Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr. Wallice Hall, the man... the legend

Started by Swino, August 09, 2005, 02:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

http://www.wholehogsports.com/story_print.php?paper=adg&storyid=124465

Good to see that Arkansas, or "Reciever U" as he calls it, is back on top with 2 great recievers by the name of Chris Maker and Anthony Brown. ???

How does he keep his job??  Does he read his own paper? 

GorillaJMonsoon

August 09, 2005, 02:34:22 pm #1 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:29:58 am by GorillaJMonsoon

Skip Foreplay

Chris' Dad is the distiller of Maker's Mark I believe
Quote from: Swino on August 09, 2005, 02:08:32 pm

Good to see that Arkansas, or "Reciever U" as he calls it, is back on top with 2 great recievers by the name of Chris Maker and Anthony Brown. ???

How does he keep his job?? Does he read his own paper?

Skip Foreplay

What about Marcus Hunk?

Skip Foreplay

http://www.wholehogsports.com/story_print.php?paper=adg&storyid=124465  Swino, You are one of my fav posters, but you read his
god aweful Rag...shame on you.

Big Papa Satan

Is Whally too high and mighty to have an editor look at his column?

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Read the fine print.

He is the editor.  That's what makes it so sad.

Big Papa Satan

I know he is the sports editor, but you'd think that he answers to someone that would tell him of the factual and grammatical errors from time to time.

Sounds like they need to let him write his column and send him to the house like the AJC did to Furman Bisher years ago.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Sports Editors do edit the sports page.  The only difference is that it is the sports page, not the whole paper.  the fact that he can't edit his own column would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

And my only problem with your solution was the first part:  you suggested he actually write his column before sending him home. :D

Porquemada

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on August 09, 2005, 08:08:04 pm
Read the fine print.

He is the editor.  That's what makes it so sad.
Obviously that job does not require a working knowledge of sports or command of the English language to fulfill.

Porquemada

It's just a matter of time before Wally wins the National Sportswriter of the Year Award for his annual "What I ate at the Kentucky Derby" article. He'll be moving on to greener pastures after that brush with greatness and go down in journalism history as one of the best sports scribes - period.  Or maybe he will stick around here and dig out the same article about P.A.R.K when things get slow. Either way we are very lucky to have such a sports legend in our midst. :puke: 

CorningHog

I saw that today too!  Man, he is sadly getting paid for such a poor job.  His ramblings are so random and out of date that he always gets things wrong.  I don't know how he gets paid for that.  Of course, some others aren't much better.  I have seen a few grammatical stuff on Dudley's columns too, but you overlook those because we all like Dudley.

Wally is such a goofball and some of his takes on things are so off the wall, he certainly does not speak for the "people" or the fans, just plain old "wally hall's opinion".

I read it for a laugh not for my sports info.

Go HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Bomis Hawg