Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TIME TO GET READY FOR OKLAHOMA

Started by 40MINSOFHELL, December 12, 2007, 10:13:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

what is everyone thoughts on this upcoming game against Oklahoma?? GO HOGS GO  :razorback: :razorback:

Adam Stokes

December 12, 2007, 10:16:59 pm #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:19:37 pm by ajs15razorman
Normally with the way we are turning over the ball and the fact that this is our first true road game I wouldn't give us the nod.  But Oklahoma is struggling this year, and I think they will struggle more than us.

Arkansas - 78
Okies      - 69

Or in other words, if Stephen F. Austin can beat Oklahoma on the road we better.

bbulhogfan

Oklahoma hasn't been the same since Sampson left 2 years ago. Losing to SFA definitely doesn't help your year either. I don't know what to expect from the crowd in Norman. Since it is a weekend game it could be rather rowdy. Hopefully Pelphrey can get the Hogs ready for the road. If turnovers can go down (please please please) I expect the Hogs to witn by double digits.

UA-75
OU-62

Razorod

Big, big game in my opinion. We'll learn a lot about the hogs in this one. I'm hoping for a 3-5 point win. :-\
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Rayzback

December 12, 2007, 11:12:45 pm #4 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:43:32 pm by Rayzback
It would be a nice win with the Hogs sitting just outside the Top 25. A good road test. You know ou is wanting to save face..

Just some notes from the Sooner site...they seem to be preparing

NORMAN, Okla. -- The no Athletics Department has planned a number of activities surrounding the men's basketball team's nonconference showdown with Arkansas on Saturday, Dec. 15 at Lloyd Noble Center. Tipoff with the Razorbacks is scheduled for 2 p.m. Highlighting the days events will be an autograph signing with members of the Sooner football team in the upper concourse prior to the game. The team will also be recognized and will address the crowd at halftime. Help rally the Sooners to a victory over the Razorbacks. Oklahoma Basketball Rally towels will be placed in every seat of Lloyd Noble Center (12,000 rally towels will be distributed). As with all nonconference home games, take advantage of a great deal for the entire family. Family Pack tickets include your ticket to the game, a hot dog, drink and coupon for an OU T-shirt (redeemable at OU Authentic) all for only $10. A minimum of four tickets must be purchased prior to the day of the game.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Im believing in my HOGS!!!
(just hold onto the ball)

GO HOGS!!!
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!

Hog_from_Tulsa

OU will have had a whole week to stew over the embarassment to SFA....so...they should play very hard....but Pel has also gotten the Razorbacks to respond to poor play...whether we've won or lost (big change from previous years)....
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Hollywood_HOGan45

blacksuit

This is our first true road test, hopefully pel will get them ready to play, after a few bear crawls for tonight!

Zero Tolerance

Wonder if OU will break out the gray uniforms they wore in the win over Tulsa? They went back to wearing their standard home whites in the loss to SFA.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

ttrk05

They won't be used to a crowd making noise, thats for sure.

booogaga

oklahoma stinks. razorbacks are going to kill them by 47 points at the half. then they will cry for mercy and we will tack on another 89.

i am sitting next to an okie fan so that explains my reasoning
GO HOGS!

olblueyes

Oklahoma Basketball Rally towels will be placed in every seat of Lloyd Noble Center (12,000 rally towels will be distributed).

I need two Razorback rally towels. The wife and I will be there, provided the weather allows us to travel) razing hell and calling the hogs. It would be to neat to find two rally towels just to pi$$ of some sooner bloomers.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

kuhog

Oklahoma is one of the worst teams in the Big 12 this year. Probably 8th at best. We are one of the top 3-4 teams in the SEC. If we can't win against Oklahoma, I'll be extremely surprised.

Modsquad24

I think you can tell by the way the hogs have just rolled over these teams lately even while being seemingly kinda out of it at times, that they are ready for a bigger game after playing ORU, Missouri St and UTSA no offense to these teams, but OU will have Arkansas's attention and the hogs will play alot more inspired/focused and make another statement to extend the winning streak to 7 games, Arkansas 71- Oklahoma 61. GHG!

Up Next: Arkansas(8-1) at Oklahoma(7-3) Saturday at 2:05p.m. on ESPN2!

jry04

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 12, 2007, 11:59:54 pm
Hogs can't handle a semi-hostile environment. I think they lose by a basket in overtime. Good defense is once again cancelled out by sloppy play.
I am not sure if you know this, but Norman is covered in snow and half the town doesn't even have power. I really doubt there will be more than 3 or 4,000 people in their 11,000 seat building.

I plan on making the trip though because I made these plans weeks ago. I expect us to win by 10 or so.

hoosier

Is the game on tv for us out of state? I could look it up but I'm trying to get my post count up ;)

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 13, 2007, 12:19:49 pm
I am not sure if you know this, but Norman is covered in snow and half the town doesn't even have power. I really doubt there will be more than 3 or 4,000 people in their 11,000 seat building.

I plan on making the trip though because I made these plans weeks ago. I expect us to win by 10 or so.

i dont think its snowed yet. has it?

The sun's out here in tulsa

thats not to say that there couldnt be snow sat morning.

Arkansas will win. Im pretty confident in that especially if we can shut down the three point line. If we cant beat this oklahoma team, something's wrong.

OU's okay but we should win.

but hopefully it wont be too bad. Ive been looking forward to this game for so very long.

jry04

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 13, 2007, 12:37:23 pm
i dont think its snowed yet. has it?

The sun's out here in tulsa

thats not to say that there couldnt be snow sat morning.

Arkansas will win. Im pretty confident in that especially if we can shut down the three point line. If we cant beat this oklahoma team, something's wrong.

OU's okay but we should win.

but hopefully it wont be too bad. Ive been looking forward to this game for so very long.
It snowed a few days ago. Half the city is without power today. Just because the sun is out doesn't mean there isn't snow when the high is only in the 30s for the majority of the week. They are expecting more snow Friday.

Is there still snow in Tulsa? My sister's fiance lives in Tulsa and was without power for 2 days. I haven't talked to him, so I didn't know if there was still much snow there.

spudhog

this team we got is not pretty but they get the job done. 69-61 beverly with a late dagger.

olblueyes

Quote from: hoosier on December 13, 2007, 12:22:11 pm
Is the game on tv for us out of state? I could look it up but I'm trying to get my post count up ;)
Yes, on ESPN2.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

Oliver

December 13, 2007, 02:28:23 pm #23 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:30:47 pm by Oliver Miller
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 12, 2007, 10:13:02 pm
what is everyone thoughts on this upcoming game against Oklahoma?? GO HOGS GO  :razorback: :razorback:

Oklahoma plays VERY WELL at Lloyd Noble Center despite the loss to Stephen F. Austin.  I see us turning the ball over way too much again early in the game and falling into a hole that we can't shoot our way back out of.  Oklahoma lives and dies by the 3 point shot and we are usually terrible at guarding it.  I hope to walk down the street and attend this game and root on the Hogs but I see us losing 75-68.

blacksuit

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 13, 2007, 02:28:23 pm
Oklahoma plays VERY WELL at Lloyd Noble Center despite the loss to Stephen F. Austin.  I see us turning the ball over way too much again early in the game and falling into a hole that we can't shoot our way back out of.  Oklahoma lives and dies by the 3 point shot and we are usually terrible at guarding it.  I hope to walk down the street and attend this game and root on the Hogs but I see us losing 75-68.
]

Yeah, all bets are off playing on the road. Even Stan was able to beat Florida at home the year they won the championship.

Beaverfever

This is the biggest game of Pel's AR carreer thus far.  If we win by 5+ like we should I will start giving this team some credit.  Good teams beat teams like oklahoma on the road.  They are very average.

condohog

I would like a drink and hot dog coupon with my seats next year.   $3.50 or whatever for a candybay is ridiculous.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 13, 2007, 12:47:46 pm
It snowed a few days ago. Half the city is without power today. Just because the sun is out doesn't mean there isn't snow when the high is only in the 30s for the majority of the week. They are expecting more snow Friday.

Is there still snow in Tulsa? My sister's fiance lives in Tulsa and was without power for 2 days. I haven't talked to him, so I didn't know if there was still much snow there.

no snow in tulsa.....just yet

dad gum i hope we can make it saturday

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 13, 2007, 02:28:23 pm

arkansas will win the game.

Townes and Washington will be big in this one.

if we can keep Gary from turning the ball over 5 times, we win easily

mikeb

Quote from: condohog on December 13, 2007, 02:59:42 pm
I would like a drink and hot dog coupon with my seats next year.   $3.50 or whatever for a candybay is ridiculous.

WTH!?

blacksuit

Rayzback

Statistically speaking, I think I've read that they've only lost 2 out of last 60 nonconference games at home.... that'll be 3 Saturday.. :razorback:
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

SupaCrawf

I'm kind of a big deal.

blacksuit

Quote from: Rayzback on December 13, 2007, 07:09:52 pm
Statistically speaking, I think I've read that they've only lost 2 out of last 60 nonconference games at home.... that'll be 3 Saturday.. :razorback:

They haven't played us yet!

40MINSOFHELL

"I'm aware of Arkansas' trouble on the road. The true measure of a team, if you want to compete for a championship, you have to take care of home court and compete on the road. I told the guys, a lot of them have individual awards and I'm happy for them, but if I look at their records, what stands out more."

What a great coach we have, 40 MINS OF PEL