Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Message from Hunter Yurachek

Started by sowmonella, January 25, 2018, 03:07:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Email from Hunter Yurachek.

Hunter Yurachek <updates@arkansasrazorbacks.fan-one.com>

Greetings Fellow Razorbacks!
I want to welcome you to the first installment of periodic updates on your Arkansas Razorbacks. The world of intercollegiate athletics moves quickly and there is a lot that goes on day-to-day with our program. I want to make sure you are informed of what's happening with the Hogs.
As I complete my first full month in Fayetteville, there are so many exciting things I am learning about our program, our university and our state. Each and every day, I am reminded of the tremendous opportunities we have here at the University of Arkansas to field one of the most competitive athletics programs in the nation while helping our student-athletes graduate and achieve personal growth.
Certainly, one of the first things I wanted to explore was the progress of our ongoing Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium Renovation and North End Zone Addition. Shortly after I arrived, I heard from some of our fans concerned that the project was behind schedule and over budget.
After reviewing the details of the project, I can with great confidence state that neither of those statements are accurate. The project is on schedule and remains on pace to finish within the $160 million total project budget. In fact, as of the end of the 2017 calendar year we had spent $63 million of the allotted budget on the overall project. That was reassuring to me and I hope it will be to you as well. We are excited about opening the renovated Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018 against Eastern Illinois.
Throughout the remainder of this process, we will continue to update our Board of Trustees, President Donald Bobbitt and Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz. In addition, I want to begin to share those same updates with you and make them available in a public forum on the project website DWRRS.com. You are the lifeblood of our program and have made these important renovations possible. I encourage you to visit the link below to review the most recent and archived updates to the Board of Trustees.

BOARD UPDATES

Understandably, much has been made about the new suites, clubs and seating areas created in the renovation. Any time new elements are introduced they often garner a large share of the attention. But when you talk about the most significant impact of the renovation, there is no question what stands out is for the benefit of all fans.
When we open the gates for the 2018 football season, Razorback fans, for the first time ever, will be able to walk the entire stadium from north to south, from east to west, all on multiple concourses and via connection points throughout the stadium. Previous renovations and additions increased the stadium capacity, but movement between areas of the stadium remained difficult.
New entrances on the North end will increase the number of gates available for entry and provide access to fans approaching the stadium from that direction. The additional entry points will provide options to enter the stadium from any direction allowing fans an opportunity to enter gates most convenient to them. Our goal is to make your game day experience more efficient and more enjoyable and I believe these additions will greatly enhance your visit.
The renovation and north end zone addition also presents us an opportunity to remedy a challenge that was created by the incremental expansion of our stadium. After visiting with our Department of Athletics team, I began to understand that the current section numbering is inconsistent and confusing to many patrons, especially those that only attend a game or two annually. The north end zone addition, presents us the timely opportunity to solve that problem and renumber the east and south sides of the stadium. When you go through the renewal process and most importantly, when you visit our stadium this fall you will find that the stadium sections are now in numerical order throughout every level.
We know for those fans who have committed that section, row and seat number to memory, this will be an adjustment. Our staff is here to answer any questions and alleviate any concerns you might have about these modifications. I invite you to visit the link below, where you can see what the previous section was and what the new section will be.

VIEW MAP CHANGES

While our season opener is still more than seven months away, Razorback Football is full steam ahead. Or as Coach Chad Morris puts it, we are in the Left Lane with the Hammer Down. Coach Morris has completed his staff and is working the country in advance of the second National Signing Day in February. Beyond that, spring practice is on the horizon and continued preparation for the 2018 season.
One thing that has become abundantly clear to Coach Morris and me is the importance of the Razorbacks throughout the state. From every corner and region, people are Calling the Hogs. To better connect our new staff and program across the state this Spring, Coach Morris and I have decided that we will be taking the spring game to War Memorial Stadium on April 7.
This will provide an opportunity for Razorback fans in Central Arkansas to meet Coach Morris and his team and for each of us to get to know you. While staging an off-campus spring game is not traditionally permissible per conference guidelines, we appreciate the Southeastern Conference accommodating our request. The change in venue will also benefit the ongoing construction at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
In addition to the traditional spring game in Central Arkansas, we are planning a family friendly event in Northwest Arkansas as well. Many more details are to come, but I wanted to share with you some of the exciting things to be looking forward to this spring.
Until then, I look forward to joining you and the rest of the Razorback Nation as we cheer on our student-athletes competing for our university and our state. And as always, thank you for your passionate support of the Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!
Hunte
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

83grad

Spring Game at Little Rock....Oh My

younghog

Very thorough and informative..

I do love having the SPRING GAME IN THE ROCK.. APRIL 7TH.. HUGE

go hogs
GO HOGS

Uberanubis

Nm found what i was looking for ty for the update
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Flrazrback

clew

Cool.  I'm good with a spring game in WMS.
Pure as the dawn

pigture perfect

I like that he confirmed that he stadium renovation is on schedule and budget. I'm ready to see this team and see what this coaching staff can do.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hoggish1

Great idea to let Central Arkansas be the first fans to see the new Hogs! Brilliant.

razorchick73

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 25, 2018, 03:57:19 pm
Great idea to let Central Arkansas be the first fans to see the new Hogs! Brilliant.

I'm pumped.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 25, 2018, 03:57:19 pm

There will be an open scrimmage in Fayetteville before this game, I'd guess.

HawgWild

jgphillips3

I do think having the Spring game in Little Rock is a good thing.  It's a glorified practice and gives Little Rock an "almost game" where 73,000 wouldn't be packing DWRRS anyway.  Kind of a nice way to give Central Arkansas a "game" that doesn't mean anything monetarily or in standings but does have emotional meaning.  I would say this is a great move that doesn't take away a meaningful game from DWRRS and helps mend fences in Central Arkansas at the same time...win/win in my book. 

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 25, 2018, 05:37:27 pm
I do think having the Spring game in Little Rock is a good thing.  It's a glorified practice and gives Little Rock an "almost game" where 73,000 wouldn't be packing DWRRS anyway.  Kind of a nice way to give Central Arkansas a "game" that doesn't mean anything monetarily or in standings but does have emotional meaning.  I would say this is a great move that doesn't take away a meaningful game from DWRRS and helps mend fences in Central Arkansas at the same time...win/win in my book. 

Yeah, but I don't think it's something they'll get a waiver on every year, so I doubt it's anything but a one time deal.

sowmonella

One time deal because of construction.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

thebignasty

Time for LR to put up or shut up.  Need to fill WMS for the spring game this year.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

greenEGnHAWGS

It almost seems as if someone informed him of the past disconnect between previous administration and the fan base and he's looking to correct that.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PygmalionEffect2

An athletic director that can communicate effectively with detail to the fans of Razorback sports.

Novel

Why couldn't long think of it?
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

AlmaHog2011

I absolutely love it! I have great memories in the Rock!! Need to get the LR and other parts of the state back in the Razorback Family.

I go every year up to the red white game and Fayetteville and there is not a great crowd and they leave well before half.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: thebignasty on January 25, 2018, 06:44:04 pm
Time for LR to put up or shut up.  Need to fill WMS for the spring game this year.
;D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Piggfoot

January 25, 2018, 09:28:24 pm #21 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:39:43 pm by Piggfoot
[/quote Am I to understand you will not be there to support the team perhaps like the Coastal Carolina game?
When are you and people like you going to grow up and understand that jibes like you just made do no good for the program. Forgive me for falling to your level.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Freebrd

Thumbs up to the AD.  That was a great first move by yurachek to unify the fan base by giving insight into the BOT, the stadium budget and the work done to move the spring game to LR (albeit for just one year it seems).

thebignasty

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 25, 2018, 09:28:24 pm
Am I to understand you will not be there to support the team?

Depends on my work schedule.  If I find myself able to get down to LR and enjoy the spring game and an afternoon in LR, I certainly will.  Would've been the same answer if it was in Fayetteville, too.   

If having the spring game in the rock is what it takes to heal the fan base, I'm glad for it. 
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

kodiakisland

Spring game in LR.  Does that meet the SEC opponent qualifier?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

liljo

I've never heard of a letter like that to the public from an AD at Arkansas! Very informative, clear, and tasteful.

The way this AD is quietly handling things, but strategically keeping the fans in the loop is just very impressive to me. I understand completely that the stadium construction issue means the WAr Memorial Staduim Spring Game is likely a one time deal, but It's a practice game I'll tailgate and attend. Maybe if we DID pack the house it would generate more attention in the future.

I just appreciate the information. And thanks to the OP for sharing this.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

010HogFan

not entirely sure how I feel about the Spring game situation, but I love that he wrote a letter. Big upgrade in transparency and honesty already. The previous AD would rather get in Twitter fights and laugh at us from his ivory tower. Very refreshing.

rljjr

Regardless of the reasons why the spring game is in LR, this note is important for a number of reasons.
First, it shows Hunter is listening to people and getting the gist of what's important to the STATE.
Second, it proves he has been canvassing the state and talking to the people.
Third, he provided a sound update on the state of renovations.
Fourth, he worked with the SEC to secure an alternate location for the spring game.
Fifth, he worked with the city of LR and WMS to secure the venue for the game.

Early on he's proving he gets it, that he understands Arkansas, and that he's willing to communicate with Hog fans in person and in writing. It should also be noted that nowhere in this letter is a request for more money from us.

CaseyHawgDog

So we are losing the Ole Miss game in Little Rock replacing it with the spring practice game?
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne

ChitownHawg

I am still not used to him being the AD. I am like "I know that name but who is Hunter?" It took me a few minutes to remember he is our new AD.

Life was simpler when Frank was HC and AD.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 25, 2018, 09:41:39 pm
Spring game in LR.  Does that meet the SEC opponent qualifier?

This is the kind of schit that people think is funny until someone else takes it seriously. Can't we have ONE thread with the word STADIUM in it without starting the GSD.!?!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

theFlyingHog

I assume we will attend the spring game this year? I'm sure I can get golf2day to go, if I can find him on the golf course

Redhogs

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 26, 2018, 06:56:43 am
This is the kind of schit that people think is funny until someone else takes it seriously. Can't we have ONE thread with the word STADIUM in it without starting the GSD.!?!?
No.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ChitownHawg

Why the heck should central Arkansas get the first glimpse of the Morris offense?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HF#1

If you are WMS proponent, this is a good thing in my opinion. It hints that Yurachek has taken somewhat of a pro Little Rock stance. I wouldn't be surprised if this is followed up by a renewed contract in the coming year.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

oldhawg

Quote from: HF#1 on January 26, 2018, 08:01:19 am
If you are WMS proponent, this is a good thing in my opinion. It hints that Yurachek has taken somewhat of a pro Little Rock stance. I wouldn't be surprised if this is followed up by a renewed contract in the coming year.

If so, the decision will be a collaborative one, not made solely by him.  He is listening to people, and IMO will make a sound decision in the interests of the University of Arkansas football program.  That entails more than just the $$$ bottom line involved.

Whatever his decision is regarding extension of the contract to play games in War Memorial Stadium, one thing is for certain, some people will be happy, some will have reason to piss and moan some more.  Would be nice for both sides to let it rest for a couple of years.

Cotton

Can't wait til he yanks the contract next fall after teasing everybody with a one time only spring game..

The meltdown on here will be legendary!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Mr. Porkleone

At least game's at midday before it gets dark and can get out of there before my truck gets vandaled like last time there

HF#1

Quote from: oldhawg on January 26, 2018, 08:48:03 am
If so, the decision will be a collaborative one, not made solely by him.  He is listening to people, and IMO will make a sound decision in the interests of the University of Arkansas football program.  That entails more than just the $$$ bottom line involved.

Whatever his decision is regarding extension of the contract to play games in War Memorial Stadium, one thing is for certain, some people will be happy, some will have reason to piss and moan some more.  Would be nice for both sides to let it rest for a couple of years.

If there is a new contract, it will have to include renovation bonds issued to accommodate modern technology needs. So that could be an issue.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 05:48:03 pm
Yeah, but I don't think it's something they'll get a waiver on every year, so I doubt it's anything but a one time deal.

Maybe a continuing home and home series? ;)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

RME

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 26, 2018, 08:57:06 am
At least game's at midday before it gets dark and can get out of there before my truck gets vandaled like last time there

Can you clarify this for me? Or at least translate this Wikipedia page so I know what it means for a truck to get vandaled?

https://br.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandaled

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 26, 2018, 06:56:43 am
The SEC had to approve moving the spring game to Little Rock.  And they did.

by the way, did Yurachek actually say anywhere that the move was because of construction?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 26, 2018, 09:16:12 am

by the way, did Yurachek actually say anywhere that the move was because of construction?
In a roundabout way, yes.

QuoteThe change in venue will also benefit the ongoing construction at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

oldhawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 26, 2018, 09:16:12 am

"This will provide an opportunity for Razorback fans in Central Arkansas to meet Coach Morris and his team and for each of us to get to know you. While staging an off-campus spring game is not traditionally permissible per conference guidelines, we appreciate the Southeastern Conference accommodating our request. The change in venue will also benefit the ongoing construction at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium."

HF#1

So will Razorfest happen in LR too?

sowmonella

Quote from: HF#1 on January 26, 2018, 09:32:21 am
So will Razorfest happen in LR too?

No I believe it will still be on the hill.

Cotton

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 09:13:45 am
Can you clarify this for me? Or at least translate this Wikipedia page so I know what it means for a truck to get vandaled?

https://br.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandaled
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals

Got ya. Those damn Sweeds like to cause trouble on Markham.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

RME

Quote from: Cotton on January 26, 2018, 09:58:12 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals

Got ya. Those damn Sweeds like to cause trouble on Markham.

+1. Made me chuckle.

Ya know, the classic Little Rock Swedish gang families...the Johansson gang...the Larsson gang...the Nilsson gang...

Pretty brutal organizations. Trucks beware.

J-Five

How many showed up for last year's spring game (In Fayetteville)?  I'd be willing to wager that it was less than 55K...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"