Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Wallace and Tyson

Started by ledhead830, August 11, 2005, 02:59:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ledhead830

August 11, 2005, 02:59:22 pm Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 03:01:17 pm by ledhead830
Wallace Spearmon finished 2nd in the 200 meter dash at his first World Championships.  Tyson Gay placed fourth in the same events with Justin Gatlin and John Capel coming in first and third respectively.  Congrats to the former Hogs.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

Boarcephus

Evidently Capel is being accused of a little "hazing" incident directly at both Gay and Spearman.  Hasn't really named names but is calling them punks for crying about it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Porquemada

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 11, 2005, 04:53:22 pm
Evidently Capel is being accused of a little "hazing" incident directly at both Gay and Spearman.  Hasn't really named names but is calling them punks for crying about it.
Capel was caught watching the other athletes shower.

Buck Ocean

"I knew Tyson gets out very fast, and Wallace comes on strong at the end," Gatlin said. "I had to make sure I was patient throughout the whole race. I was pawning, playing chess with the guys."

Tyson ran under 20 in a couple of the early heats......with some time and discipline he can save that energy for the finals and place higher.

Defending world 200-meter champion John Capel criticized unspecified younger sprinters on the U.S. team for their reaction to a hazing incident at the world track and field championships, calling them "a bunch of little punks."

Uh.....thats HOGS, not punks......he's hatin because they showed him up all week.  If he had finished below 3rd then he would really bring out the arsenal.
Think like a Jedi

3kgthog

Capel hadn't done jack the entire track season.  He was lucky to even be at the World Championships at all.  Usually you don't call people cry babies and punks that are whipping your butt in every race and have season best times a lot faster than his.  He'll be lucky to ever place in another major 200m race now that Spearmon, Gay, and Gatlin are going to own him.