Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This will be Broyles last year as AD...

Started by Arkapigdiesel, July 29, 2005, 09:39:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

astro890

JFB will be hauled out of his office in an ambulance and HDN will never be AD. The money men want change and the Hogs will find a new strong young Ad to take us in the right direction.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...

idochog

Quote from: astro890 on August 11, 2005, 07:09:06 pm
JFB will be hauled out of his office in an ambulance and HDN will never be AD. The money men want change and the Hogs will find a new strong young Ad to take us in the right direction.

As long as John White will let the real men run the athletic show.  White needs to stay over at the womens gym and keep sniffing .............. well nevermind.
I love Jesus!

mikeirwin

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on August 11, 2005, 05:26:14 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on August 11, 2005, 01:14:31 pm
Basically the NCAA doesn't trust the football coaches at member schools not to try to add extra scholarships by putting their signees on scholarships in other sports or by giving them academic scholarships. Most college administrators would never allow such a thing since the spring sports coaches and the academic faculty would go ballistic over such a practice. Nevertheless the temptation has been removed. If you play football on scholarship that scholarship must come from the school's allotment of 85 for football.

Does the same apply to all sports? Such as baseball and track that have a lot of partial athletic scholarships. I would think that it would have to, but I'm not sure. Hogmommy indicated that she thought one of the baseball players she knew had a Chancellor's academic scholarship.
This rule only applies to football.
If a football player participates in basketball or any other sport he has to be on a football scholarship.
Academic scholarships are permissable in the so called non revenue sports.

Drite

Nope...Frank aint going nowhere right now.  Book it Danno.
Happiness is a sharp knife.