Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath

Started by FootballHog, December 14, 2007, 12:21:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FootballHog

His South Florida team has just won 7 in a row, after starting 0-3. He has won games against the likes of Florida State and UAB. South Florida won 12 games last season.

While he wasn't the most successful coach, he showed much class and dignity. I will always root for Heath, and I'm glad he is doing well this season.

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: FootballHog on December 14, 2007, 12:21:40 am
His South Florida team has just won 7 in a row, after starting 0-3. He has won games against the likes of Florida State and UAB. South Florida won 12 games last season.

While he wasn't the most successful coach, he showed much class and dignity. I will always root for Heath, and I'm glad he is doing well this season.

While the teams he has beaten aren't the highest caliber teams with the exception of FSU and UAB which are good wins, he just needs to get Ws.  It is the first step in rebuilding a program.  No matter what you think of him, we know he can rebuild a program.  He did a fine job getting the Hogs back on their feet and even the biggest Stan critic has to admit that.

What is a shame is the difference between what fans (not educated basketball minds, fans) think is a great coach and a bad coach is such a slim margin. 

As I have said and it is really mostly true in sports...the difference between brilliance and idiocy is the result.  If a player bricks two free throws at the end of the game, that coach is an idiot, but if his player steps up a hits a huge shot, hes a hall-of-famer.

It is just the way it is. 

blacksuit

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on December 14, 2007, 12:37:35 am
While the teams he has beaten aren't the highest caliber teams with the exception of FSU and UAB which are good wins, he just needs to get Ws.  It is the first step in rebuilding a program.  No matter what you think of him, we know he can rebuild a program.  He did a fine job getting the Hogs back on their feet and even the biggest Stan critic has to admit that.

What is a shame is the difference between what fans (not educated basketball minds, fans) think is a great coach and a bad coach is such a slim margin. 

As I have said and it is really mostly true in sports...the difference between brilliance and idiocy is the result.  If a player bricks two free throws at the end of the game, that coach is an idiot, but if his player steps up a hits a huge shot, hes a hall-of-famer.

It is just the way it is. 

Yeah, like "clutch kicking." You make a few big plays, you're set for life. A few at bats don't pan out, and your reputation takes a hit (see ARod).

But it's something else to win practically zero road games (especially in conference).

That said, I don't think anyone here has any bad faith towards Stan. The man showed so much honor and class while he was here, and we'll always remember that. I hope we see him in March.

booogaga

im still glad he is gone.
GO HOGS!

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: booogaga on December 14, 2007, 02:13:31 am

I love how people are willing to take what the man did (basically build Pel's team for him) but then essentially curse him and say I am happy he gone...I will gladly accept the contributions he gave to my program, but bye...see ya. I know it is the way of sports, and it is what it is...but it is kind of sad.

SlopThatPig!

Quote from: booogaga on December 14, 2007, 02:13:31 am
Agreed.  But I'll root for him anywhere.