Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barnhill Thought

Started by PlayCallinBrotha, December 13, 2007, 02:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayCallinBrotha

After reading a different thread it got me thinking. How cool would it be to play another game, big game, in Barnhill?? Im not sure what kind of shape its in now but all things aside i think it'd be awesome. Maybe even one game a year. Think of how loud and packed it would be with all the hype. Anyone with me??

ledhead830

Quote from: PlayCallinBrotha on December 13, 2007, 02:57:34 pm
After reading a different thread it got me thinking. How cool would it be to play another game, big game, in Barnhill?? Im not sure what kind of shape its in now but all things aside i think it'd be awesome. Maybe even one game a year. Think of how loud and packed it would be with all the hype. Anyone with me??

No.

Way too much money lost for the university.

Not to mention Barnhill is now designed to host Volleyball and Gymnastics.

If you play a big game at Barnhill, you're looking at losing anywhere from 7,000-10,000 people in attendance and no boxes to make even more money. If you play a small game, you may get about the same amount of people as you get at Bud but the crowd wouldn't be too excited. So either way, the university loses.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

dmac4sainthood

Barnhill is a great thing of the past...but it is just that, a thing of the past. 

Dr Swineglove

Why don't we clear out the museum stuff and have a real throw-back day by
playing a game at the old Men's Gym.  ::)
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on December 13, 2007, 09:14:24 pm
never happen b/c of the above stated reason.. MONEY!

The question was "How cool would it be to play another game, big game, in Barnhill??" Not why don't we. I think it would be cool, but would never happen.

Kevin

nc state plays one game a year in reynolds, usually a game like we just played utsa
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

Hell, just double the cost of a ticket and I would go just for the novelty of it.