Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone watch 98 Alabama @ Fayetteville?

Started by Method Ham, August 10, 2005, 08:02:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Method Ham

It was on Cox Sports the other day...my dvr picked it up. 

Very interesting to see how the receivers where the bizz-omb that game.  Joe Dean Davenport hurdled an Alabama defender into the endzone and Michael Snowden I think scored twice on big receptions.

How pimp was Fitz Hill?  I think we need to go get him back and dump She-best.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Bomis Hawg

Michael Snowden on the deep TD pass was a thing of absolute beauty.

I don't care what those clowns in the Bama/Means deal have to say about him, but I'd take Dr Fitz Hill back in a heartbeat.

hawgfan_18

ya i watched it, was great to see us when we had a defense!

Method Ham

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on August 10, 2005, 08:08:08 pm
ya i watched it, was great to see us when we had a defense!

I really think Herring's gonna bring back that Keith Burns fire and intensity.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

3kgthog

It was nice to see receivers that could block and run a route, both of which we have seen very little of lately. 

Some things never change though. HDN was still biting his nails.  ;D

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

_Collin1

Quote from: Method Ham on August 10, 2005, 08:02:09 pm
It was on Cox Sports the other day...my dvr picked it up.

Very interesting to see how the receivers where the bizz-omb that game. Joe Dean Davenport hurdled an Alabama defender into the endzone and Michael Snowden I think scored twice on big receptions.

How pimp was Fitz Hill? I think we need to go get him back and dump She-best.

Oh yeah I was there.....  From memory...  night game... Bama picked big to roll over us.  Shaun Alexander was there for Bama.  I remember my buddy and I watching Jeromy Flowers making plays all over the place on defense and wondering why he spelled his name Jeromy and not Jeremy. 

Bama picked big... Ark scored over 40 if I remember and we COULD NOT BE STOPPED.  I have been waiting for a a conference game like that... being the underdog and just mopping up the field with them....

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Bomis Hawg

A 42-6 beat-down on ESPN2 at night, if I remember right.  That was definately an awesome game.

Feralhog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 10, 2005, 09:38:28 pm
A 42-6 beat-down on ESPN2 at night, if I remember right. That was definately an awesome game.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing or reading, that it was the worse SEC defeat in Bama history. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Bomis Hawg

Auburn crushed them a few times in their history.  I think it was one of the worse home losses in Bama history.  Auburn beat them 48-0 at home once.  I might have overlooked one somewhere, but thats the only other big loss I saw that was bigger or as big as the Arkansas win.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I was there in person.  My sister who was going there at the time got me and my dad tickets.  I was in town for a teacher training workshop, and I was sneaking out early.  The facilitator lady asked me what I was doing.  I was honest with her and after she looked at me for about 5 seconds she said:  "What are you still doing here?  If I had tickets I would bust out of here too"

Best fun with my dad at a game since I was probably 8 years old back in the 70's.

Arkapigdiesel

I was in the student section with a big group.  We were tanked, of course.  Man, that was a great game.  I'll never forget when it was early in the game and Madre Hill fumbled deep into 'bama territory and I said to myself "here we go again" (The Danny Ford era was still fresh in my mind).  Boy was I wrong.....That was a fun a$$ game to watch!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 10, 2005, 09:48:03 pm
Auburn crushed them a few times in their history. I think it was one of the worse home losses in Bama history. Auburn beat them 48-0 at home once. I might have overlooked one somewhere, but thats the only other big loss I saw that was bigger or as big as the Arkansas win.

Not to nitpick, but wasn't that an "away" loss for them.  I know it was one of their worst, no matter where the buttwhooping may have been administered.

Bomis Hawg

Yeah, it wasn't in Tuscaloosa...

I kept seeing all of the blowouts and was thinking, "Yeah, it was a road game."

Not enough Z's last night, doesn't help much. ;D   A Fayettenam style beat-down.

cityhog

I was there w/ my sister.  Man that was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

101st Hogborne

That was my son's first Hog Game! He was 7 years old. I will never forget when in the 3rd Quarter he looked up and said "Dad, this is the best day of my whole life!" I knew then that the Lord had blessed me with a Hog Fan as a son lol

Feralhog

August 11, 2005, 10:10:41 am #16 Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 05:06:31 pm by Feralhog
I sat with my cousin who was part of a caravan from Tuscaloosa, that included her husband. She was suppose to sit with the Bammers but after the long trip to Nam, she had her fill, and asked to sit with me. 

While we were tailgating, I have to say the Bama foke were puffing it pretty good, saying s*** like, "how you gonna stop the best back in the SEC?"  blah blah.  When everyone began making their way toward the stadium, a friend of mine, who weighs about a 145 lbs - most of it heart -  shouted with a defiant sneer, "I'll give you Bama and 10 points for a hundred bucks!"  The response he got was priceless.  Everyone froze in their tracks and cast a confounded look of, "who the hell said that?" in our direction.   I just stood there like a slug, pointing at my friend, every bit as shocked as those bama frikers. 

The roll tiders then glanced to their leader, my cousin's husband, who for a moment, acted as though he was gonna take my little buddy up on the bet.  But my friend had laid the perfect trap.  Accepting the bet would mean admitting Bama needed the points. And like clock work, his tide ego kicked in,  and with a curl in his upper lip, he slumped  his shoulders and snarled "nah!"  then proceeded to sulk his way to the stadium followed by the caravan of bama faithful, knowing they had dropped a notch or two in our estimation.  Looking back, that was the first of many blows those poor friks suffered that night.  To this day, the ballsiest move I've ever seen!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Jim Harris

Quote from: Feralhog on August 10, 2005, 09:39:51 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 10, 2005, 09:38:28 pm
A 42-6 beat-down on ESPN2 at night, if I remember right. That was definately an awesome game.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing or reading, that it was the worse SEC defeat in Bama history. 

It was Alabama's worst SEC loss SINCE a 41-0 pasting by Auburn in 1957 when Ears Whitworth was the Bama coach.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

kennyr71

Anyone know where a person could get a copy of that game?

Jim Harris

Quote from: kennyr71 on August 11, 2005, 11:43:38 am

for the money, I'll make you a copy. Buy me one of those convert-VHS-to-DVD deals and you've got it. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

kennyr71

Quote from: drakehog on August 11, 2005, 12:18:37 pm
Quote from: kennyr71 on August 11, 2005, 11:43:38 am

for the money, I'll make you a copy. Buy me one of those convert-VHS-to-DVD deals and you've got it. ;D

Or,

Send me the tape, and I will send you a DVD!!! ;)

Flatfoot

I believe eveything except the 79 shot at Bella Vista!  ;D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: UAGrad95 on August 11, 2005, 02:45:38 pm
Friday afternoon driving up to the game, my wife's doctor called on our cell to tell us we were preggers with our first. Got into town and bought a "Hog Fan On Board" T-shirt at the place next to Sonic south of campus. Wore that shirt into the in-laws' house. Father in law didn't notice...mother-in-law went berserk.

Played golf at Bella Vista Country Club and shot 79 that morning. Beat the hell outta Bama that night. I looked at my buddy Richard in the 4th quarter and said, "This is the best weekend of my entire life."

Great game!

THAT is a great story.

HBTHogs

I remember watching that game at home (off of Cleveland avenue at the time) and every time we'd score the windows would rattle.  If I remember correctly it was a good night and the windows rattled again. :-*