Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The only thing this team is missing...

Started by heathtits, December 13, 2007, 09:42:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heathtits

Is a consistent shooter. If Rakestraw or Beverley or Weems or even Hunter can step up as our outside threat, we will roll through the SEC. The D is there and getting better all the time, we're still having trouble getting the ball into the post but it appears to be vision and missed opportunities rather than execution problems. Those issues should be smoothed out by Pel before the break is over. It also appears Welsh is going to be our go to PG because Ervin just can't cut it. Someone who is 25 years old and been in the league for 5 years should NOT be picking up their pivot foot and throwing the ball away like he does. He reminds me so much of Kareem Reid it's scary. One game he shows up and is the best PG you've ever seen and the next he looks like a 6th grader learning the basics. Time will tell as far as the PG position goes but after last nights game, I'm very excited about coming into conference play.

mikeb

Nice post.

I have faith in Pel... 8)

GO HOGS!!

dmac4sainthood

Beverly is that guy...but even consistant guys go cold at times. 

condohog

You had me up until you mentioned Hunter.

jst01

Quote from: condohog on December 14, 2007, 10:53:01 am
You had me up until you mentioned Hunter.

lol, I wonder how Hunter made the team sometimes.  I love it when he gets the ball at the top of the key and gets that look in his eye like he can drive.  Then charges into about 3 people. 

PorkSoda

I used to Dog Ervin, but he is stepping it up this year and becoming more consistent.  I like that our Bench and Starters are interchangable.  It means we can run hard and substitute often.  A few guys off the bench get more minutes than the starters.  I think our shooting will improve.  Shooting is a streaky thing for most people.  Thats why you need more than one shooter.  I am more concerned with fundamentals.  If you do those well, the shots will fall, because you are getting better looks.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TennesseeRaz

I disagree; I think our major problem is we don't have an elite PG -- yet.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on December 14, 2007, 11:58:05 pm
I disagree; I think our major problem is we don't have an elite PG -- yet.
True, but right now we have what we have, and we need the players we have now to step up thier game to the next level.  I think Pelphrey can get them there, if they want it bad enough.  Nice that we haven't heard that excuse this year.  That should never be the problem.  If you don't want it as much or more than your competition, then you might as well go home.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.