Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Debate... again

Started by razorprep, August 11, 2005, 12:58:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorprep

Any truth to the rumor that after this year LR will only get 2 lesser non-conf games, and Fay will get all SEC and all big non-conf games??  A friend who's in the know told me that's the latest from the hill!!

Anti-OtisII

PLEASE NOOOOOOO!  Do we have to start this crap all over again?

BTW, welcome to the board. ;)

mikeirwin

The only way they'd do that is if tickets sales at RRS were lagging which they are not at this moment.
The LSU game will continue to be in LR unless the week of the game is changed.

razorprep

I know...  I know...
Either way is fine with me...  I typicall travel to NWA about three times...
I hope there's no truth to it...  just what I've been told!

idochog

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 01:06:09 pm
The only way they'd do that is if tickets sales at RRS were lagging which they are not at this moment.

That has been talked about for awhile, I wish they would move the LSU game after Thanksgiving by 1 week and put it on a Saturday.
I love Jesus!

razorprep

I personally hope the LSU game stays in LR, but you never know...
With the new baseball park being built in NLR - any chance the baseball team might play a series in central arkansas??
;D

PorcineSublime

August 11, 2005, 01:42:46 pm #6 Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 02:08:53 pm by PorcineSublime
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they played a non-conference series there. Baum Stadium would be hard to beat for atmosphere though.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

razorprep

We'll have to wait and see what the new baseball park in NLR is like, but I'd love to see the baseball Hogs come for a series!

ghg1

Quote from: razorprep on August 11, 2005, 01:11:06 pm
With the new baseball park being built in NLR - any chance the baseball team might play a series in central arkansas??
;D

No.

mikeirwin

Quote from: ghg1 on August 11, 2005, 01:46:04 pm
Quote from: razorprep on August 11, 2005, 01:11:06 pm
;D

No.
Yes.

RBLtoHOG

I wish they would move LSU to Fayettenam.... Its only about a 45 minute drive from the Fort and Little Rrock is about 2 hours
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

mikeirwin

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on August 11, 2005, 02:23:45 pm
I wish they would move LSU to Fayettenam.... Its only about a 45 minute drive from the Fort and Little Rrock is about 2 hours
Since Nutt arrived the Hogs have only lost once to the Tigers in LR.
Drive more, see a win. Drive less, watch 'em get beat. Not a hard decision if you think about it.

ocelot_ark

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 03:01:54 pm
Drive more, see a win. Drive less, watch 'em get beat. Not a hard decision if you think about it.

Nice logic. Who's to say that those games wouldn't have been wins had they been played in RRS? Who's to say that the RRS losses wouldn't be losses in LR? When are we going to stop blaming losses on whether or not the fans do their part and start putting the blame on the man who calls the plays, recruits the players, etc.??

Macgyver_Hawg

If the stadium is why we win or lose I'm giving up on Razorback Football.  And if Fayetteville is too hard to win at because of the stadium then the team shouldn't be division 1.

hogsanity

Quote from: idochog on August 11, 2005, 01:08:14 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 01:06:09 pm

That has been talked about for awhile, I wish they would move the LSU game after Thanksgiving by 1 week and put it on a Saturday.

Cant move the lsu game back a week cause thats the SEC title game weekend.  And I dont know with the new 12th game if they can move it up a week either.  Now, they could make it to where the LSu game is not our last LSU game, but then that is rivalry weekend in the SEc so then tn/vandy/  ms/msu/ bama/aub and sc/clem would have to be changed to.  Looks like the LSu game will ALWAYS be the fri or sat after thanksgiving.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

mikeirwin

August 11, 2005, 03:18:36 pm #15 Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 03:20:16 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: ocelot_ark on August 11, 2005, 03:05:34 pm

Nice logic. Who's to say that those games wouldn't have been wins had they been played in RRS? Who's to say that the RRS losses wouldn't be losses in LR? When are we going to stop blaming losses on whether or not the fans do their part and start putting the blame on the man who calls the plays, recruits the players, etc.??
Has something to do with SEC winning percentage under Nutt.
RRS: 11-8
WMS: 8-1

hogrocker

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 03:18:36 pm

Might that have something to do with the fact that, LSU excepted, we generally play the tougher opponents (TN, AL, FL, AU) in RRS?

Jim Harris

Quote from: razorprep on August 11, 2005, 12:58:24 pm
Any truth to the rumor that after this year LR will only get 2 lesser non-conf games, and Fay will get all SEC and all big non-conf games??  A friend who's in the know told me that's the latest from the hill!!

Matt Shanklin would like that, including playing LSU up on the Hill, but nothing has been decided for 2007's schedule.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

mikeirwin

August 11, 2005, 04:25:31 pm #18 Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 04:30:43 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: hogrocker on August 11, 2005, 03:40:11 pm

Might that have something to do with the fact that, LSU excepted, we generally play the tougher opponents (TN, AL, FL, AU) in RRS?
Okay compare Arkansas vs LSU in WMS vs Arkansas-TN, AL, FL and AU in RRS.
WMS 3-1
RRS 6-6
No comparison in the winning precentage.

hogrocker

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 04:25:31 pm
Quote from: hogrocker on August 11, 2005, 03:40:11 pm

Okay compare Arkansas vs LSU in WMS vs Arkansas-TN, AL, FL and AU in RRS.
No comparison in the winning precentage.

You may be right.  To know for certain, you would have to compare the records and stats of TN, AL, FL, AU, GA and TX the years we played them in RRS with LSU's records and stats the years we played them in WMS.  As I recall, LSU wasn't terribly dominant prior to the Nick Saban era.  If we're gonna make these comparisons, let's do it apples-to-apples.

ghg1

Since Nutt took over only 4 SEC teams have played at WMS, and 3 of those are the historical bottom feeders.

RRS
Alabama (4)
Ole Miss (4)
Auburn (3)
Tennessee (2)
Georgia (2)
Miss State (2)
Kentucky
Florida

WMS
LSU (4)
South Carolina (3)
Miss State
Kentucky

hogrocker

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Fayetteville fans are bandwagoners plain and simple. LR fans are not. Its something special to them. You wont see stupid girls that know nothing about football, spend three hours getting ready for a game and then want to leave at halftime in LR. Plus way better tailgating!  ;D

Anti-OtisII

Since these kind of arguments are pointless anyway, I will give it to you the other way.  Since the Hogs joined the SEC, the Razorbacks are UNDEFEATED (1-0) against LSU in Fayetteville.  During that same time period they are only .500 (3-3) against LSU at War Memorial.  So maybe we need to move the LSU game to Fayetteville so that we can be quaranteed a win.  That was the same kind of logic used by some to justify moving more SEC games to LR until last year's buttkicking by LSU.  Since we joined the SEC, we have also defeated both Tennessee and Bama in Fayetteville, but have never beaten those team in LR.  The only SEC team that we have played against both in Fayevetteville and LR in which we have only beaten in LR is.........Kentucky.  The Hogs have lost all of their home games against both Florida and Georgia in Fayetteville, but they have never played those teams in Little Rock so it is hard to say that they could have won those games if they had been played at WMS.  Kind of like we have gotten our butt kicked by Miami at WMS both times we have played them.

ocelot_ark

Yeah...I know this doesn't come into play for you alumni, or those of you who didn't even attend the UofA, but IMO if you actually fork over THOUSANDS of dollars every semester for tuition (in my case, out of state), your games should be in the town where your tuition checks are cashed. The freakin' University owes a LOT more to the students than it does central AR.

ghg1

UA's record against SEC teams that have played at both places. 

Alabama
RRS -- 3-2
WMS -- 0-2

Ole Miss
RRS -- 7-1
WMS -- 7-6-1

Miss State
RRS -- 3-0
WMS -- 2-0-1

LSU
RRS -- 1-0
WMS -- 5-8