsquad24
Anyone who has had the opportunity to watch them this season under 2nd year coch Jeff Capel, can you tell me who their key players are? what style do they play? also, are they a team with depth/experience? I have to say one thing this Arkansas Razorback basketball team has this year that is very promising is there not more than 10 teams in college basketball with the depth and experience this hogs team has. I am excited about tommorrrows game against Oklahoma in less than 20 hours now, with it being our first true road game of the season I am anxious to see how they will bounce back from adversity in this game at times that it may come. I agree with coach Pel, I love the 8-1 start by the hogs this season, but the really good teams can win on the road as well as at home, that will be the test and in hindsight in February thats what makes the difference beetween a team laying back knowing they're in the NCAA Tournament just playing for its seeding(where we want to be) or a bubble team hoping all the way to the last second it can play in the only tournament that matters in March. GHG!

Up Next: Arkansas Razorbacks(8-1) at Oklahoma Sooners(7-3) Saturday at 2:05p.m. on ESPN2!

chiefsfan

All 3 of OU losses occured when they scored less then 70 points.  We have no common opponents this year.  However this is the first game of what can be called murders row for OU.  They play us at home,  followed by a game in Oklahoma City against Gonzaga, and a game at West Virginia

By all accounts they are about even with Missouri in terms of Big 12 talent, with the exception that they dont run alot.    However these guys play very good defense

Id expect a defensive battle
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rdjindallas

Saw them play against TCU.  They have a freshman C/F that is and will be a very good college player.  They had one player who hit 4-5 3's in the first half and opened up the game.  They only have one seasoned big player at center, Longar  Longar  who is not bad, but can get into foul trouble.  They played some 2-3 and pressed in the 3rd quarter to stretch their lead.  It will come down to how well we shoot from the perimiter and who gets into foul trouble.

Modsquad24

thanks for the info guys, hadnt had a chance to check them out yet. I noticed on their board that despite the SF Austin loss they think they should win, I agree that they will play inspired and it could be a tough game for the hogs in Norman, but I think Arkansas finds a way and wins again. GHG!

chiefsfan

Quote from: rdjindallas on December 14, 2007, 09:16:53 pm
Saw them play against TCU.  They have a freshman C/F that is and will be a very good college player.  They had one player who hit 4-5 3's in the first half and opened up the game.  They only have one seasoned big player at center, Longar  Longar  who is not bad, but can get into foul trouble.  They played some 2-3 and pressed in the 3rd quarter to stretch their lead.  It will come down to how well we shoot from the perimiter and who gets into foul trouble.

pressed into the 3rd quarter?  You sure that wasnt a mavs game you were watching...  ;)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

blacksuit

OU team stats here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/teams/oae/stats;_ylt=AvJFPHjlsB6TBtnuOEnf15.r07YF

Blake Griffin is a 6-10 239 freshman who's leading them in scoring and boards with 13 and 8. (5 star player) He also leads the team in steals. He's the one I'll be watching.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/blakegriffin.html

They've also got a guard in Tony Crocker who's pretty good.