Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sudden thought while watching the UF-Michigan game

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 02, 2017, 05:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I don't mean to be insensitive - especially to anyone affected by Hurricane Harvey.

That said, my first reaction when I saw the helmet decal that Florida players are wearing to demonstrate sympathy for those victims is that it's a perfect embodiment of what Texas football fans must be feeling these past few seasons.

Hogs49ers

Yah that should be their new logo.  Not trying to downplay the actual meaning either, but that is just too perfect.

My second thought after watching Florida, how lucky have we been with QBs at Arkansas??? I feel like we have a had a solid QB for about a decade now, and never really any QB competitions going on all season long.  Florida has just had sh1t for QB play since Tim Tebow and it feels like they have had an on going QB competition for like 10 years now haha.
SCREW Vandy!

HamSammich

When I saw that I didn't think at all about UT. I thought it was nice. I went to nrg with cots I collected this morning at 5 am and it's unreal.

Here in Houston there really isn't a huge UT fan base. It's really a pro sport city and somewhat a TAMu city. Too many transplants from outside of Texas for them to bleed orange.

Hog N Bama

Airforcehawg

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 02, 2017, 05:47:02 pm
Yah that should be their new logo.  Not trying to downplay the actual meaning either, but that is just too perfect.

My second thought after watching Florida, how lucky have we been with QBs at Arkansas??? I feel like we have a had a solid QB for about a decade now, and never really any QB competitions going on all season long.  Florida has just had sh1t for QB play since Tim Tebow and it feels like they have had an on going QB competition for like 10 years now haha.

My thought watching Florida was....Man we think our offensive line has issues.

HamSammich

Quote from: Airforcehawg on September 02, 2017, 06:13:06 pm

Yeah. No kidding

31to6

Quote from: Airforcehawg on September 02, 2017, 06:13:06 pm
Florida's offense is shockingly bad.

Rayzback

I thought..great, all season we'll get to hear Harbaugh (Stoops Lite), blahbity blah blah + something about the SEC.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Hoggish1

Florida is a soft football team.  If the game had gone another quarter they would have raised a white flag...  Their coach is not gonna last there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Isn't the swamp donkey an offensive coach by trade?
This is my non-signature signature.

greasy_corner

No way the swamp donkey (aka the shark spooner) survives this year. 

longpig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 02, 2017, 08:53:22 pm
Florida is a soft football team.  If the game had gone another quarter they would have raised a white flag...  Their coach is not gonna last there.

And Michigan struggled. For different reasons Harbaugh and Michigan's fanbase bug me almost as much as Jimbo and Fl. St.'s
Don't be scared, be smart.

redneckfriend

My thought? Two top twenty teams with bottom twenty quarterbacks. #3 for Michigan, not even considering his two pick sixes, just doesn't have the ability to make the big play when it is needed- kind of shocking really. It's a good thing for them their defense and running game are formidable. How Franks ever won the quarterback competition at Florida was beyond me until I saw Zaire. Allen is not elite I wouldn't say but he can make some throws under pressure.

davglo35

They'll hype michigan after this win but Florida is terrible. 11 yds rushing. McElwain is is gone if he doesn't turn it around and they look lost on offense. Michigan has 10 new starters on defense. That tells us a lot about florida offensively.