Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, is this the dark side???

Started by JoeHogWild, August 11, 2005, 10:20:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHogWild

Just kidding.

I had to stop by and sign up since I heard my old buddy BiggusPiggus had a good site.  I have to admit, it's a good looking site.  Are there practice reports???  What else about the site will a greenhorn like me enjoy?  Why do I feel like a traitor?

Btw, Biggus, The offer to have a charity boxing match still stands - we could raise a lot of $ for the Razorback foundation.

wps

Swino

Dark side?  Nah.   it isn't happy valley either though.  Everyone is welcome to express their opinion whether they are good or bad.  As far as the site goes, take some time to really explore the space.  Don't hesitate to try new buttons or ask for help.  Welcome.

Biggus Piggus

I don't care about you that much, joe.  There's a guy over on Rivals, BTW, who has taken your mantle as the most wildly optimistic poster.  You've actually mellowed in your mid age.  Anything you post on sports is always welcome here.

To recap my recent stuff, my view is that the time to fire Nutt is past, and it's better for the program to stick with him and let him recruit than to start over now.  Otherwise we'd risk adding a bad recruiting class to weak ones in 2002-03 and a (thin? inconsistent? missed some needs?) one in 2005.  Still want him to add a special teams ace to the coaching staff + get serious about the kicking and punting game.  Not coverages, placements, punts and returns.  Also want him to get real and find a recruiting coordinator he can really delegate to.  Don't care about the Springdale Five as long as we get the right level of talent and address the right needs.
[CENSORED]!

Feralhog

Last year we had different posters going to practice and giving reports, since they're closed this year I've not seen any reports. It's a little disappointing.  This morning for example, listening to Mike on press row, he spoke of how impressive the freshmen backs looked.  I go to Hawgs Illustrated and guess what they talk about in their practice report?  Tight Ends!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know why I keep giving them money?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

JoeHogWild

My wife told me the same thing the other day, except she said "old-age".  I agreed with her.  I'll be 37 next Tuesday but feel more like 47 or even 57.

Btw, Biggus, sad to here you don't care about me.  I thought we had a thing going.

Good site.  I look forward to seeing more of it down the road.

wps

Biggus Piggus

I said I didn't care THAT much.  Regardless, this board encourages discussion and uses the fire extinguisher on silly flaming crap.  If you want abuse or stupid jokes, there are obvious places to go for that.  We will not eject a member for having a contrary opinion.  And the board does not enforce a party line.
[CENSORED]!

idochog

Quote from: opineonswine on August 11, 2005, 11:47:05 am
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 11, 2005, 11:06:43 am
I said I didn't care THAT much. Regardless, this board encourages discussion and uses the fire extinguisher on silly flaming crap. If you want abuse or stupid jokes, there are obvious places to go for that. We will not eject a member for having a contrary opinion. And the board does not enforce a party line.

And that is so refreshing. Those other two sites with the sunshine nazis just didn't like my blunt assessment of "their boy".

Yeah, I got busted on Razors Edge for Calling out God (GRIT KIRK) about his biased reporting.  I asked how GRIT can be un-biased when he makes his living from the info he gets from HDN on his recruiting report.  That simple question got me banned from there.  GRIT is HDN's tool
I love Jesus!

Anti-OtisII

Grit is more than a tool.  He is a steaming pantload and some his most recent articles in the Dem rag have been absolutely embarrassing.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: JoeHogWild on August 11, 2005, 10:20:41 am
Just kidding.

I had to stop by and sign up since I heard my old buddy BiggusPiggus had a good site. I have to admit, it's a good looking site. Are there practice reports??? What else about the site will a greenhorn like me enjoy? Why do I feel like a traitor?

Btw, Biggus, The offer to have a charity boxing match still stands - we could raise a lot of $ for the Razorback foundation.

wps

I would say "frick you dumas", but I just remembered which board I'm on.  Never mind. ;D

madduckdog

I am here representing "THE FELLER SHIP OF THE FRANK". "The FRANK is always right". Let the Frank do the fire-in this is the only true way. It is very powerfull those who have the "FELLERSHIP" can relax and enjoy total HOGTOPIA and just worry about the game at hand.

idochog

I wouldnt classify alot of us as darksiders, We are just freaking tired of 6 and 7 win seasons and crap bowl games.  Is there anything wrong with not liking that?
I love Jesus!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: JoeHogWild on August 11, 2005, 10:20:41 am
Just kidding.

I had to stop by and sign up since I heard my old buddy BiggusPiggus had a good site.  I have to admit, it's a good looking site.  Are there practice reports???  What else about the site will a greenhorn like me enjoy?  Why do I feel like a traitor?

wps
Welcome to the darkside. Having the opportunity to evaluate reality based on your own ability to think, it takes some getting used to, but we like it. Just keep it light and don't get personal, otherwise you are free to fire away.  Hogville 4,000 strong and growing. WOO HOOO!!!!
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 11, 2005, 10:38:36 am
To recap my recent stuff, my view is that the time to fire Nutt is past, and it's better for the program to stick with him and let him recruit than to start over now. Otherwise we'd risk adding a bad recruiting class to weak ones in 2002-03 and a (thin? inconsistent? missed some needs?) one in 2005. Still want him to add a special teams ace to the coaching staff + get serious about the kicking and punting game. Not coverages, placements, punts and returns. Also want him to get real and find a recruiting coordinator he can really delegate to. Don't care about the Springdale Five as long as we get the right level of talent and address the right needs.

That's the best point of view I've seen on this site regarding Nutt and the Springdale 5.  Just 23 more days left of reading the same Nutt hating posts over and over again.  GO HOGS!!!

madduckdog

as you see some do not respect THE FRANK. They have lost their way always looking for a silver bluet to fix problems. A sad sight but one we have all seen before.

jeand101

I hope I am not a member of the dark side!!  Just kidding.   I really enjoy this site.

Feralhog

You can check me on this one bunky, but I've never known a time when a silver bluet ever fixed a thing. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

abq

Quote from: JoeHogWild on August 11, 2005, 11:00:59 am

Btw, Biggus, sad to here you don't care about me. I thought we had a thing going.

When he gets to drinkin' you are all he talks about.

8)