Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems

Started by hei5manhog, December 13, 2007, 12:12:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hei5manhog

Is it just me, or is Sonny a great NBA prospect?  He's got a durable body type.  Decent shooter, and obviously an amazing athletic specimen; not to mention a pretty good defender.  That alleyoop monster slam he had tonight against UTSA got me passionate enough to start this thred.  WPS BEAT OU!
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

blacksuit

He's good, but he tends to fade into the background for long stretches. Still, decent range, good defender, mabye a little small for the 3 at the next level, doesn't really have a 2 guard's game. Currently projected to go undrafted.

I guess he's another Modica in some ways, but a much better defender.

3pigsinafountain

i agree he is a better defender than Modica, but not as dedicated a scorer.  You can tell that coach Pel feels he is the best athlete on the team but needs more intensity.  I doubt Pel gives up on him because the potential is there.  As far as the NBA he needs to develop his outside shooting to have a realistic chance.  I imagine he leads the team in turnovers, his ball handleing could use some work also.

Hogbody

Quote from: hei5manhog on December 13, 2007, 12:12:03 am
Is it just me, or is Sonny a great NBA prospect?  He's got a durable body type.  Decent shooter, and obviously an amazing athletic specimen; not to mention a pretty good defender.  That alleyoop monster slam he had tonight against UTSA got me passionate enough to start this thred.  WPS BEAT OU!

that was one of the most athletic dunks i have ever seen!!

Beaverfever

Weems is a truly gifted athlete but he does dissapear for long stretches and tends to wait for points to be given to him.  I'm still waiting to see that Corey Brewer style basket attack that I think Weems is capable of.  He also needs to quit the lazy passes.

311Hog

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 13, 2007, 10:20:53 am
Weems is a truly gifted athlete but he does dissapear for long stretches and tends to wait for points to be given to him.  I'm still waiting to see that Corey Brewer style basket attack that I think Weems is capable of.  He also needs to quit the lazy passes.

this echo's my feelings on Weems all the ability in the world his problem is mental.

KENDALLF

Was it just me or did anybody else notice that after weems had a couple of TOs early he really acted uncomfortable with the ball.
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

razorgary

IMO he has terrible hands & makes bad decissions under pressure. He is very athletic but I don't trust him with the ball when the game is on the line.

spudhog

great athelete, decent jump shot, decent defender but has a questionable basketball iq. he could be a project for somebody but not a high end draft pick. seems like a good guy too.

L.A.

December 15, 2007, 12:51:53 pm #9 Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:40:50 pm by lower_arkansas
He needs ALOT of work if he we're to make it on the next level.  I think he should follow in the footsteps of Antonio Gates and try football next year.  If he coud bulk up more and learn to catch a football, he would be a beast of a TE.

Toad Suck Pork

Sonny still has talent to be developed.  If they could get 40 minutes out of him every game rather than him disappearing for long spells, he would be all-SEC and a dominant player.