Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff in football

Started by mikeb, August 12, 2005, 10:21:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeb

Did any of you guy's listen yesterday on ESPN radio? Eric Sullies (I know I spelled his name wrong) but any way he was saying that because of the new rule on mascots there is a loop hole for affiliates to produce a playoff game between the 2 best teams in college football. The NCAA said they have no control over post season games so thats why the mascots can be there for those games. So Eric said if they have know control then someone like FOX or ESPN can buy the rights to a playoff game buy giving the school money and in return putting them on national T.V. spot and raking in big cash. This of coarse would be after the bowl games but hey who knows he may have something here. Wishful thinking maybe,maybe not what do you guy's think?

razorprep

The key would be recognition by the major polls...  Teams aren't going to risk injury to key players for a payday that doesn't matter.  Plus, it would mean the schools have to stand up to the NCAA - something they haven't proven they are willing to do!

mikeb

Quote from: razorprep on August 12, 2005, 10:25:08 am
The key would be recognition by the major polls... Teams aren't going to risk injury to key players for a payday that doesn't matter. Plus, it would mean the schools have to stand up to the NCAA - something they haven't proven they are willing to do!
well that may be true but money always helps change the minds of people.................like maybe 20 or 30 million for both schools for just one game not bad.

razorprep

The money might be enough to entice schools to play an extra game...  It might also be enough to entice the NCAA lawyers to find a way to get a share.  You have to beleive the NCAA would do everything it could to get involved.

mikeb

Quote from: razorprep on August 12, 2005, 10:42:20 am
The money might be enough to entice schools to play an extra game... It might also be enough to entice the NCAA lawyers to find a way to get a share. You have to beleive the NCAA would do everything it could to get involved.
But that just thing they said that they have no control in post season play

RBLtoHOG

I heard someone say something about a CFA or something that will prolly take the NCAA's place? Then again the person that told me this usually makes stuff up to sound like he knows stuff so i doubt theres already a CFA but j. makin sure?
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!