Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many NCAA tournament bids do you think the SEC gets this year?

Started by Modsquad24, December 14, 2007, 08:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I know its early, but I heard them talking about this on espn the other day, they had said the SEC would get 5-6. I know our conference might not be as strong as years past, but I think this should be a 6 bid conference again this year the way things are starting. (Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, Ole Miss and Kentucky maybe if they rebound in time) Whats you guys thoughts on the strength of the conference this year and how that may come into play in March? GHG!

Up Next: Arkansas Razorbacks(8-1) at Oklahoma Sooners(7-3) Saturday at 2:05p.m. on ESPN2!

mathhog

EAST
Tennessee
Vandy
Florida (maybe)
Kentucky (barely)

WEST
Arkansas
Miss State
Ole Miss
Bama (probably outside looking in, though will surprise)

**general rule of thumb in the past few years has been 6 bids, at least 1 bid from each division... could we get 7 this year?  depends on if both of the Miss schools go at least 9-7 in conference.  georgia, auburn, lsu, and so carolina are out.  yes i know what the media says, but carolina is DONE!

kuhog

I don't think there is any way the SEC gets more than 6. I'm guessing more like 5. The SEC is so down this year, it looks like a mid-major conference. I know it's early in the season, but RPI rates the SEC 8th place among conferences.

Modsquad24

right now those 5 would be Tennessee, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Florida, but as we all know its what teams do when we get to conference season that seperates them. GHG!

Beaverfever

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on December 14, 2007, 09:51:16 am
UT, Vandy, Arkansas, UF and Ole Miss at this juncture.... Ole Miss had a nice W last night v Winthrop..

Miss State lost a close one at home to Miami.

If Miami keeps winning that will help our RPI considering that they won that puerto rican tourney
Andy Kennedy is a really good coach.  Ole Miss was not supposed to good at all this year and they are managing nicely.