Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Monk

Started by Darth Piggy, December 13, 2007, 05:33:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Piggy

No this is not a football thread, but wouldn't it be great if we had Monk playing basketball right now (of course ignoring his obvious knee injury).  I think he's been the best basketball player on campus from the day he got here.  I know his future is in football, but he's one of the better basketball players to come out of Arkansas in the past ten years.  I remeber watching EPC play the early state championship game back in 2004 I guess and WM play the later game.  SOme great players.  Monk for EPC.  Weems and Marc Mangum from WM.  Unfortunately only one of those is playing basketball for the Hogs.

Smithian

I also feel like he is a better BBall player, but we need him in football more.

Razorbackmedic

I think his knee is a big enough question as far as in the NFL draft. The last thing he needs to put more stress on that knee before the combine.

40MINSOFHELL

he was awesome in basketball when he played for EPC, i played against hm, man oh man he could dunk from almost the free throw line

jry04

Quote from: Darth Piggy on December 13, 2007, 05:33:05 pm
No this is not a football thread, but wouldn't it be great if we had Monk playing basketball right now (of course ignoring his obvious knee injury).  I think he's been the best basketball player on campus from the day he got here.  I know his future is in football, but he's one of the better basketball players to come out of Arkansas in the past ten years.  I remeber watching EPC play the early state championship game back in 2004 I guess and WM play the later game.  SOme great players.  Monk for EPC.  Weems and Marc Mangum from WM.  Unfortunately only one of those is playing basketball for the Hogs.

Monk was a better basketball player than football player, but he is not one of the better basketball players to come to the U of A in the last 10 years.

oldfart

he did play, what was it, one year? was ok but did not set the world on fire..  decided his best chance was in football....

maumellebyrd

Quote from: CHafar on December 13, 2007, 06:10:58 pm
I think his knee is a big enough question as far as in the NFL draft. The last thing he needs to put more stress on that knee before the combine.

Who gives a darn?  He could've redshirted and made millions this time next year.  Instead he catches 6 balls this season for like 2TD.  Woo pig sooie.