Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike, Bo, etc. I know how you can have a dramatic impact on the UofA

Started by Patch, August 09, 2005, 12:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Patch

Let those in charge know how the fans feel about Hogwired. I don't think I'm getting too extreme when I say it's probably the most pathetic website that any Major Division 1 school has. It is never up to date. For the past two days, I've been trying to get on and view some of the reports. Out of about 10 attempts, only 1 has worked. Heaven forbid we actually put interactive video's, interviews, virtual tours, etc. on it. And I'd bet that potential recruits look at it as well.
Once again:

HOGWIRED SUCKS! I HATE IT!

ReturnToDynasty?

You know, I have never thought about it before but you are right.  Our sight is truly embarrassing.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Patch on August 09, 2005, 12:43:01 pm
Let those in charge know how the fans feel about Hogwired. I don't think I'm getting too extreme when I say it's probably the most pathetic website that any Major Division 1 school has. It is never up to date. For the past two days, I've been trying to get on and view some of the reports. Out of about 10 attempts, only 1 has worked. Heaven forbid we actually put interactive video's, interviews, virtual tours, etc. on it. And I'd bet that potential recruits look at it as well.
Once again:

I've heard that they are hiring a webmaster. I'll ask about that today when I'm over there.

Patch

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 09, 2005, 12:57:15 pm
Once again:

I've heard that they are hiring a webmaster. I'll ask about that today when I'm over there.

You rock Mike

CorningHog

Yeah, I tried to get on there last night and it would not pull up on the internet.  We could use some crack pots getting interested in helping sell the U of A on the internet.  More and more people and especially recruits look at this stuff.  Fans too.  It would be nice to get that site modernized!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Since 1894

I too had trouble getting on yesterday and today, I bet they are having a server error / problem.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Razorback Jedi

Razorback Jedi

mikeirwin

Quote from: Patch on August 09, 2005, 01:01:34 pm
Once again:

You rock Mike
They are NOT hiring a webmaster. Apparently they are planning some changes but the SID people who are already over worked will continue to operate Hogwired.

pioneerhog

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 09, 2005, 07:51:05 pm
Once again:

You rock Mike
They are NOT hiring a webmaster. Apparently they are planning some changes but the SID people who are already over worked will continue to operate Hogwired.
So it will continue to SUCK.

Big Papa Satan

I've tried to pull that darn site up, no luck. 

Is there anywhere one can find an updated roster?  I figure the one on Hogwired is probably still out of date.

The Professor

Hogwired is very weak..... look at the Longhorns website... it has everything, and something I really like about theirs is that is shows future schedules. HoustonNutt.com is not bad, the info is not real up to date but it looks much better than Hogwired.
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/
http://www.houstonnutt.com
----All games should be in Fayetteville PERIOD----

Slacker

Quote from: DR on August 09, 2005, 08:12:05 pm
I've tried to pull that Shiite site up, no luck. 

Is there anywhere one can find an updated roster?  I figure the one on Hogwired is probably still out of date.

;)  Word has it... it is a two pronged attack against internet message boards. They're closing practice in tandem with putting up a crappy web page that represents U of A Athletics, just to hack off message board enthusiast, and "Make the media actually work for a living"  ;) I don't have any inside information or anything. But I have cousin named Mitch that had his hair cut by a guy in Houston who told me that!  ;D

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Slacker on August 09, 2005, 08:21:29 pm;)  Word has it... it is a two pronged attack against internet message boards.

Ha.  It must be an ongoing thing, because Hogwired has always sucked hind tit.

Bomis Hawg

For one, Arkansas doesn't have much of the future schedules done -- Utah State, ULM, TCU, USC, and the SEC schedule.

Hogwired has the concept down, but nothing to go with it.  I also like Michigan's site.

Sbrokeski

Not that I'm trying to push my Aggie propaganda as usual but, I've really been impressed with this website.  www.aggieathletics.com
For the record, hogwired does stink.  I do kinda like the flash on the homepage with all the records, stats, awards,etc.

Slacker

Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 09:04:08 pm
Not that I'm trying to push my Aggie propaganda as usual but, I've really been impressed with this website.  www.aggieathletics.com
For the record, hogwired does stink.  I do kinda like the flash on the homepage with all the records, stats, awards,etc.

Hogvillians! Beware of the Aggie Virus.

It looks like this in your email:

The Aggie Virus
    You have just received the "Aggie Virus" As we don't have any programming experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Texas A & M Computer Engineering Dept

Sbrokeski

Quote from: Slacker on August 09, 2005, 09:08:14 pm
Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 09:04:08 pm
Not that I'm trying to push my Aggie propaganda as usual but, I've really been impressed with this website. www.aggieathletics.com
For the record, hogwired does stink. I do kinda like the flash on the homepage with all the records, stats, awards,etc.

Hogvillians! Beware of the Aggie Virus.

It looks like this in your email:

The Aggie Virus
You have just received the "Aggie Virus" As we don't have any programming experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Texas A & M Computer Engineering Dept
:D  lol, good bull.

Slacker

Did you hear about the Aggie at the stop sign? Well, he's still there.

Slacker

How do you get a Texas A & M graduate off your front porch?
      You pay for your pizza!

Slacker

How do you make a one-armed Aggie fall out of a tree?
     Wave

Slacker

What do you get when you line up several Aggies ear to ear and blow?
     A wind tunnel.

Slacker

An Aggie went riding, and everything was going fine until the horse suddenly started bouncing out of control. He tried to hang on, but with a foot caught in the stirrup, he fell off head-first. With his head bouncing up and down, the horse didn't even slow down. And just as the Aggie was giving up hope and losing consciousness, a Kmart employee came out and unplugged it.

Slacker

Why do Aggies have doormats inside their homes?
     So they can wipe their feet before they go out.

Slacker

Why do Aggies always smile during lightning storms?
     They think their picture is being taken.

Slacker

Theolesnort

How about , another description for a dope ring? A aggie football huddle
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Sbrokeski

Congratulations slacker. You have officially hijacked this thread. 
Was all that just for me?!  Pretty good stuff.  Except you're way off with the pizza delievery joke.  Insert Tx Tech red raider. 
Seriously if you pulled those off the top of your head then you probably own a couple of those Aggie Joke Books they sell at the book stores in College Station.

Slacker

Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 09:44:34 pm
Congratulations slacker. You have officially hijacked this thread. 
Was all that just for me?!  Pretty good stuff.  Except you're way off with the pizza delievery joke.  Insert Tx Tech red raider. 
Seriously if you pulled those off the top of your head then you probably own a couple of those Aggie Joke Books they sell at the book stores in College Station.

Q: Why does the stadium at College Station have Astroturf?
     A: To keep the cheerleaders from grazing during halftime.

Sbrokeski

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 09, 2005, 09:48:46 pm
An Aggie, Razorback and Sooner were all walking down a farm road one day. They all three look over and see a huge steer stuck in the barbed wire, butt facing the trio. The Razorback says "Man I wish that was Jessica Simpson". The Sooner says "Man I wish that was Brittney Spears". The aggie says "Man I wish it was dark".

It's sheep man, don't you know nutin' bout Aggie Jokes!  The sips are better at making fun of us than you guys!    8)

Slacker

Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 09:50:53 pm
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 09, 2005, 09:48:46 pm
An Aggie, Razorback and Sooner were all walking down a farm road one day. They all three look over and see a huge steer stuck in the barbed wire, butt facing the trio. The Razorback says "Man I wish that was Jessica Simpson". The Sooner says "Man I wish that was Brittney Spears". The aggie says "Man I wish it was dark".

It's sheep man, don't you know nutin' bout Aggie Jokes!  The sips are better at making fun of us than you guys!    8)

So you prefer sheep over steers? Okay.  ;D

Patch

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 09, 2005, 07:51:05 pm
Once again:

You rock Mike

Mike, thanks for at least asking. Maybe you can throw in comments here and there in the coming months.

... on a side note, I was really excited when I saw 32 replies on this topic. Thought maybe something really cool was being planned. Turned out to be old <insert team here> jokes

Porquemada

Easy on the UA, the SIDs, and Hogwired. What's the hurry? They'll eventually warm up to the 20th century. :D

Kodiak

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on August 09, 2005, 10:18:42 pm
Easy on the UA, the SIDs, and Hogwired. What's the hurry? They'll eventually warm up to the 20th century. :D
I'm 406 in dog years!   I can't wait forever. :(
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

Sbrokeski

Quote from: Patch on August 09, 2005, 10:13:55 pm

Mike, thanks for at least asking. Maybe you can throw in comments here and there in the coming months.

... on a side note, I was really excited when I saw 32 replies on this topic. Thought maybe something really cool was being planned. Turned out to be old <insert team here> jokes
Sorry Patch.  Guess its kinda my fault.  I tried to contribute a little but Slacker had to have fun with the Aggie.  I'm sorry he hijacked your thread.  For what its worth, I agree with you about the site.

Patch

Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 11:53:48 pm

Sorry Patch. Guess its kinda my fault. I tried to contribute a little but Slacker had to have fun with the Aggie. I'm sorry he hijacked your thread. For what its worth, I agree with you about the site.

Na, I ain't mad at anyone. As long as you recognize that Hogwired sucks, you're okay in my book.

Slacker

Quote from: Patch on August 10, 2005, 12:46:56 am
Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 09, 2005, 11:53:48 pm

Sorry Patch. Guess its kinda my fault. I tried to contribute a little but Slacker had to have fun with the Aggie. I'm sorry he hijacked your thread. For what its worth, I agree with you about the site.

Na, I ain't mad at anyone. As long as you recognize that Hogwired sucks, you're okay in my book.

Hogwired Sucks.  :)

pigfoot

Did you hear about the group of Aaggies that decided to stage a march on Washington?  Last time they heard from them, they were 30 miles outside of Seattle !!
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Slacker

Quote from: Sbrokeski on August 10, 2005, 09:52:05 pm
[/crickets chirpping]

LOL! We're just having some fun with you Sbrokeski! You're a good sport, and seem to be pretty classy...for an Aggie!  :)

BTW, just how many Aggies does it take to change a light bulb?  ;)

Go Hogs!

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: CorningHog on August 09, 2005, 01:03:55 pm
Yeah, I tried to get on there last night and it would not pull up on the internet. We could use some crack pots getting interested in helping sell the U of A on the internet. More and more people and especially recruits look at this stuff. Fans too. It would be nice to get that site modernized!

Hogwired.com UPDATE!  Website still down.  Frickin pathetic.  I guarantee you that if the only way we could purchase (actually pay) our season tickets was to do it thru the website that they would be straightening out somebody's ass.  Of course, now that I think about it, they probably have the same ole ladies that answer the phones and work at the window running that POS website.  Those people are a good example of a business relationship in which the "customer is always WRONG". :-[

Slacker

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on August 10, 2005, 10:01:26 pm
Yeah, I tried to get on there last night and it would not pull up on the internet. We could use some crack pots getting interested in helping sell the U of A on the internet. More and more people and especially recruits look at this stuff. Fans too. It would be nice to get that site modernized!

Hogwired.com UPDATE!  Website still down.  Frickin pathetic.  I guarantee you that if the only way we could purchase (actually pay) our season tickets was to do it thru the website that they would be straightening out somebody's ass.  Of course, now that I think about it, they probably have the same ole ladies that answer the phones and work at the window running that POS website.  Those people are a good example of a business relationship in which the "customer is always WRONG". :-[

Amen to that. Those folks just piss me off. Kinda like the folks at the DMV, or whatever it's called. They act pissed just because you're there!

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Slacker on August 10, 2005, 10:04:50 pm
Quote from: Anti-OtisII on August 10, 2005, 10:01:26 pm

Hogwired.com UPDATE! Website still down. Frickin pathetic. I guarantee you that if the only way we could purchase (actually pay) our season tickets was to do it thru the website that they would be straightening out somebody's ass. Of course, now that I think about it, they probably have the same ole ladies that answer the phones and work at the window running that POS website. Those people are a good example of a business relationship in which the "customer is always WRONG". :-[

Amen to that. Those folks just piss me off. Kinda like the folks at the DMV, or whatever it's called. They act pissed just because you're there!

Yeah, don't you know that you're cutting into their "smoke break" time?

Sbrokeski

Quote from: Slacker on August 10, 2005, 09:57:19 pmBTW, just how many Aggies does it take to change a light bulb? ;)

Go Hogs!
Its cool.  I'm not taking anything personal on here!
And I know this one...I changed a light bulb this morning and yup it took 2!  One to screw in the light bulb and one to make it a tradition..right? ;)

Just tried to go to hogwired.com and its taking forever....guess the mice fell off the wheel.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////