Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 13, 2024, 12:33:47 am

rakeshaw

Started by woopig22, December 11, 2007, 02:55:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woopig22

i just saw where pelphrey said rakeshaw will play on wed. night i dont know about what yall think but i think this will help out tremendously and we will be a much better team... Gary ervin can sit his ass on the bench now thank god

GO HOGS  :razorback:

AckaBacka

December 11, 2007, 02:55:49 pm #1 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:57:27 pm by AckaBacka
This is a Rakeshaw:

HoginHouston

This thread will probably get moved to the basketball forum...
Go Hogs Go.

BEvERage

Quote from: woopig22 on December 11, 2007, 02:55:17 pm
i just saw where pelphrey said rakeshaw will play on wed. night i dont know about what yall think but i think this will help out tremendously and we will be a much better team... Gary ervin can sit his ass on the bench now thank god

RAKEstraw is a shooting guard. Ervin is a point guard. Glad you are on top of the situation. Our rotation is fixed, now.

woopig22

no but he can play point a whole lot better than stupid ervin can   and he played point in high school

parrishw

Quote from: BEvERage on December 11, 2007, 03:01:20 pm
RAKEstraw is a shooting guard. Ervin is a point guard. Glad you are on top of the situation. Our rotation is fixed, now.

NO ..Ervin is not a point guard.............Ervin is a marginal player and a liability every time he steps out on the floor.............. is here because of Stan Heath

L.A.

i think gary has played welll coming off the bench

HogSophist

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 11, 2007, 02:55:49 pm
This is a Rakeshaw:

i thought it was a rickshaw?

I have no idea what a Rakeshaw is?

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Hog Fan from Camden

;D

Wild Bill Hog

And our need for low cost, clean transportation met.  Talk about Win/Win!

aristotle

Rake will be a good hand. He's a pure shooter. But point guard, I doubt. Besides, I thought John Tyson's son played point for Har-ber last year?

AckaBacka

Quote from: HogSophist on December 11, 2007, 03:03:45 pm
i thought it was a rickshaw?
It is a rickshaw.  I was just making fun of the guy who started the thread.  He knows exactly how to fix our BB team, buy can't be bothered with actually getting the players names right.

aar0n

Monday morning quarterback huh?

aar0n

So you are on the gus bus?

yraciv

Quote from: woopig22 on December 11, 2007, 03:02:44 pm
no but he can play point a whole lot better than stupid ervin can   and he played point in high school

I believe PJ Shannon played point.  I don't particularly like Ervin, but he is scoring 10 pts a game w/ 1.8 to/game.  On the topic of Rakestraw, he will be good zone buster, but no way he plays more then 10 min at SG/SF.

HogSophist

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 11, 2007, 03:07:34 pm
It is a rickshaw.  I was just making fun of the guy who started the thread.  He knows exactly how to fix our BB team, buy can't be bothered with actually getting the players names right.

cannot....stop....laughing....

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

bbulhogfan

why is everyone still hating on ervin? sure he had some HORRIBLE games last year but this year he is a completely different player. after a rough start and 10 combined tournovers in two games against CofC and Providence, he has ad 4 tournovers combined in the last 5 games and is averaging 11.6 points per game in that stretch. Sure ervin deserved some of the heat he was taking last year and at the beginning of this year, but not now, not when he is averaging 12 points and .8 tournovers a game in his last five

TRUHOG718

December 11, 2007, 04:56:49 pm #17 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:13:57 pm by TRUHOG718
I once Shaw a Rake in the yard near the back of a strip-club.  And a hoe too.  ;D
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Bells Paulsy

Don't know about the whole season, but PJ Shannon played point in the state tournament, and Tyson played a bit. Shannon's also the only reason they made it out of the semifinals against Catholic. Sanchez and Rakestraw were both shut down and PJ picked up the slack to barely scratch out a win. If not for poor reffing, Catholic would have won also. While I'm biased, Jimmy Dykes agreed. 

yraciv

Quote from: paul.lincicome on December 11, 2007, 05:07:50 pm
Don't know about the whole season, but PJ Shannon played point in the state tournament, and Tyson played a bit. Shannon's also the only reason they made it out of the semifinals against Catholic. Sanchez and Rakestraw were both shut down and PJ picked up the slack to barely scratch out a win. If not for poor reffing, Catholic would have won also. While I'm biased, Jimmy Dykes agreed. 

I was at the 4th quarter of that game, and completely agree and I'm 7A West biased.  Jake Bequette had his way in the post that night.

jgphillips3

Any time you put another pure shooter out on the floor, its a good thing.

PeytonManningSUCKS

We're gonna need Ervin down the stretch.  No reason to bash him. 

HawgAdvocate

no but he can play point a whole lot better than stupid ervin can   and he played point in high school

Wow. ...simply, wow.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Modsquad24

dude dont down our players forreal, thats not cool.

hogtheball

I've never seen Rakestraw play point (admittedly, I only saw him play 25 or 30 times in high school and AAU).   I think he'll do great in the lineup, but in no way will that affect Ervin's game.  Rake just gives Pelfrey a pure shooter to give us an option outside when trying to spread things out a bit.  There is no need to slam one player while praising another.  The coach knows who helps us when and where and doesn't need your help telling him who is "stupid" and who is not.  He sees them play every day, you know. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

jry04

Quote from: woopig22 on December 11, 2007, 02:55:17 pm

Have you even followed Arkansas basketball. You don't even know what Nate's last name is for one. Second, Ervin has been a HUGE part of our success so far. He is averaging around 1.7 turnovers a game. He has scored double digits in I believe 5 of our 8 games. You are a moron if you think Gary Ervin has sucked this year.

mbgrulz

Rakestraw looked way behind the curve tonight. he needs a lot more time/reps before he helps us out. who ever said he would help out at PG needs to get out of the jump ball forum.

jschulte

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 12, 2007, 08:07:37 pm
Have you even followed Arkansas basketball. You don't even know what Nate's last name is for one. Second, Ervin has been a HUGE part of our success so far. He is averaging around 1.7 turnovers a game. He has scored double digits in I believe 5 of our 8 games. You are a moron if you think Gary Ervin has sucked this year.

Unfortunately ervin struggled in the TO department today.. although his points did make up for it

And on Rake.. his defense needs some work big time.  The UTSA player was out beating him left and right.

Quite Frankly

He's not that good.  Pel was very disappointed when he saw him play the first time.

mtnmusic

Is it my imagination or has Ervin scored 17 tonight. I'm watching the stats on hogwired and not at the game.

40MINSOFHELL

Rakestraw is very slow and he reminds me of Shawn McCurdy and we all know how good he was...AWFUL lol

jschulte

Quote from: mtnmusic on December 12, 2007, 10:32:49 pm
Is it my imagination or has Ervin scored 17 tonight. I'm watching the stats on hogwired and not at the game.

Ervin has been a scoring machine this season... primarily in/around the paint of all places.

bbulhogfan

Ervin definitely scored 17 tonight and with the way he has played so far this year it isn't suprising. although he did have too many turnovers tonight, he has been a COMPLETELY different player from last year and the first couple of games this year.

Section B

Rakestraw is going to have to increase his quickness if he's going to see extended paly time, because right now he's too much of a defensive liability, no matter how well he can shoot the rock.

If the op's in a zone and we go to zone simultaneously then maybe he can get some minutes. otherwise.....  gonna be difficult.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

oldfart

john randle tyson is playing point this year.  did not start for harber last year
Quote from: aristotle on December 11, 2007, 03:06:35 pm
Rake will be a good hand. He's a pure shooter. But point guard, I doubt. Besides, I thought John Tyson's son played point for Har-ber last year?

diehardrbackfan

December 13, 2007, 01:48:27 am #35 Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:07:53 am by diehardrbackfan

gilndoc

Watching him play last night, I was pretty dissappointed.  On def he was a step behind all the time.  On offense, with them playing man he was pretty much useless.  How about that shoot that blocked from behind after a steal attempt.  He is going to have to pick up his pace quite a bit, hope it happens soon.  Go Rakeshaw ;D and the rest of the Hogs :razorback:

Toad Suck Pork

Rakestraw reminds me a lot of Jason Gilbert.  When R. Clark and Fortson get here next year, I don't know where he is going to fit in.  He can shoot but he doesn't look suited to play at SEC speed at all.

bigpigfan

Ervin has turned his game around.  I have faith that Coach Pel will do what he thinks is best for the team and I have seen a noticeable change in Ervin.  Of course half the haters in this thread don't even know if Gary is a point guard and promote players names they can't get right.

jry04

Quote from: mtnmusic on December 12, 2007, 10:32:49 pm
This is the 3rd straight game that Ervin has been our leading scorer. It is his 5th straight game to score double digits. It really isn't out of the norm...

Razorod

With Rakestraw, my guess is Pelphrey will give him some minutes in certain games where he feels the Hogs will win easily. A decision is likely to be made, at least in Pel's mind, during this non-conference stretch as to whether or not he can contribute. If Pel feels he just doesn't have it, I doubt you see Rakestraw getting many minutes once the conference season starts. Rakestraw may then decide to go elsewhere and that would free up a scholarship for next year's class. Anyway, that's how I see it playing out. Same may go for Patsa as well.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

wholehog92

Patsa seems to be OK on D and hustles well after loose balls.  If Rakestraw still looks that slow on the next outing, I doubt he sees much PT in the SEC unless as someone previously mentioned, both are in zone at the same time.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hogtheball

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on December 13, 2007, 08:51:34 am
Rakestraw reminds me a lot of Jason Gilbert.  When R. Clark and Fortson get here next year, I don't know where he is going to fit in.  He can shoot but he doesn't look suited to play at SEC speed at all.

Just because guys are white and can shoot well doesn't mean they are the same type of player.  Jason Gilbert is 5'8" with shoes on (I played against him a couple of weeks ago).  Rake is 6'4" or 6'5". 

Give the guy a chance.  Scotty Thurman is probaby the slowest defender who ever started for the Hogs and he found a way to fit in.  If you have a good shot, there is always a place on a team.   We needed a guy just like Rakestraw two years ago and didn't have one.  He was not recruited to be a Patrick Beverly, or even a Gary Ervin.  He was recruited because he is a pure shooter, a smart passer, and tall enough to be tough to guard on the perimeter.  How many championship rings would Michael Jordan and Scotty Pippen have if they didn't have John Paxton, B.J. Armstrong, and Steve Kerr to spread out the D and hit the open J?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

rolley polley piggy

December 13, 2007, 02:40:58 pm #43 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:42:39 pm by rolley polley piggy
Rakestraw 6'4" or 6'5"?

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30749&SPID=2421&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=1281187&Q_SEASON=2007

I was at the game last night and he didn't look much taller than me. I'm 5'6".

hogtheball

Quote from: rolley polley piggy on December 13, 2007, 02:40:58 pm
Rakestraw 6'4" or 6'5"?

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30749&SPID=2421&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=1281187&Q_SEASON=2007

I was at the game last night and he didn't look much taller than me. I'm 5'6".

Sorry, I'm 5'6" and I've talked to him before.  I don't even come up to his shoulders.

condohog

Maybe we should should start him over Weems.  It has seemed to work for BEV, GE, and DT.